Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave.C.Robinson

... with the High Command
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daverobinsonwrites.com
No new writing, just revising a short story for a market that's got a deadline of 12/31. Barely got into it this morning. Have to leave for work soon so may have to finish late tonight.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well not much though I got up at 2:00am and copied Van Morrisons Moon Dance, and posted it for the winter Solstice...which now I can't find and am wondering if it was all a dream :)
My typing is improving Lol...Oh and I sent a query!

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
janetbellinger said:
I didn't do any writing but I held the warrier pose in yoga for at least five minutes.

Janet, that's impressive! I'm lucky if I can hold that pose for five breaths without falling over...

I've written two paragraphs (maybe 100 words) on my YA fantasy, and wrote an involved explanation of why I felt my children and I need a protection order against their father. The fantasy was more pleasant on which to work...

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Finished two stories: one on an actress I interviewed recently; short write up on a television/production program which is offered at a local community college.

I'm fast, if not particularly skilled.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
We must be thinking alike. I wrote a 450 word article early this morning which I titled Winter Solstice. It's been a crappy day otherwise, full of errands and going back qand forth from one end of town to the other, to different branches of the same establishment looking for a certain color of a certain gift. Then there was tutoring, and I did get a sense of accomplishment from that, so I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all except I got another rejection letter in the mail.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Believe me there's lots of poses I can't hold either without falling over.

KimJo said:
Janet, that's impressive! I'm lucky if I can hold that pose for five breaths without falling over...

I've written two paragraphs (maybe 100 words) on my YA fantasy, and wrote an involved explanation of why I felt my children and I need a protection order against their father. The fantasy was more pleasant on which to work...

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
I'm trying to perfect a letter of inquiry. Never done one of these before, so it's taking a while...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a longish post, probably my best on AW so far, to the "Buying used copies of still-in-print novels" thread. But I accidentally pushed Ctrl-F4 (close tab) on that tab in Firefox before sending it, and now it's gone off to the Great Bitbucket In The Sky, never to be seen again...

But maybe I can rewrite it. Too bad it (and this post) can't legitimately count towards my 100 words a day.

oh, and i scrawled "god hates me" on my chest with a screwdriver.

Well, at least that's three words, but I wonder if you might be better off as an atheist (or if God is the lightning-and-thunder type, you should at least capitalize His name). Read two pages of Dawkins' latest book, and PM me in the morning. :)

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Today was a non-writing day, but I did 250 words anyway. Then on to shopping (ugh) and cleaning the house for Christmas. Ah, Christmas... :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written anything yet today but yesterday I wrote about 500 words on my novel (I am nearly the 20K mark with it)

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a letter to the editor in response to a letter of mine which was in reply to this person's letter. It was about a matter which touches on basic human rights and I wanted to make sure I got my facts right so I had to do some research to get correct facts and figures. I don't know how many words the letter contains, just that I'm glad I wrote it. It will likely draw more ire from the person I responded to but I'll have to live with that. It was too important an issue to ignore. Other than that, I'm not planning to write today at all and probably won't until after Dec. 25.

Nyna

Registered
Reaction score
1200 words, and I finished my Christmas shopping.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
1500 words on WIP -- a very short Christmas break that was.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I reworked the beginning of my book...just tried to challenge myself more and I feel pretty good about it...plus I looked over my new Dict and Thes...must have inspired me.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I just wrote in my journal but it was an essay I may be able to submit somewhere. Otherwise, I read the copy of Vinyl Cafe my husband put in my Christmas stocking and went uptown to buy 24 pound printer paper, self-sticking stamps and more ink cartridges for my pen. I also bought a squeeze then went home and washed all the downstairs windows inside and out then cleaned up the doggie do in the back yard.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Today I worked in a part that had been missing from the plot, and it came off wonderfully. I am all a-burst with writerly energy, and deem this a good day.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Finished half a story on an interview I did with a film producer. No easy task since the settings on my recorder were not correct during the session. Now, I have to turn the volume way up and play everything back at least twice.

