PDA

View Full Version : And what did you write today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

maestrowork
12-18-2006, 10:53 PM
"She is an angel and a demon all rolled into one giant turkey bum."

PeeDee
12-18-2006, 11:23 PM
What? I don't even know what that means. Does this mean I have to flag you too, since it doesn't meet your guidelines? Can I stretch this into a paragraph of five related sentences? Well, not really. God, this is rough.

What have I written today? Well, I wrote a treatment for this astonishing thing I'm doing over the summer. It was intended to be a six-part chapbook serial story, except now it's turned into this 50-part (or more) mammoth project which is both exciting and terrifying. So I'm mapping it out to make sure I don't screw up. Also trying to dust off and oil all the old parts of my brain that I used to use to write serials, because it's been awhile.

I'm also hoping to finish writing a short story, because I haven't done enough of that of late. If I get up the nerve, maybe I'll get stuff together and send out a query letter to an agent, too.

AllyWoof
12-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Not much, but I feel crappy.

janetbellinger
12-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Nothing at all but I still feel okay.

AllyWoof
12-19-2006, 01:45 AM
I am sick.

Beyondian
12-19-2006, 02:05 AM
A little on the Children's Novel I'm working on. Used to be a gritty YA Fantasy Trilogy, but now I'm suddenly doing an eerie little piece for 12-14yrs olds. Makes a nice change, to tell the truth.

Siddow
12-19-2006, 02:07 AM
I wrote a blog post, then a shopping list, but as far as real writing, I pretty much crossed out a bunch of 'that', and changed several instances of 'was skating, were walking, and was done' to 'skated, walked, and finished'.

Yeah, happy editing! Nothing makes me feel more like a dolt than editing my own my lame-ass work.

Simon Woodhouse
12-19-2006, 02:22 AM
I carried on reading through my next novel, making notes about what I want to change and doing bits of light editing. I also wrote an article about holidaying in India, and a review of the movie Robocop. Sent a few emails and chatted a bit on MSN.

AllyWoof
12-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Are chatting and writing the same thing now?

smiley10000
12-19-2006, 02:28 AM
I pretty much crossed out a bunch of 'that', and changed several instances of 'was skating, were walking, and was done' to 'skated, walked, and finished'.

What he said.

Oh and I just polished off two shorts and subbed them because I was feeling so depressed about the lousy work in the novel...

:flag:10000

Thump
12-19-2006, 02:29 AM
I'm writing a bit more of the YA fantasy novel I'm hoping to finish writing sometime next year (ain't gonna happen I bet *sigh*) right now.

"He was in a mood to be spooked though so he climbed the ladder to the top of the tower and let himself slide down to the closed space below."

My first drafts are so cheesy X-P

Akuma
12-19-2006, 02:35 AM
Finished my final early in math class, so I decided to explore one of my characters through poetry--his thoughts on another character.

Didn't turn out too shabby, actually.

MidnightMuse
12-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Eggs
Soy Milk
Cat Food
Kitty Litter
Bread
Tupperware containers
Powdered sugar.

That's about all I managed today, besides this post.

truelyana
12-19-2006, 02:48 AM
Wrote down book references...going to the library tomorrow to do some research for one of my writings

aadams73
12-19-2006, 03:16 AM
2000ish words on my WIP.

AnnieColleen
12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Half a scene for my novel, plus editing the previous couple of scenes that I've had for a while, plus cleaning off the dust&paper-trap that's supposed to be my desk. Hopefully more tonight.

CBeasy
12-19-2006, 03:26 AM
What? I don't even know what that means. Does this mean I have to flag you too, since it doesn't meet your guidelines? Can I stretch this into a paragraph of five related sentences? Well, not really. God, this is rough.

What have I written today? Well, I wrote a treatment for this astonishing thing I'm doing over the summer. It was intended to be a six-part chapbook serial story, except now it's turned into this 50-part (or more) mammoth project which is both exciting and terrifying. So I'm mapping it out to make sure I don't screw up. Also trying to dust off and oil all the old parts of my brain that I used to use to write serials, because it's been awhile.

I'm also hoping to finish writing a short story, because I haven't done enough of that of late. If I get up the nerve, maybe I'll get stuff together and send out a query letter to an agent, too.
This game has made PeeDee's posts crazy! Gah!

underthecity
12-19-2006, 03:56 AM
I didn't write anything new, I'm revising Ghost Machine. And I did add things, so technically I did write new stuff today. Well, you know how revisions go. But it's all good stuff, yes it is.

allen

inanna
12-19-2006, 04:03 AM
I whole bunch of posts on forums and such. Aaaand ... that's about it. But I'm in the edit/revise stage right now with my WIP, so I'm mostly reading and scribbling stuff in the margins in red ink.

Leah J. Utas
12-19-2006, 04:07 AM
I posted on some forums and added to my blog. I want to get back to my WIP, but I can't seem to get excited about it.

Azure Skye
12-19-2006, 06:12 AM
I just cut my chapter 8 in half.

Bartholomew
12-19-2006, 06:15 AM
"It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out."

William Haskins
12-19-2006, 06:33 AM
a poem and a few hundred words of a short story.

oh, and i scrawled "god hates me" on my chest with a screwdriver.

WildScribe
12-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Oh, William, he doesn't hate you... he probably has no idea who you are! :e2tongue:

William Haskins
12-19-2006, 07:19 AM
oh, he knows...

ChaosTitan
12-19-2006, 07:35 AM
I wrote all day yesterday. I took today off.

Pat~
12-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Wrote a few ideas for an article/(book?), wrote a 'to do' list, grocery list, Christmas letter, emails, and posted a few posts.

(I'm on vacation.)

WildScribe
12-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Aside from AW, I wrote two articles for pay (silly, commercial me) and just over 600 words on my WIP. I think I wrote something else, but I'm too tired to remember. Oh, well.

Willowmound
12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I've been absolutely useless today. I managed 750 words on my WIP, which is nowhere near good enough (the word count, I mean -- the WIP is fine :) ).

Wrote about 37 posts on AW.

Suspect I'm suffering from Temporally Erratic Attention Deficit Disorder. Which means, some days I just can't foucs. :(

Serenity
12-19-2006, 09:35 AM
I wrote an 1100 word paper on "Integrating Technology Into Your Classroom Curriculum." Oh joy... You know? These kinds of papers would be a lot more fun if I could spice them up a little. You know, give the tech an antagonist that has a haunted past or something...

