Respect your elders? THOSE elders? Oh nononononono!

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
A lady on the bus was discussing the WONDERS of the Republican party. At the time, I was reading an article teaching about how they "train" people for their political party. It showed the good and bad of both parties, and it really encouraged my already sour attitude towards the Republican party grow.

She turned to me and began to ask my opinion. When I gave her Democratically tinted views, her face grew beet red. Then redder. And redder. She didn't say anything in her defense, only asked questions. After about 20 minutes, she finally said something.

"You are just a confused teenager- wet behind the ears, you know." (Pardon moi? After encouraging my little political speech nearly a half an hour, that's all you have to say? You have nothing better to throw at me? Have all those many, many, many decades of "wisdom" and "experience" left you in the dust? Usually when someone says "You're a confused teenager" or "you're wet behind the ears", it means that their pride is too swollen to admit defeat. How do I know this? Because I've had to pull the "You're just a stupid little kid" card out on some surprisingly sharp little kids.) And she gave me this mean look (like she had just stepped in a steaming pile) and turned back around, WHERE SHE BEGAN TO BADMOUTH ME. Not the normal, "Freaky haired, pincushion looking dumbass" type deal, I'm used to that, but this old hag began ranting about how I was a "filthy whore" to the babbling swarm of overaged crones in front of her. She told them that she knew me personally, and began to make up stories about some rather nasty, VERY inappropriate stories about my being a prostitute (erm...I don't remember filling out that particular resume, lady.)

Soooo, I got out of my seat, went to the seat next to her, made myself comfy (she was pinned against the window) and verbally tore this woman to shreds. I had an insult for every letter of the alphabet to throw at this expired crackhead. By the time I stepped off the bus, the lady was close to tears and shaking, and the flock of idiots in front of her were close to soiling themselves. One said "You-you need to respect your elders, girl!" Wait, you're still talking? To ME? You got some guts, you gritty, crusty, shriveled _____ __ ______ _____ ____ __ ____(use your imagination here. Despite AW new "free speech" thing, I still think I should leave the blanks as blanks).

Upon reflection, I think I should have rolled up her newspaper and beat the hell out of her with it, while ripping on of those hold-onto-me-pole thingies and jamming down her throat, then I should have kicked each of her crippled joints backwards until she didn't look human and could comfortably fit her shoulder blade into her mouth and use her hip bone has a pillow. Copy and paste for each on of the clucking morons in front of her.

What do you think I should have done?

Scarlett_156

asdf
Registered
Reaction score
Those weren't tears of outrage you saw, they were tears of joy. I keep trying to get people to cuss me out on public transportation, and they just never will. Until you came along. :)

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Real Republicans would never call little girls on buses "whores."

And she probably wasn't really old, either. Old people are sweet, and kind, and full of wisdom and sound advice.

That lady was a fraud.

Okay, I'm kidding. But not much. Most of the old, Republican women I know are dears! Where was this bus headed anyway? San Quentin for Seniors?

ltd.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
That is so sad. Sometimes you have to bite your lip. Very sad.

ETA: (next day) OH MY! I am sorry - I just saw the "filthy w****" comment -- my apologies. I would have found it hard to keep my mouth shut. I would have made some comment but then walked away. What you described as what you should have done to her is rather disgusting. Jammin' a pole down her throat? Sick. I don't care if she was old or young or how horrible she treated you. you basically went down to her same level - even if only in thought.

Last edited:

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Was she Hot?
OldSeaCaptain.jpg

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You want I should go break her legs, love?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
She totally crossed the line with the "filthy whore" comments. People, old or not, are not deserving of anyone's respect when they act like that.

IMHO, given her retaliation, you did the right thing. Just because you're an old lady doesn't mean it's a free pass to humiliate young ladies on a bus because they have a different opinion(an opinion that she solicited.)

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm in love with you.

Given the comments I think I would have done the same thing, at least the new me would have. When it came to the filthy whore part I would have asked her "If I'm a whore then how come you didn't pay me last night for the ____ _____ I did for you." and "Your just pissed since I took your job."

If you ask for my oppinion I will give it to you, if you don't like what you hear then tough crap, you shouldn't have asked.

I will show anybody respect that shows it to me, it isn't something I give away freely. I have been burned way to many times for that. Just because you are old doesn't mean you get it freely from me, show it to me and I will gladly give it in return. I don't care if you rode horses with Ghengis Khan when he controlled Mongolia, you don't show me any respect you will not get it in return. If you bad mouth me in front of a group of people, or alone for that matter, I will rip into you.

The old me would have never done any of that, I was to laid back. But life has changed and me with it. I'm still me, just don't piss me off.

So I would have done the same thing, at least I'm an RN and if she had a heart attack I could have tried to bring her back.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Tell her Ding dong is offensive to doorbells.

She probably is ignorant on what not to discuss in public. It’s customary to mention you don’t discuss politics and religion with strangers. You might have mentioned you were reading, or studying too.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Given what you're saying she said, it's perfectly acceptible to let her have it. I believe in treating grown people like grown people, you invite upon yourself a verbal assault, your "elder" status doesn't give you a free pass.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
I just hope no one does that to your grandmother. Very sad.

My grandmother, who is a delightful 82, has far better manners than to 1: invite a stranger to discuss politics, and 2: call a young girl a filthy whore and berate her.

Being old is not an excuse to be vicious and rude.

This of course does not apply to the unfortunate souls suffering from dementia, alzheimers and various other mental illnesses. Those people can't help it. This particular woman was clearly of sound, but rude, mind.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Actually, she sounds mental, which would account for her being a republican and calling you disgusting names.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
This reminds me of an old woman I know, who lives in a nursing home. She apparently lived most of her adult life as a sweet person, but now - the first words out of her mouth to anyone - are, "go to hell."

It's seriously a sign of dementia. It's pretty common, I hear.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with the person who pointed out that this kind of behavior is a sign of dementia.

But it doesn't make it right.

I agree with Rob, I would have smiled...

then I would have done what you did

but probably worse.

Be glad I wasn't there with you, young lady,

we'd be in jail.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Okay I was scrolling down the list of OP topics, and I saw the "Respect your elders? THOSE elders?" and I thought, "Ten bucks that's TsukiRyoko."

So... hand over the money. ;)

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry the crazy woman on the bus said such awful and hurtful things to you. It was cruel and wrong of her to do that. She certainly didn't earn any respect.

However, you shouldn't have taken her remarks so personally. She's an ignorant jackassed stranger with hoof-in-mouth disease who has no real influence in your life. Why give her behavior power by sinking to her level or even listening to her?

I'm with Rob. I would have just walked away. (Although I do love the "mom" joke above.)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That goes for just about any story told from just one perspective.