Scarlett_156

asdf
Registered
Reaction score
I posted a lot as usual mostly on RPG forums, transcribed about 10,000 words (didn't count) revising as I go, and sent my Halloween story to an interested fan who loved the first ten pages and wants to make a PDF of it so he can put it on his web site. I declined, saying I am going to submit it to a magazine. I also IMed about 5,000 words, also a pretty normal thing for me. Part of this was to a colleague who practices magic.

ex:

Thelema 27 Like give me an example. Do you mean that weird state of mind right after you wake up where you can't focus?
JinxDoxy yea, exactly; In Liber MMM there's no outline for any practice connected with the "just waking up state". If you are going after chaos monasticism, then you have to wake up every hour or so during sleep to meditate on the chaos star. Otherwise there's no direct reference to visualization upon awakening.
Thelema 27 I could be mistaken, but I just read the book the other day
---
(crack)1111111 hahahha
JinxDoxy He's fixing your ear.
that what it feels like
haha
Anyway- sorry but I'm kinda busy right now. Did they give you any pain meds?
anti-inflamatory
Put some warm hydrogen peroxide in your ear (warm not hot)
that should make it feel a bit better.
FRATER .:.2:1:7.:. hmmm
FRATER .:.2:1:7.:. try that
JinxDoxy well good luck, and ttyl
--------
JinxDoxy He's just full of himself.
He is addicted to various message boards and he will spend like three months watching one board obsessively and posting every five minutes.
It gives him authority.
People who don't post a lot are like "oh wow this guy is awesome!"
Haine or lack of sanity....
JinxDoxy And yet he spends so much time posting and being a pseudo-authority that he really never does anything.
JinxDoxy His grasp of the basics of Liber MMM is minimal at best.
But he is sure of his own power to overbear people on a message board! that he knows!
Haine LOL...
12/26/2006 18:33:23 JinxDoxy He can't cast a basic enchantment
He can't meditate
Haine really....
JinxDoxy He's actually very middle class and pedestrian in his thinking.
Haine wierd...
JinxDoxy But the fact that he posts his ass off all day long PLUS the fact that he spends his vacation time in esoteric workshops gives him authority
not weird
Haine there are a lot of people like that in other areas besides magic.
(relating it, to my once perception of him)
JinxDoxy On the xyx (writing) board that I belong to there are people who can't write, but they post a lot.
n00bs believe they have authority because it says "xyx member" under their name or some shit like that
Just like with t5a, saying they are a "magus" if they have 1500 posts or something.
Haine And THEY CAN'T WRITE.
JinxDoxy lol. They talk about it, but they don't DO it.
Haine They're killing time.

…….But since these people only know that one board and to them that's like the WHOLE INTERNET they have no idea that that's such a common scam!
Haine ahahahaha...
thats fucked up
JinxDoxy those people on T5a are like that too and some of them get into IOT based on their post count and the influence they weild (whoops! sp) on that forum.
NOT because they can do magic.
Haine t5a actually the second forum i ever belonged to, EVER... besides the old .atl
Or know anything about it.
i feel bad for xxx lol
JinxDoxy why?
they look at him as a god
he's like a rock star to them
so- pfft
Haine thattttttttttts fuckin wierd
hahaha
JinxDoxy Well you have to remember, I've known A LOT of people who have put out magazines.
Haine he posts good material and shit, but .... oh wait.......... history is repeating itself
JinxDoxy meh
Haine lol
JinxDoxy just let it go
Haine REMEBER.... PETER CARROLL, RAY SHERWIN??
I mean if it does something for you then stay with it.
hahaha
JinxDoxy lol!
they act like: "Peter Carroll? Who's that?"
Haine THE WHOLE HGA THING... YEA, THEY LEFT THE ORDER THEY FOUNDED.......
Haine do u remember that one post about aether i posted, when we met?
JinxDoxy Yea I think so...
yea!
Now I remember
That nitwit what's his name...
Hijacking your thread
what IS that guy's name?
you know who I'm talking about?
IT'S ALL ENERGY MAN!
Like your question didn't deserve an honest response or something
Haine hahaa, they turned it into a tottal fucking fiasco of violent arguments about spare and some guys "anti-fucking-everything" shit about spare
i didnt even bother reposting.. thats when i sent u the IM
JinxDoxy hey, phone
Haine hahaha! i remember posting, then like 3 days later going back on and theres like 5 pages of people arguing hahaha
kkk
JinxDoxy yea a bunch of bullshitters without a doubt!
Haine hahaha
"i think, what god ment to say"
"sorry, ive never spoken with that much confidence"
12/26/2006 18:58:55 Haine JinxDoxy wooooo
12/26/2006 19:25:36 JinxDoxy Haine 4u *angel/devil/sex smiley*
12/26/2006 19:25:49 Haine JinxDoxy ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh
12/26/2006 19:25:52 JinxDoxy Haine loo
12/26/2006 19:25:53 JinxDoxy Haine l
12/26/2006 19:25:59 JinxDoxy Haine I gotta get back to work here

(THANK YOU! GOOD NIGHT! *bows, smiles*)

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
I am determined to work on this novel today. That is my goal for the day Writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.