Sean D. Schaffer
12-19-2006, 05:13 PM
So far today, several posts on AW.

Yesterday I wrote a vignette on some of my religious beliefs, and I trunked a novel. I'm feeling okay, although having put away what could have easily turned out to be a 90,000 word work, is a little bothersome to me.

But I have what I believe to be good reason for having trunked it.

Maryn
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
I got an idea in the car and came home and wrote it up as soon as I'd stowed the cold stuff. It took some medical research, so I only wrote about 400 words. But I think it might be a nice start to the sequel...

Maryn, who hasn't sold the book, so nobody's clamoring for a sequel

AllyWoof
12-20-2006, 01:45 AM
I finally got an idea for a story line yay!

Jaycinth
12-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Dear Sir,

You are hereby notified as follows:

(I'll do better tomorrow, I promise)

PeeDee
12-20-2006, 02:25 AM
I had high hopes today. Instead, I outlined two episodes for my upcoming serial project, this summer. I realized that writing a serial, which used to be fun and breezy work, is now Lots Of Hard Work. Part of it is getting older, part of it is my writerly brain works a lot different now than it used to. It's slipping me up.

I sent out a query to an agent. It's been, like, two hours and she hasn't written me back. She must personally hate personally me. That's the only logical conclusion.

Also, I realized via James Ritchie that I really need to write a short story and sell it to someone, because it's been too long since I've done that. So I'm writing a short story happily in my spare moments, tonight.

Beyondian
12-20-2006, 02:53 AM
I haven't written anything yet. I'm too tired (early to work). But I am reading Anthony Wilding by Rafael Sabatini.
And I'll write something this evening... I promise!

Little Red Barn
12-20-2006, 03:14 AM
2 queries...does that count?

aadams73
12-20-2006, 03:15 AM
About 2000 words on my WIP.

The Lady
12-20-2006, 03:16 AM
I've written over two thousand words of a short story that was meant to be a flash and has instead got very convoluted and long but at least an ending has jumped up but I'm afraid to leave it and go to bed in case the original energy disappears and turns into something else so it looks like I'm up all night. (yeak, I know, no commas, but I get them later, promise)

Oh and apparently the short story as a paying art form is dead so I sure better be doing it for love.

I am

It's very liberating.

Back to it.

Freckles
12-20-2006, 05:09 AM
I went shopping...and spent too much money...

K1P1
12-20-2006, 05:32 AM
Budget spreadsheets and backup documentation for a grant proposal.
Revised and submitted 1500 word article.
No work, none, zip, nada on my book in weeks. Why won't people leave me alone and let me write?

Leah J. Utas
12-20-2006, 06:36 AM
I finished a chapter. Okay, the first draft of a chapter. But I'd been stuck on it for weeks. It was a progressive relaxation method used in hypnosis. Those things write themselves, but this one refused.
I also posted to my blog, prepped a post for tomorrow, left my tracks on three blogs, and organized the chapters in my WIP.

janetbellinger
12-20-2006, 06:58 AM
I didn't do any writing but I held the warrier pose in yoga for at least five minutes.

farfromfearless
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
I finished a segment in my WIP - about 13,000 words - I have yet to proof it and revise, but I managed to get through a particularly tough/disturbing part of the story and glad I stuck with it.

I spend way too much time on AW - LOL!

AnnieColleen
12-20-2006, 09:11 AM
transitions to fit a pre-existing scene into the new structure of the WIP, which turned into expanding/rewriting part of it. Still more to be done on the same scene tomorrow.

Willowmound
12-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Today I wrote 1300 good words, and that's all right. :e2sven:

J.S Greer
12-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I wrote about 8500 words in my WIP. Im three chapters away from being done with the first draft!

that will be a first for me, not counting shorts.

Sean D. Schaffer
12-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Today, nothing as of yet...

Southern_girl29
12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I've written a 23 inch story about a woman who is going to be on Wheel of Fortune tomorrow night. I've written a cutline about a toy drive for Christmas. I'm now writing another story about a girl who is going for training at the Federal Aviation Administration. Then, I'm going to be writing a story about Christmas services in the area. But, no fiction until later tonight.

LloydBrown
12-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Yesterday I wrote about 3,000 words for my weekly D&D game. Well, about 400 words of that is copy-paste rules text for easy reference during play.

Dave.C.Robinson
12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
No new writing, just revising a short story for a market that's got a deadline of 12/31. Barely got into it this morning. Have to leave for work soon so may have to finish late tonight.

Little Red Barn
12-22-2006, 02:45 AM
Well not much though I got up at 2:00am and copied Van Morrisons Moon Dance, and posted it for the winter Solstice...which now I can't find and am wondering if it was all a dream :)
My typing is improving Lol...Oh and I sent a query!

KimJo
12-22-2006, 04:55 AM
I didn't do any writing but I held the warrier pose in yoga for at least five minutes.

Janet, that's impressive! I'm lucky if I can hold that pose for five breaths without falling over...

I've written two paragraphs (maybe 100 words) on my YA fantasy, and wrote an involved explanation of why I felt my children and I need a protection order against their father. The fantasy was more pleasant on which to work...

Tiger
12-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Finished two stories: one on an actress I interviewed recently; short write up on a television/production program which is offered at a local community college.

I'm fast, if not particularly skilled.

janetbellinger
12-22-2006, 05:29 AM
We must be thinking alike. I wrote a 450 word article early this morning which I titled Winter Solstice. It's been a crappy day otherwise, full of errands and going back qand forth from one end of town to the other, to different branches of the same establishment looking for a certain color of a certain gift. Then there was tutoring, and I did get a sense of accomplishment from that, so I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all except I got another rejection letter in the mail.

janetbellinger
12-22-2006, 05:30 AM
Believe me there's lots of poses I can't hold either without falling over.

Janet, that's impressive! I'm lucky if I can hold that pose for five breaths without falling over...

I've written two paragraphs (maybe 100 words) on my YA fantasy, and wrote an involved explanation of why I felt my children and I need a protection order against their father. The fantasy was more pleasant on which to work...

nancy02664
12-22-2006, 06:01 AM
I'm trying to perfect a letter of inquiry. Never done one of these before, so it's taking a while...

benbradley
12-22-2006, 06:02 AM
I wrote a longish post, probably my best on AW so far, to the "Buying used copies of still-in-print novels" thread. But I accidentally pushed Ctrl-F4 (close tab) on that tab in Firefox before sending it, and now it's gone off to the Great Bitbucket In The Sky, never to be seen again...

