Exercise: Dear Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
Okay everybody, let's get out those funnybones for another exercise. Write a humorous letter from you to Santa.

---------------------------------

Dear Santa,

I was going to do my usual pandering and ask how Rudolph is doing and kiss your great big white butt. But instead, this year I'm dropping the charade -- I haven't been a good boy this year. I hereby appeal my Naughty List status based on the following extenuating circumstances.

We both know I entered the Channel 5 Weather-Watch Kids picture drawing and my crayoned tornado made it on the morning news in place of some other kid's drawing. But kids these days always draw the sun in the upper right corner, and I thought the viewers needed a change.

I will admit that I blatantly ignored the "Remove cup when 2/3 full" sign on the coffee machine at 7-11 and poured coffee all over the counter on seven separate occasions this year. It just never seems like it's going to fill the cup all the way, and I'm too hardcore to follow instructions. I claim technical difficulties on this one.

I honestly had no idea that my backyard sprinkler would hit the jogger path behind my house. Well, not the first time. After that, I left it on to cool those poor people cool in the hot sun. It is common knowledge that people who jog on purpose are mentally ill, and I feel obligated to help them.

The cat I shot with a BB gun totally had it coming. He came into my house, beat up my cat, broke some glasses, and then taunted me within my accuracy range.

At first glance, it appears that my habit of honking at other motorists is a reflection of road rage mania. But I actually care about each and every one of those people -- I'm just doing my part to help people understand their errors. I'm sure they appreciated the feedback to correct their future driving efforts.

For a better perspective, just look at all the things I haven't done bad this year. This year I didn't call any cops "Officer Sweetiepants" didn't harass any male police officers, I didn't find and beat the guy who did a hit-and-run on my new truck, and I didn't hit any squirrels with a golf club. Oh, and I also didn't throw my neighbor's trash bags on his roof when he left them on my side of the yard, even after I warned him that's where they were headed. I am fairly certain that I did not run with scissors. Don't forget to factor those things in.

What happened to the Good Old Days, when we could do whatever we wanted and still end up with Christmas morning loot? Do you remember when I claimed to have been pushed into a storm gutter by the bully across the street and the police came out to arrest him? I got a Nintendo that year!!! Cha-ching! It’s like you weren’t even watching! I surely deserve some sweet consumer electronics this year.

Based on these circumstances, I appeal to your better senses to change my Naughty List status to Good Boy.

Get 'er done,
Riddler

Last edited:

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, I would like to ask for something for somebody else, not for me. I already have all the toys I need. So if you help me with this boy, I won't need any other presents. You can forget my previous letter asking for a Nintendo Wii with the Zelda game. This is more important.

There is this kid at school named Bobby Jenkins. He is in the fifth grade, two grades above me. He lives at 386 Chestnut Ridge, one street over from my house. His family is not extremely rich, and they've had some hard times, but Bobby needs to go. I would like you to kill him in his sleep. I would do it myself, but every time I've even looked at him, I've gotten a black eye or an atomic wedgie. An atomic wedgie is where he pulls your underwear so hard that it fits over the back of my head. Santa, I still can barely sit down after the last one.

You're already in his house without him knowing, and nobody can prove you were even there. Just wake him up, lead him to the staircase, and push him down the stairs. Or hold a pillow over his head until he stops wiggling like in the movies. Nobody will ever know. Bobby's dad might be sad, but he's a bad man. He always smells like wine and I saw him kick a dog one time in the face.

When it is done, please leave a broken candy cane under the door to my room so that I will know my Christmas wish came true.

Seasons Greetings!
Todd

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
Lessons learned...

Dear Santa,

Let's approach this year's list a little differently. Let's learn a few lessons from last year's fiasco so as to avoid a reoccurence of those annoying little buckshot holes astern your sled.

First, although it's not exactly a Victoria's Secret-class gift, how about a new roof? San Antonio and snow are like broccoli and cookie dough. Need I explain? Have you any idea at all what cast iron sled rails do to naked composite shingles? What, with the drag coefficient of metal on asphalt, I'm surprised you got off at all, let alone making it outside 12-gauge range so quickly. I was grudgingly impressed.

