Forest Hostel- should I do it?

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
One of my friends has been travelling to hostels all around the country for about two years or so. We starting talking about her travels, and she told me about an amazing treehouse hostel in Brunswick Georgia.

I plan on going not this winter/spring, but the winter/spring of 2008 (she told me to go in the winter because it doesn't snow there, the weather is calmer and there's fewer mosquitos). What do you think, should I do it?

www.foresthostel.com

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
J. Weiland said:
If you are allowed to write while there, I say go for it.
Oh yes. They actually have a little electricity, they wire it through the tree, so I can write on a word processor. But just to aid the rustic feel, I'm going handwritten for a week.

The only drawback? The shower is 20 feet up in the tree with no shower curtain.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
The only drawback? The shower is 20 feet up in the tree with no shower curtain.

Do they sell a lot of binoculars in the area?

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Go for it. It will be a great experience and maybe something to write about. I need to start doing things, vacation and whatever, even if it is the spur of the moment. That's it, I’m making it a New Year’s resolution start living on the edge.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
TrainofThought said:
Go for it. It will be a great experience and maybe something to write about. I need to start doing things, vacation and whatever, even if it is the spur of the moment. That's it, I’m making it a New Year’s resolution start living on the edge.
Careful, people die after saying that. ;)

But yes, everyone should break away from the scheduled life from time to time. You only live once, and if that isn't true, then I still guarantee that you'll only remember it once.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go tsuki, you'll love it! If you are sleeping in the tree house sleep in the middle!;)

Hey tsuki, if you make a cell phone call they throw you in the pool...leave at home!

Last edited:

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Tsuki-life is short and every day it is gettin' shorter-so-go for it what the hell-I have lived in a tree house-just watch the first step

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
A little overnight stay in a treehouse hostel sounds fine and dandy until the mutant, in-bred backwoods family starts stalking you with the intention of making you their dinner or their sex slave.

This is more common than you realize.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tourdeforce said:
A little overnight stay in a treehouse hostel sounds fine and dandy until the mutant, in-bred backwoods family starts stalking you with the intention of making you their dinner or their sex slave.

AAKK! I can't let the child go, she's like my own....Tsuki Mable Smith! Unpack that bag now.....

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tourdeforce said:

Hello, you're talking to a West Virginian.

Everyone knows in-breds are afraid of fire and loud noises. Technically, it's your own fault if you end up being forced grabbing your ankles by some crazy hick. :D

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
I've stayed there! My husband and I nearly got married there (spontaneously, of course). It's a really fantastic place to stay, as long as you don't mind rustic. Dinners are communal and the showers (as you said) are all outdoors. Check out the "Honeymoon Suite"--that's the treehouse they gave us for our stay!

In conclusion, you should definitely go.

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Why does Georgia have to be so dang far away? It's not fair.

You have to go, so you can tell me all about it. :D