But maybe I can rewrite it. Too bad it (and this post) can't legitimately count towards my 100 words a day.

oh, and i scrawled "god hates me" on my chest with a screwdriver.

Well, at least that's three words, but I wonder if you might be better off as an atheist (or if God is the lightning-and-thunder type, you should at least capitalize His name). Read two pages of Dawkins' latest book, and PM me in the morning. :)

maestrowork
12-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Traveling most of the afternoon. But I did get 4000 words in this week.

writerterri
12-22-2006, 11:06 AM
I got 8,000 in a week, just to toot my own horn.

I won't pick it up until after new years, because I'm getting really depressed, but I wrote!

KimJo
12-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Janet, same here. I've been known to fall out of some of the seated poses... LOL.

Willowmound
12-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Today was a non-writing day, but I did 250 words anyway. Then on to shopping (ugh) and cleaning the house for Christmas. Ah, Christmas... :)

Stew21
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
I haven't written anything yet today but yesterday I wrote about 500 words on my novel (I am nearly the 20K mark with it)

kwwriter
12-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm editing yet again.

AllyWoof
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
What's that?

janetbellinger
12-22-2006, 09:25 PM
I wrote a letter to the editor in response to a letter of mine which was in reply to this person's letter. It was about a matter which touches on basic human rights and I wanted to make sure I got my facts right so I had to do some research to get correct facts and figures. I don't know how many words the letter contains, just that I'm glad I wrote it. It will likely draw more ire from the person I responded to but I'll have to live with that. It was too important an issue to ignore. Other than that, I'm not planning to write today at all and probably won't until after Dec. 25.

Nyna
12-24-2006, 10:03 AM
1200 words, and I finished my Christmas shopping.

Willowmound
12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
1500 words on WIP -- a very short Christmas break that was.

Little Red Barn
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM
I reworked the beginning of my book...just tried to challenge myself more and I feel pretty good about it...plus I looked over my new Dict and Thes...must have inspired me.

janetbellinger
12-27-2006, 08:08 AM
I just wrote in my journal but it was an essay I may be able to submit somewhere. Otherwise, I read the copy of Vinyl Cafe my husband put in my Christmas stocking and went uptown to buy 24 pound printer paper, self-sticking stamps and more ink cartridges for my pen. I also bought a squeeze then went home and washed all the downstairs windows inside and out then cleaned up the doggie do in the back yard.

Willowmound
12-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Today I worked in a part that had been missing from the plot, and it came off wonderfully. I am all a-burst with writerly energy, and deem this a good day.

Tiger
12-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Finished half a story on an interview I did with a film producer. No easy task since the settings on my recorder were not correct during the session. Now, I have to turn the volume way up and play everything back at least twice.

Scarlett_156
12-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I posted a lot as usual mostly on RPG forums, transcribed about 10,000 words (didn't count) revising as I go, and sent my Halloween story to an interested fan who loved the first ten pages and wants to make a PDF of it so he can put it on his web site. I declined, saying I am going to submit it to a magazine. I also IMed about 5,000 words, also a pretty normal thing for me. Part of this was to a colleague who practices magic.

ex:

Thelema 27 Like give me an example. Do you mean that weird state of mind right after you wake up where you can't focus?
JinxDoxy yea, exactly; In Liber MMM there's no outline for any practice connected with the "just waking up state". If you are going after chaos monasticism, then you have to wake up every hour or so during sleep to meditate on the chaos star. Otherwise there's no direct reference to visualization upon awakening.
Thelema 27 I could be mistaken, but I just read the book the other day
---
(crack)1111111 hahahha
JinxDoxy He's fixing your ear.
that what it feels like
haha
Anyway- sorry but I'm kinda busy right now. Did they give you any pain meds?
anti-inflamatory
Put some warm hydrogen peroxide in your ear (warm not hot)
that should make it feel a bit better.
FRATER .:.2:1:7.:. hmmm
FRATER .:.2:1:7.:. try that
JinxDoxy well good luck, and ttyl
--------
JinxDoxy He's just full of himself.
He is addicted to various message boards and he will spend like three months watching one board obsessively and posting every five minutes.
It gives him authority.
People who don't post a lot are like "oh wow this guy is awesome!"
Haine or lack of sanity....
JinxDoxy And yet he spends so much time posting and being a pseudo-authority that he really never does anything.
JinxDoxy His grasp of the basics of Liber MMM is minimal at best.
But he is sure of his own power to overbear people on a message board! that he knows!
Haine LOL...
12/26/2006 18:33:23 JinxDoxy He can't cast a basic enchantment
He can't meditate
Haine really....
JinxDoxy He's actually very middle class and pedestrian in his thinking.
Haine wierd...
JinxDoxy But the fact that he posts his ass off all day long PLUS the fact that he spends his vacation time in esoteric workshops gives him authority
not weird
Haine there are a lot of people like that in other areas besides magic.
(relating it, to my once perception of him)
JinxDoxy On the xyx (writing) board that I belong to there are people who can't write, but they post a lot.
n00bs believe they have authority because it says "xyx member" under their name or some shit like that
Just like with t5a, saying they are a "magus" if they have 1500 posts or something.
Haine And THEY CAN'T WRITE.
JinxDoxy lol. They talk about it, but they don't DO it.
Haine They're killing time.

…….But since these people only know that one board and to them that's like the WHOLE INTERNET they have no idea that that's such a common scam!
Haine ahahahaha...
thats fucked up
JinxDoxy those people on T5a are like that too and some of them get into IOT based on their post count and the influence they weild (whoops! sp) on that forum.
NOT because they can do magic.
Haine t5a actually the second forum i ever belonged to, EVER... besides the old .atl
Or know anything about it.
i feel bad for xxx lol
JinxDoxy why?
they look at him as a god
he's like a rock star to them
so- pfft
Haine thattttttttttts fuckin wierd
hahaha
JinxDoxy Well you have to remember, I've known A LOT of people who have put out magazines.
Haine he posts good material and shit, but .... oh wait.......... history is repeating itself
JinxDoxy meh
Haine lol
JinxDoxy just let it go
Haine REMEBER.... PETER CARROLL, RAY SHERWIN??
I mean if it does something for you then stay with it.
hahaha
JinxDoxy lol!
they act like: "Peter Carroll? Who's that?"
Haine THE WHOLE HGA THING... YEA, THEY LEFT THE ORDER THEY FOUNDED.......
Haine do u remember that one post about aether i posted, when we met?
JinxDoxy Yea I think so...
yea!
Now I remember
That nitwit what's his name...
Hijacking your thread
what IS that guy's name?
you know who I'm talking about?
IT'S ALL ENERGY MAN!
Like your question didn't deserve an honest response or something
Haine hahaa, they turned it into a tottal fucking fiasco of violent arguments about spare and some guys "anti-fucking-everything" shit about spare
i didnt even bother reposting.. thats when i sent u the IM
JinxDoxy hey, phone
Haine hahaha! i remember posting, then like 3 days later going back on and theres like 5 pages of people arguing hahaha
kkk
JinxDoxy yea a bunch of bullshitters without a doubt!
Haine hahaha
"i think, what god ment to say"
"sorry, ive never spoken with that much confidence"
12/26/2006 18:58:55 Haine JinxDoxy wooooo
12/26/2006 19:25:36 JinxDoxy Haine 4u *angel/devil/sex smiley*
12/26/2006 19:25:49 Haine JinxDoxy ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh
12/26/2006 19:25:52 JinxDoxy Haine loo
12/26/2006 19:25:53 JinxDoxy Haine l
12/26/2006 19:25:59 JinxDoxy Haine I gotta get back to work here