Second, how about a nice new pressure washer? I have four dogs, a cat, and, living in the country, a fair assortment of less domesticated quadripeds that can be found on a routine basis around my house. I can tell the difference between randomly scattered field mouse droppings and reindeer poop deposited from an altitude of 300 feet onto my brick barbeque pit. You owe me here, mister. 'Nuff said.

Third and last, you need to pick up my lawyer's fees. Why on earth would you leave my...ex-wife...a coupon for implants? Where was that on her list? What were you thinking? Wait a minute...

Maybe you should just take a bye on the whole chimney-chute routine at my place this year. It took me until August to recover from last Christmas. Besides, I'm out of ammo anyway.

- Ticked Off in Texas

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
(Speaking From Personal Experience...)

Santa, Bubbe! How've you been?

Missed our yearly midnight chat last year. Just 'cause we discovered that the family was hiding that we were Jews all this time and decided that, perhaps, we should go to Temple a little (like, you know, EVER) doesn't mean you have to be a stranger! I put out your favorite...gefelte fishballs and Manichevitz with some kosher cookies for the reindeer babies, along with a note explaining my absence (I was chatting it up with God, discussing my new status as one of His Favorites...that kind of chat takes time). And what did I get in return besides the crumbs and some lint off your clearly cheap, I mean, "inexpensive" suit, that you obviously did not buy in the Garment District? Eight pieces of candy in one box, individually wrapped, with a "Happy Hannukkah or Chanukah or whatever" card attached, written in your hand (of course I recognize, even if I only hear from you, what, once a decade when you need something? Oy.).

Santa, Santa, Santa...from the neighbors who suddenly complain that we are not "in the spirit" because we are not covering our home with a zillion bright, ugly lights nor putting up ridiculously huge, inflatible plastic images of yourself on our front lawn and roof, from them this kind of treatment I can and do expect. But from you?

Who was it who always made sure that your letters arrived not only on time, but on lovely stationery, with a personal note for the Missus? (Who, let's be honest, is probably also hiding her true heritage. After all, her main concern is feeding you and the elves, am I right? She's warm and loving, but has the concern to nag and make sure you get it all done in one 24 hour period? Uh huh...don't you dare turn her out when she discovers that "letter" from her family some day.)

Who was it who always made sure to clean the chimney, scrubbing until fingers bled, I must add, so that you could have a sterilized entrance? Who leaves you the little handi-wipes for your journey? Those are hard to come by...I have to ask for extra every time we have barbeque, and, what with the "discovery", our barbeque nights out have been a lot less frequent. But still, I had enough for you to make it all the way to Miami before you had to get more from my cousin Esther (she's upset with you too, but I'll let her tell you about it personally. I'm not one to gossip. But that flannel nightgown you gave her last year? OY! She wants to know if you think she's a lumberjack or just hate her. But that's between the two of you as I said. Not another word about it from me.). Just because you're not a doctor (though you could have been, I'm sure!), that doesn't mean you shouldn't take the same care as a surgeon. Although, speaking of care, would it kill you to wipe your boots off on the roof first, before you come in and traipse all over my Turkish rugs? (My cousin, Morrie, gets them wholesale from a little man in New Rochelle...let me know if you like, we'll get a couple for you and the Missus for Up North. The cold must be incredible, worse than the old country, I'm sure.)

So, I'll be waiting up for you again this year, since the "night" doesn't fall on a Temple night this time. Please try to remember that while a gift a day over 8 days is nice, we are Americans, first. And Americans, regardless of their religious beliefs, all want the same thing. No, Bubbe, not peace on earth or goodwill towards men. We all want gift cards to Macy's.

Love and hugs, Ruth Sarah Gold (I mean, with that name, how could any of us have guessed the truth?)

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

gIMme tHe gOOd stUfF OR you'll nEver seE ruDoLPh aGaIn.

