• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Victorian Action/Romance Genre Mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a mentor to set deadlines, unblock writers block, and crit my work. Obviously, I'll do the same in return.

I've written several short stories before, but this is to be my first forray into the world of Novels.

So far, I have an outline, character sketches, and the prologue finished, and chapter one almost finished. I hope to be submitting by next fall, at the absolute latest.

I want someone who is going to give me a kick in the butt when I need it, be completely honest about my work, and willing to get the same in return. I'm not so great at sugar coating things, so I don't think I would work well with someone who needs to be gently led in the correct direction. I'm not going to be mean or rude about anything, but I'm not going to walk on eggshells either. I guess I'm just looking for an open and honest relationship that will be both fun and work!

(Geez, it sounds like a personal ad, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.