(THANK YOU! GOOD NIGHT! *bows, smiles*)

AllyWoof
12-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I am determined to work on this novel today. That is my goal for the day Writing!

KimJo
12-27-2006, 06:38 PM
All I've written so far today is the revision of a paragraph in one of my short stories, but yesterday I wrote four pages in my YA fantasy WIP.

janetbellinger
12-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I wrote a poem this morning in my journal. I'd like to work on my novel but my SO just pointed out the housework which remains to be done before our New Years Eve party. Yes, he's working at it too, so I can't complain.

Sean D. Schaffer
12-27-2006, 07:53 PM
I haven't written anything yet this morning; however, I did write a four page essay on my religious experiences of the past week and a half. Of course, it's going to go into a file cabinet and stay there, because I do not believe I am qualified educationally to talk about such things. But still, it was some good writing, and helped sharpen my typing skills, as well as got a few things off my chest.

Today, I don't know what I'm going to write. But I will try to keep up with my daily word goals today. And who knows? I might even write a short story.

See you all later.

:)

CasualObserver
12-27-2006, 10:24 PM
I offer wine with the obligatory...

He thought it was cute, a rather harried sort of cute which she pulled off well, and wondered if offering a hand would come off charming or psychotic.

... cheese. I'm well ahead on my goal for the week but I need to get cracking today, I'm an eensy bit behind on my goal of the MS being submit-ready by June.

Del
12-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I worked on a short. But I wrote a poem soon after waking.

Kittens in the Christmas tree.
Glass shards across the floor.
They're having so much fun,
I'll leave it a few days more.

I'm not a poet. But they already broke almost every ornament so what the heck.

Dave.C.Robinson
12-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I wrote about 350 words of new material in a short I'm revising for submission, and edited part of the rest.

Now it's off to work.

sealy
12-28-2006, 09:01 PM
So, this message is probably the only thing I'm writing today.

Seal

Edited to add: In fact, I can't decide if I want to continue with screenwriting or go back to novels. Wish I could figure out which market is best for me.

Branwyn
12-29-2006, 06:26 AM
I've been writing a lot of letters. I really have to get back to work, but with the holidays...:partyguy:

Tiger
12-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Finished my feature profile. Looks okay. Wish I had a killer quote to finish with.

Little Red Barn
12-29-2006, 06:46 AM
All the names of agents I wanted to submit to this New Year! :)

Willowmound
12-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Not enough, but I reached the end of a chapter (this novel has looong chapters), and I thought, 'well, that's just too perfect a place to quit, not to,' so I did.

Jack Mariani
12-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Mostly I tinkered with Chapter One...well short of my wpd pledge

Shadow_Ferret
12-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I wrote this post.

And I'm so proud. :D

Carrie in PA
12-29-2006, 08:40 PM
I wrote my column.

And several posts. :D

Shadow_Ferret
12-29-2006, 08:54 PM
I wrote my column.

And several posts. :D

Show off. :tongue

Sean D. Schaffer
12-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Today, a four-page vignette, and yesterday, a one-page vignette as well as the beginnings of an outline for a new novel idea.

Willowmound
12-30-2006, 08:26 AM
I keep not meeting my daily wordcount goal, and I keep not getting worried about it. I don't know whether this is good or bad, but I'm happy and I do do work every day, so hey.

660 words today. Pretty ones with lots of colour, shades of blue -- I writes what I sees, 's all.

Inkwell
12-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Four sentences on my WIP.

And I didn't delete them (yet), so it's a good day. :tongue

Willowmound
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Over 1000 words. And since I wrote more yesterday after I had posted here, why not claim 1300 words for today.

Happy New Year.

Sean D. Schaffer
12-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Tonight, I tinkered with a Vignette on the virtues of not having a brain.

Seriously. I just began writing and, there it was: an essay on the disadvantages of having a brain.

It's some interesting reading, although I only meant it as a writing exercise.

My novel outline is at a standstill, but that's okay. Today was my day off, anyway.

WriterInChains
12-31-2006, 09:36 AM
"THE END" at the bottom of page 425 on my latest ms!! :D
I'll go back to calling it a WIP when it's time to edit.
(This is the last time I'll post about it, I promise. :))

(Really. :))

tlblack
12-31-2006, 10:44 AM
A query letter and a few posts here while cleaning the house and other chores, ran errands and other all around distracting tasks.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Having taken some good advice from a few friends on another thread here, I've written, just today, several vignettes, a couple of which were more than one page long.

All-in-all, I think I've written about 2,000 words today. I think that is just plain awesome!

:)

jester
01-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Nothing except for a couple of posts and one new thread......does reading count at all???

Jester

Tiger
01-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Finished another article about another interesting local program... Wrote some marketing copy... Started designing a poster (not really as much writing as font selecting).

Happy new year, everybody

MajorDrums
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I started to write a short fiction piece on a murderous child gang, but decided the idea would be better as a back story to a future novel WIP. This is good, because it has made me more motivated to keep working on my current WIP, which had been stalled for a few days.

Bartholomew
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
6000 words since 6:00 this mañana and still chugging I am totally loving the espesso maker I got for christmas but good god the editing will be a nightmare don't you think and omg I'm dead serious lol.

(Serious about the word count, not about the entire page of one run on sentence. :))

Rolling Thunder
01-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I've been working on a SS that I placed part of in SYW last night.