Raiyah

Shopaholic
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

I'm sorry about last years incident. I didn't mean to frighten you last year when you found me snooping through your bag---I just REALLY REALLY wanted to know whether I was getting that Prada bag I wanted. I'll try this year to not do it again. However, please keep in mind that all I said was "I'll try"

Lovingly
Raiyah

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

I don't know if you happened to see my red sweater last year, but it turned up missing on Christmas weekend and I never found it. I'm not insinuating anything, but you were the only person in my house that weekend.

Let's say, hypothetically, it made it in your bag somehow. If I come downstairs on Christmas Day this year and it shows back up in my living room, there'll be no questions asked. I am also missing a silver earring.

Thanks,
Margaret

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Dear Santa

Dear Santa, I know what you did last Christmas with my Mom. Mom on her back. You Ho! Ho! Hoing! all over the place. I am not sure what Rudolf was doing, but I am sure my Dad will be able to explain this once he sees the pictures. Fork over the good stuff! Toys! Games! The fun stuff. Oh, and the first sweater I see, Dad gets the video and the blooper reel.

Oh, and stay away from my Mom. Or else...

Last edited:

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa:

Enclosed please find the first 3 chapters of my latest novel manuscript, Rudolph and Me, and SASE for your response (or you can leave it by the milk and cookies on your way out and keep the commemorative Red-Nosed One stamp).

I don't know anyone better to represent it, and all the New York agents have rejected it off my query anyway so all I want for Christmas is for you to request a full and ultimately be my agent (5% is the going commission these days; I know, it's a lot, but you're worth it).

Sincerely,

Unpublished Author #4,953,022,341.11

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
RainbowDragon said:
Dear Santa:

Enclosed please find the first 3 chapters of my latest novel manuscript, Rudolph and Me, and SASE for your response (or you can leave it by the milk and cookies on your way out and keep the commemorative Red-Nosed One stamp).

I don't know anyone better to represent it, and all the New York agents have rejected it off my query anyway so all I want for Christmas is for you to request a full and ultimately be my agent (5% is the going commission these days; I know, it's a lot, but you're worth it).

Sincerely,

Unpublished Author #4,953,022,341.11

:roll:

Do you think it'll work? (Readying "Nightmare on Santa Street" just in case...)

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the response I got so far -

Dear Mr./Ms./Other Author #4,953,022,341.11,

Thank you for your request for A quick and lucrative book deal. As you're probably aware, I'm a little overwhelmed at present. Please forgive me if your presents this year don't reflect all of your most recent requests. Understand that Santa gets a lot of mail, and with the icecaps melting the elves are constantly swimming instead of attending to their duties, so we're just about to August of 1986.

In the meantime, please enjoy whatever I bring you this year and if it's not what you wanted, it will build character.

Sincerely,

S. Claus

I think it's a form -- what do you think? Do you think it's a form?

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
RainbowDragon said:

Thank you for your request for A quick and lucrative book deal. As you're probably aware, I'm a little overwhelmed at present. Please forgive me if your presents this year don't reflect all of your most recent requests. Understand that Santa gets a lot of mail, and with the icecaps melting the elves are constantly swimming instead of attending to their duties, so we're just about to August of 1986.

In the meantime, please enjoy whatever I bring you this year and if it's not what you wanted, it will build character.

Sincerely,

S. Claus

Yes, but it's a GOOD form! Very positive and all.

(I'm dying I'm laughing so hard! :roll: )

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
RainbowDragon said:

Sincerely,

S. Claus

I think he wants you to send in more...

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Dear Santa -

Okay. I get the whole "restraining order" thing you pulled on me last year. Since when did a letter every day since 1998 make me a stalker? I've done the good list bit would it KILL you to write back? I've enclosed my favorite "naughty list" photos -- just in case...

Love and snuggles-
Lindsay

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa,

I borrowed a casserole dish from my neighbor Sue Ellen for Thanksgiving and didn't get around to giving it back to her. I wasn't avoiding her, we just kept missing each other every weekend. The lines at the mall are just senseless.

