What do you think this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted How Cow Found Her Moo in July/06 and recieved my receipt within a week that they had recieved it. I forgot to stamp my reciept but they stuffed it into an envelope and stamped it themselves. Unheard of! After 5 months of waiting I send them a letter stating that if they were done considering it would they please send it back to me (exclusive submission) so I can pass it on. I got a letter back from them within days again, from the editor:

Thank you for your patience during our review of your manuscript How Cow... is still under review, as we are behind in our evaluation of submisions. (Yes, she wrote it like that, odd, is that correct?) We will try to get back to you in 3-4 weeks.

Sincerely...

I get excited when I read it, but I quickly lower myself to earth.

Just currious, what do you think it means? Is it still in the slush pile and their waiting to get to it, but then why would I get the reciept within days of sending it?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
It means that when they FINALLY get around to reading your story, it'll knock 'em dead, and they won't be able to make out the check fast enough and send it to you.

I usually charge to reveal my premonitions, but this one's on the house.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Silver King said:
It means that when they FINALLY get around to reading your story, it'll knock 'em dead, and they won't be able to make out the check fast enough and send it to you.

I usually charge to reveal my premonitions, but this one's on the house.

*grinning*

I'll send my over my big missle toe.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
terri this sounds encouraging! toes crossed for you sweetie!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I think it's a good virtue to be patient now that they have responded; it's probably wise to give them another four weeks. If by that time they still have not made a decision, you can decide then.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it means you made it to first base; it wasn't rejected outright, and they want to give it more consideration. Congrats!! And good luck--hope they love it.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading this over and SYW and thinking it was totally adorable. Good things are coming your way Terri! My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed.

stace001

Look into my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed for you also. It is such an adorable story. I can't wait to be able to read it to my young son. :D

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I'm in agreement with everyone else on this--that is a great title. And according to Silver King, good things are headed your way. What more can you ask for? :D

Um . . . I have 100% faith in Silver King's fortune telling expertise, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you just . . . just 'cause.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
Okay it's been four weeks. I'm expecting an answer any day now. I sure could use some good news after waiting six month for them to decide.

I don't know anything about this waiting process yet but my mom always used to tell me, "No news is good news."

That's a really cute title by the way. I'm crossing my fingers for you too.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Azura Skye said:
I don't know anything about this waiting process yet but my mom always used to tell me, "No news is good news."

That's a really cute title by the way. I'm crossing my fingers for you too.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.