AND.....

I discovered a short story on my 'puter I forgot all about! The New Year is looking up already.

Well, at least for now. Doom is still breathing down my neck and trying to fondle me, but I'm not ready to give in just yet. :)

Bartholomew
01-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, at least for now. Doom is still breathing down my neck and trying to fondle me, but I'm not ready to give in just yet. :)

...Doom isn't the only one.

*gropegrope*

Rolling Thunder
01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
...Doom isn't the only one.

*gropegrope*

You do remember I currently have a disfiguring crotch disease. Right?

Bartholomew
01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
You do remember I currently have a disfiguring crotch disease. Right?

Love knows no boundaries.

*Grope*

PeeDee
01-02-2007, 02:27 AM
I think that would be less of a *grope* and more of a *squish*....

Bartholomew
01-02-2007, 02:33 AM

*Squish*

Marian Perera
01-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Three more scenes to go before the last chapter is done. I find myself checking my email every ten minutes, though - I'm expecting a critique of the second-from-last chapter and my feedback fix has been delayed thanks to the holidays.

Stew21
01-02-2007, 03:54 AM
I wrote one poem. Just one. My day completely got away from me. I planned on doing so much more.

Rolling Thunder
01-02-2007, 03:58 AM

This, from the man who gave me the disfiguring crotch disease.

ETA: To keep this on topic; I've been working that SS all day and it's heading in another direction now.

**sigh**

And I was SO looking forward to my protagonist ending up under that train.

janetbellinger
01-02-2007, 05:51 AM
I haven't even finished writing in my journal yet today. I did go for a two hour walk though, which probably was better for me than writing at this particular moment in time.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I wrote the beginning of a novel, not just the outline this time. I think I've written three pages so far.

Soccer Mom
01-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Added 1K to newest WIP while feeling vaguely guilty that I haven't wrapped up previous WIP. I only lack approx 10K to finish and could do it this week if I got serious.

Carrie in PA
01-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I wrote a short story! That's exciting for me because I've been stuck in novel mode forever. It was fun.

The Lady
01-03-2007, 02:24 AM
I resumed the novel I put away last year. It feels good.

janetbellinger
01-03-2007, 02:27 AM
I spent the day driving to the city and back then driving back down a second time to pick up my purse, which I had left behind. Yes, there still are honest people left. Yay

Beyondian
01-03-2007, 05:17 AM
I spent today writing on a boat, and again at work when my network connection went down. So far I've got about 1/3 of a chapter done. There's no work left to do, so I'm about to plunge back in.

Leah J. Utas
01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Have finished a first draft of a chapter each day for the past three days. Too bagged to post about it last night. Feels like a writing day today, too.

Marian Perera
01-03-2007, 10:24 PM
My critiquer finally replied. He's great at giving both genuine compliments and frank discussion of why something isn't going to work, so there's a scene in chapter 9 that I need to rewrite. As for chapter 10, one more scene (the heroine's and antagonist's final confrontation) and I'm done.

WriterInChains
01-04-2007, 09:49 AM
A little over 2K on my WIP (a.k.a. Rescued Trunk Novel). This feels so great, I've been working on it in painful dribs & drabs (and wrote some pages that look suspiciously like outlines) since 1-Jan, but tonight it just flowed. Righteous.

Willowmound
01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
After successive days of Other Stuff Interfering, I finally got to do some work. 1500 words, and some elements I really didn't know how to handle, just sorting themselves out. There's always that taste of magic in the air (a bit like burned gunpowder, only sweet) when a character has just done something brilliant that I the writer would never have thought of (because I'm stupid :) ).

Marian Perera
01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
I finished my book.

Well, apart from the rewriting of at least two scenes, and the deletion of part of another, and the general editing and trimming (it's nearly 120,000 words so far). Then there's the synopsis and the query letter. But I finished the book. Whee.

MajorDrums
01-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I finished my book.

Well, apart from the rewriting of at least two scenes, and the deletion of part of another, and the general editing and trimming (it's nearly 120,000 words so far). Then there's the synopsis and the query letter. But I finished the book. Whee.

Big accomplishment right there. CONGRATS.

Marian Perera
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Big accomplishment right there. CONGRATS.

Thanks, but I'm actually a little nervous. I'm waiting to hear my critiquer's opinion of the ending. I like it, but I want to make sure a less biased person feels the same way.

tenpenynail
01-05-2007, 01:08 AM
I reworked two passages in my book that have been bothering me for a bit. Oh yeah, and I took out the forward my x-agent insisted upon--and redid the older one, putting it back in front. So there! Take that Ms x-agent!!!

At least I started ...

Carrie in PA
01-05-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm editing. Bleh.

janetbellinger
01-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Have only written in my journal so far, due to going to the gym and picking up my son in the city. I'm going to work on a short story tonight though to submit to a publisher which was mentioned here at AW. I have around 6,000 words, as I was going to make it into a novel before I decided to scrap it. It's way too passive but I can fix that. I'm giving my novel some breathing space at the moment and working on other things. I'll get back on track next week.

Stew21
01-05-2007, 01:25 AM
I wrote a poem for Deek.

jennifer75
01-05-2007, 01:40 AM
I wrote a paragraph which will help me end chapter 7 of my story.

EngineerTiger
01-05-2007, 03:12 AM
"Local exhaust ventilation must ensure that there is no danger of hazardous contaminants affecting the employees."

Well, some days you just have to write at the day job.

truelyana
01-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Lots of notes for my dissertation research yey :D

dgiharris
01-05-2007, 05:46 AM
A 100 word flash fiction story, check it out in SYW Mainstream contemporary :) !!!!

Willowmound
01-05-2007, 07:29 AM
After a mere 500 words, I'm throwing in the towel for today. I just can't get into the flow, and I need to pause here and think a bit anyway. I outline, so my excuse is semi-valid ;)

AllyWoof
01-05-2007, 07:58 AM
U accomplished 943 words of my story. yay!

janetbellinger
01-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I just revised an article I wrote a year ago and printed it out. Now I just have to get postage and mail it off.

KTC
01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I wrote 4 poems this morning.

Ganesha
01-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I wrote two poems today. Here's one of them-

wood housed memories
penny nails secured
wallpaper changed with mood
furniture rotated around rooms
family not comforted

Del
01-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I wrote this post.

Willowmound
01-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Six hundred words, which is 600 more than I expected. I realised I needed to do some research before I could go on with my story. So I set this day aside for that. But when it was done, I couldn't stop myself, and did 600 words (which I've said three times now).

