Cover Art for Goblin Hero. Merry Christmas to me!

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Right around Christmas, I went over to Amazon to do my obsessive rank-checking thing. Lo and behold, Amazon had the cover art for my second goblin book, Goblin Hero!

I'm only posting a thumbnail here, for the sake of bandwidth. You can click the pic for a larger image.

Can I just say how much I love my cover artist? And a blurb from Tanya Huff? Merry Christmas to me! :D

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! You have an excellent cover artist...great cover!

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
God I just love your covers! I am so jealous! I can only hope that mine turns out half as wonderful. Congrats! Say, here's a question. Do you get copy of your cover on its own for your own uses, or do you just get the books with, obviously, the cover on them?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Too. Freakin. Cool! I love the cover!!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Thanks, all. (Love the bunny, aadams73!)

Toothpaste -- for Goblin Quest, they sent me about a dozen cover flats. (Those are printed covers with the front, spine, and back, as well as an extra flap of sales information.) I e-mailed my publicist and got 30 or 40 more. I sent most of them to bookstores, gave away a few as contest prizes, and kept a few for myself. I'm hoping they'll do the same for Goblin Hero.

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
Great cover. It's nice to see Daw authors sticking together. :)

Tanya and Julie Czerneda are two of the nicest people I've ever met at conferences. (Though I don't think Tanya ever remembers who I am...)

Last edited:

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Thanks, all!

John -- I haven't met Julie in person yet, but she's been one of the nicest and most supportive folks I've ever swapped e-mails with. I'm hoping to be able to thank her in person at Ad Astra this March. Hopefully I'll catch up with Tanya Huff one of these days as well... And I should track down Ed Greenwood too, since he's given me great blurbs for both books.

There are just too many people to thank, you know? :)

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
jchines said:
I haven't met Julie in person yet, but she's been one of the nicest and most supportive folks I've ever swapped e-mails with. I'm hoping to be able to thank her in person at Ad Astra this March. Hopefully I'll catch up with Tanya Huff one of these days as well... And I should track down Ed Greenwood too, since he's given me great blurbs for both books.
:)

I'm sure Julie will be at Ad Astra since it's on her turf. I hear it's a nice conference. I keep saying, "I'll go next year." Canada in March is such a wonderful place. ;-)

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Sury said:
An eye-catching cover with such a great blurb. What more can one ask for?

Well, I could ask my editor to call me up and offer lots and lots of money for the book that's been sitting on her desk for a while... But I know they've been swamped, and they already bought two from me this year, so I'm not going to complain. Not much, anyway ;)