You know it's time for a haircut when...

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided not to get a haircut (my hair hangs at Tom Hanks-in-The Da Vinci Code lengths), until I come up with at least 25 reasons why I should. Here, I'll supply the first one:

1) I got called 'beautiful' three times on the way home (by those not running guns for the Parti-colored Brigade) and I'm a dude:ROFL:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I haven't had it cut since early summer but it doesn't grow very fast anyway. Mine isn't Da Vinci Code lengths yet. Mine's more at Digby lengths.

29774308.jpg

I don't want to get it cut, I like it long so I'm going for "just a tidy up, please" or, if the place is very posh, "to thin out its texture, please."

I don't mind it being untidy but passers-by are starting to unceremoniously groom me so it may be time.

So my fake reason to get yours cut is because it's untidy.

But my real reason is that it takes too long to dry.

Last edited:

davids

Banned
Reaction score
While riding in the convertible or out on the old trawler my hair whips in the wind cutting long strips out of my cheeks and the blood drips onto the duds-the seat-or the deck-time for a hair cut! Blood is murder when it is dry and hard-especially on teak and soft European leather-clothes are also a small problem.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't be the only woman absolutely horrified when men choose to cut their hair. Don't you dudes have any sense of how much many of the ladies adore your long hair? Isn't being attractive to strangers who are not free to act on it worth being damp-haired a bit longer than your short-haired cousins who we ignore?

Tidying is tolerable, if very little length is lost, but it's not just my opinion that longer hair makes nearly every man more attractive. Really, truly.

LJ, if you're being mistaken for the other white meat the wrong gender, facial hair and sideburns is probably a good idea.

I remember shopping for my wedding dress. The sales person wanted to know who was the bride and who was the maid of honor. When the future Mr. Maryn turned to display his lovely smile topped by his mustache, we all had a good laugh.

Maryn, who admires lots of men, but subtly

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Maryn said:
I can't be the only woman absolutely horrified when men choose to cut their hair. Don't you dudes have any sense of how much many of the ladies adore your long hair? Isn't being attractive to strangers who are not free to act on it worth being damp-haired a bit longer than your short-haired cousins who we ignore?

Tidying is tolerable, if very little length is lost, but it's not just my opinion that longer hair makes nearly every man more attractive. Really, truly.

LJ, if you're being mistaken for the other white meat the wrong gender, facial hair and sideburns is probably a good idea.

I remember shopping for my wedding dress. The sales person wanted to know who was the bride and who was the maid of honor. When the future Mr. Maryn turned to display his lovely smile topped by his mustache, we all had a good laugh.

Maryn, who admires lots of men, but subtly

Yowzers!

Chris, cancelling his 10.30 tomorrow.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
My husband has long hair... and we have a HOT sex life. Unrelated? I don't think so...

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
WildScribe said:
My husband has long hair... and we have a HOT sex life. Unrelated? I don't think so...

Double yowzers!

Chris, never getting a friggin' haircut ever again.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See, I told you he was smart!

Maryn, who suspected as much

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Long hair on guys is sexy, as long as it's well groomed.

I don't know what the hell Tom Hanks had on his head in The DaVinci Code, but it was not a sexy haircut. A badger, perhaps.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
True, Patti, it does have to be well kept.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Long hair on guys is very sexy. Can you imagine Fabio with a tonsure? Gandalph? Orlando Bloom?

One reason I like fantasy: Most of the guys have long hair.

In my fantasies: All of the guys have long hair.

Reaction score
Lantern Jack said:
What's a tonsure, good sir/madam?

Shave a circular bald patch in the middle of your head, like a monk. There are other 'monkish' hairdos, but this is the most common.

I believe there are orders who imagine an invisible line from ear to ear over the top of the head, and shave the forehead back to this imagined line. Receding hairline, but holy :D

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But how many monks have a hot sex life?

Okay, okay, how many legitimately have a hot sex life?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: Can't...stop...laughing....

I'm getting an urge to find a slot in my WIP for a "Friar Goodf**k"

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
While I agree that some of the sexiest men in history (David Coverdale, for instance,) had gorgeous, long hair - I think that they have to have a full mane to really look great.

Stringy, long hair looks awful on members of either sex.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I’ll be the first woman here to say cut it. In my opinion, long hair on men isn’t attractive, nor is it on many women. Not everyone has the hair texture to wear it long just because you want it doesn’t mean it looks good. However, you are the one looking in the mirror every day, so it is up to you. This comes from a woman who changes her hair style and color about every 3 months.

Last edited:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I suppose we need to define what is long and what is not. Maryn's hair is long, yes? Is that the length we're talking about here?