Six hundred.

Four.

jodiodi
01-08-2007, 02:17 AM
I wrote several queries, some posts, some IMs, a couple of e-mails and am going back to work on my latest WIP. So far it's just around 10,000 words, but they're not all in sequence--I tend to write as the scenes are told by the characters, not necessarily in chronological order. Almost all my other novels are 100,000+ so this one has a ways to go.

Saint Fool
01-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Got rid of the three kids in my WIP. The book started out as a YA SF but somehow morphed into a contemporary romance and I found myself having to send them to the mall or the movies or out in the back yard to get them out of the way. Sigh. But it's a good thing. Really.

I also discovered that the "better tasting" Lorna Doone cookies have the consistency of balsa wood and the flavor of sugared saw-dust. This transfat thing may have gone too far.

jennifer75
01-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Absolutely nothing, too darn busy in this damn forum! :)

Dixie
01-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Well Ive been writing in my notebook which is a continous rambling about my day to day life. Not sure how many words Ive written in a day - never bothered to count.

Do you actually sit and count out the words youve written out by hand in journals/notebook paper???

RIght now Im just trying to make a point of writing something at least every day or every couple of days.

jennifer75
01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I ended my 7th chapter on the train this morning. I loved that feeling. On to chapter 8.

Stew21
01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I haven't written anything today and it is driving me crazy. I have to get 600 words done by the end of the day or I'm already off my goal on the first day of the goal setting.
CRAP!

stormie
01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
I wrote two thank you notes. One for the most delicious dark chocolate that a friend gave, the other for a strange little scarf that, when I wrap it around my neck, looks like I'm sprouting feathers.

As for writing in my WIP: only about 50 words.

Pat~
01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
I wrote a Meditation on Psalm 8...
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1037669#post1037669
and now I need to get to work on a book proposal.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Notes on a new novel. Lots of notes.

MattW
01-10-2007, 08:17 AM
"Direct shipments to customer prohibited by regulatory body."

And my wife's resume.

jennifer75
01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
1500 words last night! Woohooo! About two paragraphs this morning on the train.

Meerkat
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I meant to write some more on my nonfiction book, but then I saw there were new posts here! So I read those, and decided to work a little more on my fiction book, but by then there were EVEN MORE new posts here...

Little Red Barn
01-10-2007, 11:25 PM
625 words this am!

jmousseau
01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
I wrote a press release, sales letters, tons of queries and email responses. YAY :)

Rekd
01-10-2007, 11:36 PM
An introduction to a writer's forum ;)

jennifer75
01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I meant to write some more on my nonfiction book, but then I saw there were new posts here! So I read those, and decided to work a little more on my fiction book, but by then there were EVEN MORE new posts here...

Don't you hate that! I post a reply, then return to the "today's posts" and there are like a million above me already!

Kate Thornton
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
My blog...it's a workday and I am short on time today. But I have some ideas...

giftedrhonda
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
3 pages on my new WIP...yay!!

jennifer75
01-12-2007, 01:24 AM
1100 words last night! Nothing today yet.

stormie
01-12-2007, 03:15 AM
<sigh> Nothing today, except posting here. <sigh> Can you hear those deep, depressed, sighs? (Sorry, but I'm in a strange mood tonight. It was one of those days....)

truelyana
01-12-2007, 03:16 AM
An email to a module leader

KimJo
01-12-2007, 03:17 AM
463 words so far on my YA WIP (I'm still working on it), a bunch of emails, and a few posts here :)

lfraser
01-12-2007, 05:30 AM
The section in the summary of my WIP that will take me past the midpoint slump. It took a while, but I think the rest of the summary will come fairly quickly now since the ideas are bubbling again.

September skies
01-12-2007, 05:50 AM
an advance story about an upcoming bridal show for my local newspaper -- i had never written for them -- interviewed with them yesterday and they gave me two assignments for this week. :)

Rolling Thunder
01-12-2007, 06:08 AM
14 words. 14 lousy words. My head hurts, from banging it slowly on the desk. I need some aspirin.

Leah J. Utas
01-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Addresses on envelopes containing my book proposal.

Carrie in PA
01-13-2007, 04:19 AM
I wrote my column, several emails, and a few posts. :D

jennifer75
01-18-2007, 04:43 AM
just starting for the evening, 340 words and counting. :)

stormie
01-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Reworked a short story, wrote the cover letter, wrote out the envelope and sent it on its way. And of course, posted here.

Pamster
01-18-2007, 05:16 AM
I am reworking my first novel for the First CHapters contest, as soon as I am happy with it it's sent as an entry since i haven't ever even written a uery letter nor have I sent it out, I think it's possible it could win, but then we'll see, have to see what else is out there. :)

It's great there are so many talented writers here in one place, it's really something to get feedback here. A great inspiring feeling, thanks everyone for making AW the board to be on!

janetbellinger
01-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Just a journal entry due to the day job and a migraine.

AllyWoof
01-18-2007, 05:25 AM
I wrote a page and a hlf on my fanfiction piece. I am thinking I might work on my regular novel until my friend come around to play dominos on-line with me.

Christine N.
01-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Worked on my paying assigment, and will get it done well ahead of schedule. Also pulled out an old picture book manuscript and looked it over, did some reworking on it.

MajorDrums
01-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Jotted down some ideas for a scene in my WIP. Very exciting when an idea just wallops me over the head like this one did!

jennifer75
01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm so stumped on how to end my current chapter. I think I can end it here, but not sure. I'm stumped!

WriterInChains
01-18-2007, 06:28 AM
About 3K on my WIP, & I took an editing pass on a short story & a couple of older chapters in another WIP.

(Another snow day here! But, alas, I see pavement now so I'll be back in my cage tomorrow. :))

jodiodi
01-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Parts of the 3rd Qtr report. I've decided to put aside the work I've been editing and going back to one of the later stories.

Nicole_Gestalt
01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Well I've only just started for the day so other than posts on here nothing else. Although I plan to write a few thousand words on one of my wips once i actually get down to writing :)

Sean D. Schaffer
01-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Six pages on an old novel I'm revising.

Christine N.
01-19-2007, 06:52 AM
More of the pb today... and I posted it in SYW, under children's. It's almost finished!

