And what did you write today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a few ideas for an article/(book?), wrote a 'to do' list, grocery list, Christmas letter, emails, and posted a few posts.

(I'm on vacation.)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Aside from AW, I wrote two articles for pay (silly, commercial me) and just over 600 words on my WIP. I think I wrote something else, but I'm too tired to remember. Oh, well.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I've been absolutely useless today. I managed 750 words on my WIP, which is nowhere near good enough (the word count, I mean -- the WIP is fine :) ).

Wrote about 37 posts on AW.

Suspect I'm suffering from Temporally Erratic Attention Deficit Disorder. Which means, some days I just can't foucs. :(

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I wrote an 1100 word paper on "Integrating Technology Into Your Classroom Curriculum." Oh joy... You know? These kinds of papers would be a lot more fun if I could spice them up a little. You know, give the tech an antagonist that has a haunted past or something...

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
So far today, several posts on AW.

Yesterday I wrote a vignette on some of my religious beliefs, and I trunked a novel. I'm feeling okay, although having put away what could have easily turned out to be a 90,000 word work, is a little bothersome to me.

But I have what I believe to be good reason for having trunked it.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got an idea in the car and came home and wrote it up as soon as I'd stowed the cold stuff. It took some medical research, so I only wrote about 400 words. But I think it might be a nice start to the sequel...

Maryn, who hasn't sold the book, so nobody's clamoring for a sequel

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got an idea for a story line yay!

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I had high hopes today. Instead, I outlined two episodes for my upcoming serial project, this summer. I realized that writing a serial, which used to be fun and breezy work, is now Lots Of Hard Work. Part of it is getting older, part of it is my writerly brain works a lot different now than it used to. It's slipping me up.

I sent out a query to an agent. It's been, like, two hours and she hasn't written me back. She must personally hate personally me. That's the only logical conclusion.

Also, I realized via James Ritchie that I really need to write a short story and sell it to someone, because it's been too long since I've done that. So I'm writing a short story happily in my spare moments, tonight.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
I've written over two thousand words of a short story that was meant to be a flash and has instead got very convoluted and long but at least an ending has jumped up but I'm afraid to leave it and go to bed in case the original energy disappears and turns into something else so it looks like I'm up all night. (yeak, I know, no commas, but I get them later, promise)

Oh and apparently the short story as a paying art form is dead so I sure better be doing it for love.

I am

It's very liberating.

Back to it.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Budget spreadsheets and backup documentation for a grant proposal.
Revised and submitted 1500 word article.
No work, none, zip, nada on my book in weeks. Why won't people leave me alone and let me write?

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished a chapter. Okay, the first draft of a chapter. But I'd been stuck on it for weeks. It was a progressive relaxation method used in hypnosis. Those things write themselves, but this one refused.
I also posted to my blog, prepped a post for tomorrow, left my tracks on three blogs, and organized the chapters in my WIP.

farfromfearless

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farfromfearless.com
I finished a segment in my WIP - about 13,000 words - I have yet to proof it and revise, but I managed to get through a particularly tough/disturbing part of the story and glad I stuck with it.

I spend way too much time on AW - LOL!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
transitions to fit a pre-existing scene into the new structure of the WIP, which turned into expanding/rewriting part of it. Still more to be done on the same scene tomorrow.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Today I wrote 1300 good words, and that's all right. :e2sven:

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I wrote about 8500 words in my WIP. Im three chapters away from being done with the first draft!

that will be a first for me, not counting shorts.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I've written a 23 inch story about a woman who is going to be on Wheel of Fortune tomorrow night. I've written a cutline about a toy drive for Christmas. I'm now writing another story about a girl who is going for training at the Federal Aviation Administration. Then, I'm going to be writing a story about Christmas services in the area. But, no fiction until later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.