She called looking for it this morning (she wants to make that dreadful green bean casserole again), but I'm about to leave to visit the in-laws and don't have time to drop it off.

Since you're out and about, would you be a doll and take it over there? I'll leave it on the fireplace.

Thanks,
Patricia

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
A Poem for Santa

‘Tis the week before Christmas and scattered about
Are threads in AW we could all do without.
From zealous to plaintive, inane to just drear’,
Frenetic keystrokes seemed the mode for this year.

“Who is your Muse?”, “What’s the best way to write
A scene that an editor won’t dynamite?”
“What is my word count? It’s sad, but it’s true,
I’ve worn off the letters Alt-T-W.”

Such drivel is rampant on board after board;
Who cares if your poor MC still hasn’t scored?
So what if your narrative drags like a sledge,
Or your plot doesn’t twist, or your grammar’s on edge?

Where is my Mod who’s supposed to protect me
From hijacks and tangents that only deject me?
Has he left me alone just to read and to trip
Over threads that now have no adult leadership?

Dear Santa it’s long past time—well overdue—
To send out a warning to this motley crew,
Who hour after hour plot, scheme and devise
Then pound out an MS that withers and dies.

We who presume to enlighten the masses
And foist on our readers like oozing molasses
Our Art, when our intellect, wit and acumen
Can’t even create a believable human.

Our characters stumble through plots that reveal
More about how our own minds just whirl and reel
Through syntax, word order, rhetorical tools
That owe no allegiance to anyone’s rules.

How can we hope to engage our own brother
When first and foremost we burden each other
With point, counterpoint and half-formed opinion
That fail at the start our own Muse’s dominion.

So, Santa, please rescue our belov’d writers’ forum
And send us this Christmas a sense of decorum;
To start I’ll suggest (so all readers will know it)
The first point of order is shoot all the poets.

peg

Greeting Cardiologist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Visiting from another forum - THESE ARE A STITCH! HILARIOUS!

peg

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

(I've always wanted to use that smilie!) Thanks for the laughs; I needed them this week!

pamelajo

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Santa:
Since I've been waiting patiently for the timely delivery of an Easy Bake Oven, the roller skates with the pink poms, the Barbie Head, the Leif Garrett poster (the one where he's wearing the skin tight white satin pants) and a date with Shaun Cassidy, I think you can reasonably chuck that list. It's been well over thirty years, and I'm about to give up hope. Am I that bad?

Well, let's take a look...
I never drive more than five miles above the posted limit.
I smile and acknowledge the greeters at WalMart.
I'm kind and considerate to my family and friends, with the exception of that bitch, Jennifer, but I'm sure her name is plastered all over your naughty list.
I use my turn signal.
I put the cap back on the toothpaste.
I floss.
I eat my vegetables.
What's the problem?

To make things up to me, I would like to wake up on Christmas morning with a new set of non-sagging jumbo boobs.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Pamela

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
pamelajo said:
Dear Santa:
Since I've been waiting patiently for the timely delivery of an Easy Bake Oven, the roller skates with the pink poms, the Barbie Head, the Leif Garrett poster (the one where he's wearing the skin tight white satin pants) and a date with Shaun Cassidy...
Pamela

Whoa! Eerie - we had the same list!! I feel so validated. :)

Shaun never called me either. But maybe Santa was doing us a favor...
That way we could save ourselves for Eric Estrada. :ROFL:

ltd.

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
limitedtimeauthor said:
Whoa! Eerie - we had the same list!! I feel so validated. :)

Shaun never called me either. But maybe Santa was doing us a favor...
That way we could save ourselves for Eric Estrada. :ROFL:

ltd.

:roll:

I wanted Parker Stevenson. I still feel cheated that Kirstie Alley got him. And then dumped him. Santa, I wouldn't have dumped Parker! (Sadly, I can't say that I wouldn't have gained weight, though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.