Pamster
01-19-2007, 06:57 AM
I did a lot of editing today on my first novel which isn't being queried actively-no such letter exists yet for this novel, so if it fails the gather.com contest so be it, I will try to see about getting it sold. Hopefully it will happen for me this year too. I am so greatly encouraged by all the talented people around here. It just oozes creativity around here you know? :D ;) :D

jodiodi
01-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Work e-mails, cover letters for job applications, a note in my blog. I also started a new piece that I put in the SYW under romance. I've managed to get in 1500 words during a break.

jennifer75
01-19-2007, 11:22 PM
a few chats in Gmail, a transmittal which was fun. As far as my WIP goes......nothing since Tuesday.

Pat~
01-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Two rather rotten poems, I'm afraid.

PeeDee
01-20-2007, 03:15 AM
I stared at my novel for ten minutes and experienced that emotion which we refer to as hatred.

I wrote a nice 2,000 words of the SECOND robot series story, which is fun because I haven't finished writing the first robot series story yet. I used to write three or four episodes at a time when I did series before, so the fact that I'm suddenly doing it again is nice. It means my old tricks haven't given up on me altogether.

Also, I wrote this post.

truelyana
01-20-2007, 03:21 AM
Made Journal notes

Sean D. Schaffer
01-20-2007, 05:45 AM
The remaining six pages on my revision's first chapter. I feel like a writer again.

:hooray:

Carrie in PA
01-20-2007, 05:49 AM
I wrote my column. I also write a scathing note to a parent who hasn't returned a necessary form simply because she thinks her Precious is above needing such menial things...

And I started a grocery list. :D

stormie
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
So far, at 11:15 am, nothing, nada, zilch. But I did submit a story via email that was already polished and gleaming and ready to go.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Early this morning I wrote three more pages on my re-write. They are the beginning of Chapter Two.

AllyWoof
01-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Been working on the main character bios and plot summery for my very first YA novel! About to start the novel.

jodiodi
01-21-2007, 04:53 AM
I've written e-mails, and am editing an old sci-fi piece I wrote about 10 years ago, amazed at how awful it is.

Serenity
01-21-2007, 04:56 AM
I wrote a homework response and three responses to other posts in my on-line class. I'm fiddling around with a story idea that I think I have mostly hammered out. Just a few more details I want to work around in my head before I actually start writing it-- hopefully tomorrow. :D

K1P1
01-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Finished figuring out the organization of chapter 4 of my book and then expanded the outline by copying the relevant sections of my previous book and a couple of related articles and course materials into it. Rewrote the first two sections so they are now pretty much done.

KimJo
01-21-2007, 06:24 AM
I just started the day's writing, even though it's almost bedtime... My muse picks a funny time to start his stuff. So far, 253 words on my YA WIP, and 70 words on a short story. And a few posts on here, and some emails. LOL.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-21-2007, 07:00 AM
All told, including this early morning's work, I'd say I've written about five-and-a-half pages on my re-write. I'm presently on Page 18 of the draft. It's coming along pretty decently, considering Saturday is my day off.

janetbellinger
01-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Just a couple of pages in my journal while coming home from Los Angeles on the airplane.

WriterInChains
01-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Added about 1,500 words to my WIP -- (according to one school of thought) I'm up to the First Plot Point now! Who-hooooooo!! :)

I also added ten words to my synopsis for the novel I'm shopping, thanks to my grrrrreat writing-bud who obviously knows what my story is about better than I do (since she so nailed it today)! :Hug2:

Gabriel
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I finished the last part of my story and it's come to a respectable 65,000!
Now I just have to let it simmer then bring it to boil with a second draft, heres hoping time makes it mature wonderfully!

AllyWoof
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
I am officially beginning my first draft of my still untitled YA book. I'm so excited!!!!

Stew21
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
i still haven't written anything today. I'm about to transition one character to his lows and another to his highs, and am a little nervous about it...so I'm procrastinating by posting instead.

Vanatru
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
I managed to get about 10 pages knocked up and sent most of it off to the reviewer. Now I just need to go over the feedback and research material.

Thanks Zoombie. :)

-Bill

AllyWoof
01-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks Stew21, you just supplied my story title!

janetbellinger
01-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I have w ritten in my journal. I am so tired from the weekend travels that I can barely keep my eyes open plus need to go to the SPCA to adopt another dog.

Stew21
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks Stew21, you just supplied my story title!

do tell! What is it? I'd be pleased to here that my procrastination benefited someone in some way.

AllyWoof
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
The Transition

zizban
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
I found half a fantasy novel i worked on a few years ago. The map for it is long gone so rather than try to figure it out from memory and from the text, I am simply moving it to a new world and rework the plot slightly.

I still remember the overall plot and what I wanted to do so I expect to move fairly fast to where I ended before and then go forward.

DragonHeart
01-22-2007, 08:02 AM
I wrote the basic premise and outline for the first chapters of a new novel. Now I need to figure out how to write lyrics. Lewd lyrics. For the dragon equivalent of an Irish drinking song (a la Whose Line is it Anyway).

Yeah...I want to know what they slipped in my coffee this morning. And where I can get some more! :D

~DragonHeart~

Tiger
01-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I finished editing a piece on life at college... This took a long time because I kept showing up at AW

Sean D. Schaffer
01-22-2007, 09:05 AM
I wrote roughly 10-15 pages on my re-write. I hope to do even more tomorrow, if the typewriter ribbon holds out.

K1P1
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
A bunch of business correspondence. Grrrump.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Nothing but posts on AW, as of yet.

jennifer75
01-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I "thought" about writing all weekend. :P

stormie
01-22-2007, 11:24 PM
I "thought" about writing all weekend. :P
LOL!
Actually, I did do quite a bit of writing this weekend. Now I'm slacking off. :)

MidnightMuse
01-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Two paragraphs (I'm on a roll :D ) Actually I promised myself many pages by the end of the day, or no dinner.

AnnaC
01-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Today I did some slight revisions on the first 25 pages of my second novel, added about 2 more pages to it, and jotted down some ideas for future scenes.

jennifer75
01-23-2007, 05:47 AM
My WIP is open. However still "thinking" about writing.

janetbellinger
01-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Nothing at all, but I did listen to some speeches in the course of substitute teaching and edited a few of them. Does that count? lol

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 06:11 AM
I just finished the first episode of my robot serial. Hooray! This was really rough, because it needed to be at least 15,000 words long....and I hit 12,000 or so, and realized that I was done, I was out of stuff to say this episode. So dragging out that last three thousand was really awkward and painful.

....but they're good words, they introduce a storyline I never intended, and they're interesting. So that's okay.

And it's done! THe first episode is done! I'm very happy! AND I've already got two thousand words done on episode two, and another thousand words written on another standalone short story.

