Status
Not open for further replies.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
What? I don't even know what that means. Does this mean I have to flag you too, since it doesn't meet your guidelines? Can I stretch this into a paragraph of five related sentences? Well, not really. God, this is rough.

What have I written today? Well, I wrote a treatment for this astonishing thing I'm doing over the summer. It was intended to be a six-part chapbook serial story, except now it's turned into this 50-part (or more) mammoth project which is both exciting and terrifying. So I'm mapping it out to make sure I don't screw up. Also trying to dust off and oil all the old parts of my brain that I used to use to write serials, because it's been awhile.

I'm also hoping to finish writing a short story, because I haven't done enough of that of late. If I get up the nerve, maybe I'll get stuff together and send out a query letter to an agent, too.

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
Not much, but I feel crappy.

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
A little on the Children's Novel I'm working on. Used to be a gritty YA Fantasy Trilogy, but now I'm suddenly doing an eerie little piece for 12-14yrs olds. Makes a nice change, to tell the truth.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a blog post, then a shopping list, but as far as real writing, I pretty much crossed out a bunch of 'that', and changed several instances of 'was skating, were walking, and was done' to 'skated, walked, and finished'.

Yeah, happy editing! Nothing makes me feel more like a dolt than editing my own my lame-ass work.

Simon Woodhouse

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwoodhouse.com
I carried on reading through my next novel, making notes about what I want to change and doing bits of light editing. I also wrote an article about holidaying in India, and a review of the movie Robocop. Sent a few emails and chatted a bit on MSN.

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
Are chatting and writing the same thing now?

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
Siddow said:
I pretty much crossed out a bunch of 'that', and changed several instances of 'was skating, were walking, and was done' to 'skated, walked, and finished'.

What he said.

Oh and I just polished off two shorts and subbed them because I was feeling so depressed about the lousy work in the novel...

:flag:10000

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I'm writing a bit more of the YA fantasy novel I'm hoping to finish writing sometime next year (ain't gonna happen I bet *sigh*) right now.

"He was in a mood to be spooked though so he climbed the ladder to the top of the tower and let himself slide down to the closed space below."

My first drafts are so cheesy X-P

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Finished my final early in math class, so I decided to explore one of my characters through poetry--his thoughts on another character.

Didn't turn out too shabby, actually.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eggs
Soy Milk
Cat Food
Kitty Litter
Bread
Tupperware containers
Powdered sugar.

That's about all I managed today, besides this post.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Half a scene for my novel, plus editing the previous couple of scenes that I've had for a while, plus cleaning off the dust&paper-trap that's supposed to be my desk. Hopefully more tonight.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
PeeDee said:
What? I don't even know what that means. Does this mean I have to flag you too, since it doesn't meet your guidelines? Can I stretch this into a paragraph of five related sentences? Well, not really. God, this is rough.

What have I written today? Well, I wrote a treatment for this astonishing thing I'm doing over the summer. It was intended to be a six-part chapbook serial story, except now it's turned into this 50-part (or more) mammoth project which is both exciting and terrifying. So I'm mapping it out to make sure I don't screw up. Also trying to dust off and oil all the old parts of my brain that I used to use to write serials, because it's been awhile.

I'm also hoping to finish writing a short story, because I haven't done enough of that of late. If I get up the nerve, maybe I'll get stuff together and send out a query letter to an agent, too.
This game has made PeeDee's posts crazy! Gah!

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I didn't write anything new, I'm revising Ghost Machine. And I did add things, so technically I did write new stuff today. Well, you know how revisions go. But it's all good stuff, yes it is.

allen

inanna

Queen of Typos
Registered
Reaction score
I whole bunch of posts on forums and such. Aaaand ... that's about it. But I'm in the edit/revise stage right now with my WIP, so I'm mostly reading and scribbling stuff in the margins in red ink.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I posted on some forums and added to my blog. I want to get back to my WIP, but I can't seem to get excited about it.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
"It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out."

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
a poem and a few hundred words of a short story.

oh, and i scrawled "god hates me" on my chest with a screwdriver.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, William, he doesn't hate you... he probably has no idea who you are! :e2tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.