Brain Disorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Also try googling dissociative identity disorder or its old name multiple personality disorder.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
uina said:
Does anyone know anything about brain disorders? Preferably making stuff up in their head or alternate realities.
That's a pretty general question. What does your story require? As a general statement, anyone who is psychotic has difficulty distinguishing real from unreal and may hear voices in their head. Schizophrenia is most classic for that.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
ColoradoGuy said:
That's a pretty general question. What does your story require? As a general statement, anyone who is psychotic has difficulty distinguishing real from unreal and may hear voices in their head. Schizophrenia is most classic for that.

Yep we need more info

Any psychosis could cause a break from reality and that includes psychotic depression, mania and plenty more. Heck excess stress can cause people to have difficulty distinguishing reality from fantasy. As can alcohol, drugs etc.

Also a brain disorder is different from a psychiatric disorder. People with brain damage can have problems with memory, speech and other functioning.

If you describe the character / plot we can give you more help

uina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
uina.wordpress.com
Sorry for the broad subject. And yes i might have mean psychiotric disorders. But psychiatric disorders also have to do with the brain right?

My main chaaracter suffers excess depressions and stress throughout his life. His mind can't take all of the ripping of emotions that reality has caused. So then his mind takes charge of the brain and begins to see what he wants to see.

i.e. he would see a red ballon. after a while it will turn green. then it will turn into a complete different object.

So he makes up complete new people in his life and objects to suit him.

(copright by Cory King December 2006)
just to make sure no one would use it. :)
i don't know the laws of it but i want to make sure that no one just looks at the website and goes and writes their own book about it.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
in that case google delusions, hallucinations, psychosis

having said that you don't have to have a psychiatric illness to make up a new life for yourself - lots of people do it as a protective mechanism.

Try reading about bipolar and schizophrenia here

Status
Not open for further replies.