*is now a happy camper*

Dixie
01-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I wrote a little in my WIP, wrote some on my piddly blog, and of course a couple of emails and posts here on AW.

Last week I was a writing fool, this week Im backing off writing a bit to focus on finding a full-time job. Either way I plan to keep writing more consistently.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-23-2007, 08:24 AM
3,000 words on my re-write, and some more posts on AW.

roach
01-23-2007, 08:25 AM
600 words of rewriting as I work an older story into the current novel.

Stew21
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
started a new chapter. With a pleasant new angle. I'm very pleased! :)

Del
01-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I pulled an all-nighter. I pumped out 2000 words (way whoa for me). It is the first real scene in a new novel and I'm psyched. :)

After dragging for months I had a revelation, changed main characters and it started writing itself!

But now I'm beat and need some sleep but I can't sleep in daylight. How I suffer for my art.

Dixie
01-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Today absolutely nothing. But I did make some notes on some ideas for the WIP. I can concentrate much better at night when I find time to write it out on paper and see how well it flows. I'm hoping after a couple of adjustments it will flow much better.

stormie
01-30-2007, 03:54 AM
A thousand words on one of my WIPs.

Cath
01-30-2007, 03:58 AM
3,000 word in depth interview with one of the main characters for my next WIP. The ideas finally seem to be coming together into a coherent story. *phew*

September skies
01-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Today -- just made phone calls and set up interviews. Starting on my annual agriculture stories - writing about the top 10 commodities in Tulare County.

But yesterday - wrote about the county Honor Band concert. This morning it (and photo i took) was on front page of local paper.

MyFirstMystery
01-30-2007, 04:06 AM
The first 2K words on my new WIP. Woo-FRICKIN-hoo!!!!!

MFM

Akuma
01-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Finished a tough chapter on my WIP. Made more progress on my short story for my creative writing class.

The More You Know...

C.bronco
01-30-2007, 06:50 AM
a business card, a brochure and a website...
gotta pay the bills

K1P1
01-30-2007, 06:51 AM
The section of chapter 4 on increasing and decreasing stitches in stranded knitting.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Not much. I got into a fist fight with a neighbor's guest and I'm not home right now. I do have my typewriter with me, but I forgot to bring my paper when I came over here.

:(

Stew21
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm one cup of coffee away from starting to write for today (at least an hour).
HOpefully it goes as well as yesterday's beginning on that chapter. I'd love to see the end of that one and beginning of the next before the sun comes up.

triceretops
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Sent off chapters to Kunati Press, who wanted a partial of Omega Wars, which was a total shock to me.

Emailed my agent.

Got back on the current WIP, chapter five of The Gate Keeper. Tough chapter--it belongs to the antagonist.

Tri

Bmwhtly
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Not a thing.

But last night I laid down the final draft of the first scene of that red thing in my sig.

Stew21
01-30-2007, 03:24 PM
'bout 500 words so far...woohoo!

Nicole_Gestalt
01-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Just over 1,000 and I have just finished a story so now I can sit back and start the editing process :e2cheer:

skelly
01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
2000 words and pretty much wrapped up chapter nine. I think I'm about five chaps away from finishing this rewrite, and I'm starting to get that "anxious" feeling that I got last time, when I sat here for about twelve hours and wrote the last four chapters of the first draft. 17,500 words, roughly half of which have already been written in the first draft. So, 8750, on top of the 2000 I just wrote? Hmmmmmmmm.

I think I'll pick up a 12-pack and some Mickey-D's on the way home from taking the kiddo to school and go for it. Why not. :)

Pagey's_Girl
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Just got one of my WIPs on track again after I wrote myself into a corner. Go me! :snoopy:

Sean D. Schaffer
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I wrote a hand-written report about the fight I was in yesterday, and the repercussions of it. Four pages. Although I am not happy with the results of yesterday, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things later today.

No smilie faces for me right now. I'm depressed, because a person I thought was my friend, turned out not to be.

skelly
01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I wrote a hand-written report about the fight I was in yesterday, and the repercussions of it. Four pages. Although I am not happy with the results of yesterday, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things later today.

No smilie faces for me right now. I'm depressed, because a person I thought was my friend, turned out not to be.
Sorry to hear about that Ian. I know the feeling of losing a friend in that manner. With luck, maybe things can be repaired. If not, there are and will be other friends. As far as the fight part is concerened, I'm assuming that you don't take such drastic measures lightly. If you had the right of the situation then let it go at that. Best wishes.

C.bronco
01-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm one cup of coffee away from starting to write for today (at least an hour).
HOpefully it goes as well as yesterday's beginning on that chapter. I'd love to see the end of that one and beginning of the next before the sun comes up.
That's impressive. I get up at 5:30 AM, but can not form intelligent sentences orally or in writing until after 8:00 AM.

KimJo
01-30-2007, 11:00 PM
I wrote 300 words on my WIP before I left for work at 6:30 this morning. I came home from work early but haven't gotten my mind back into the right setting to do more writing yet. I got over 1000 words done yesterday, though.

Stew21
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
That's impressive. I get up at 5:30 AM, but can not form intelligent sentences orally or in writing until after 8:00 AM.

heh...not as impressive as it sounds. I got it written but it needs to be rewritten.

Kate Thornton
01-30-2007, 11:33 PM
I got a long-overdue letter out. More impressive than it sounds - it's always hard to get started.

WriterInChains
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I sat down here at 7:30 & just looked up with 3,100 words written. What a rush! I love it when the story takes on a life of its own, & characters I barely knew step up and let me know why they're there. :)

Dave.C.Robinson
01-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Not a single word of entirely new fiction.

Having said that I got through 8000 words in the revision process on the current novel. :)

stormie
01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
I haven't written anything. It's 8:45 AM and my characters aren't awake yet.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I haven't written anything today, although I did finish a chapter yesterday on my re-write.

To Skelly:

I did have the right in the fight as the other guy threw the first punch. Still, I understand he's pressing charges against me. The friend involved in this is his girlfriend, and she's been off off her meds for the last few months. She's also getting on my case for things I didn't do.

I think the guy is upset that he didn't easily beat the stuffing out of me like he bragged to his girlfriend he would do. That's why, I think, he's trying to get me arrested.

stormie
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi Ian--
I'm at a loss with your message above. I gave you a hug on another board here and a rep saying I hope today is better. Maybe it was someone else you're thinking of who replied to you?? Anyway, I do hope things work out for you!