PDA

View Full Version : I got a USB keyboard for Christmas....

ModoReese
12-28-2006, 09:02 AM
...all this means is that the songwriting is beginning again in earnest. I'm primarily a bass player/guitar player, but I seem to have a better understanding of music theory on the keyboard.

The bonus is that it's USB, which means I can record directly into GarageBand. Ooooooh, this is gonna be good.

The downside is that this means I'm going to want to go to my day job even less now. :-)

Anyway, had to share with my fellow songwriters....

Michelle

mooncars
12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Michelle;
That's great! My usual MO is to write on guitar cranked to 11! There are times I have to go to piano to compose because the mood calls for it.
However, don't quit yer dayjob. As Sir Iggy of Pop once said:
"On the one hand you need insurance, shelter and food. On the other hand you have five fingers."
So, let five fingers earn the necessities, and let the other five make music.
Please listen to my music in my signature and you keep on rockin', Michelle.

Au reverb,
Rick

ModoReese
12-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Thanks Mooncars! And no worries, no job quittin' here. I've been doing this since I was 14, and now I'm 3mumblemumble. I put it aside for a few years to concentrate on a career change, and now I'm back into it and I'm having more fun than ever!! Maybe the break was worth it.

So, the keyboard was just a nice treat from hubby.

This also means I'm going to wind up polluting this forum with random musical thoughts... :D

Michelle

mooncars
12-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I've been at it since I was 13 and I'm 46 now...grumble grumble! :?D

rtilryarms
01-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the Garageband tip. It's interesting.

ModoReese
01-08-2007, 04:05 AM
It is interesting. I hadn't really had a chance to explore its potential until I had a device I could connect to it. Once I starting messing around though, I was thrilled.

Now I just have to get serious, sit down, and really see what it can do. There's just that elusive thing called time....

Michelle