PDA

View Full Version : And what did you write today?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Kate Thornton
02-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Ian, I hope it works out okay for you.

Today I wrote a *lot* of stuff at work. I hate the "corporatese" these folks spew out - I translate of lot of it into PE (Plain English)

Hillgate
02-01-2007, 01:48 AM
I spent four hours on the phone talking to an editor, a screenwriter, my wife, someone trying to sell insurance and someone telling me my watch had been repaired. Jeez - you guys have time to write? Good on ya.

The Lady
02-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Came home from work, wandered around the house, frightened of my novel, ( I normally leave it very late to begin, having convinced myself I'm a night person) finally sat down and banged out close to 2000 words pretty damn easily and in the middle of the day too. Now I'm relaxing and it feels good. Though I might go write a poem soon. Ah me, a writer's work is never done.;)

Dixie
02-03-2007, 04:24 AM
I wrote absolutely nothing. With last two days being 'snow' days (Maddie was out of daycare) I've had a rough time trying to set aside an hour or two to write anything. I've been lucky to read a few pages out of the James Patterson book but that is it. I'm going to *attempt* to post my weeklty current events on the blog but, thats about as much as I am going to accomplish today as far as writing is concerned.

Toothpaste
02-03-2007, 05:21 AM
Yay! I just finished going through what I call the "easy edits" of my book. That is simple word changes or cuts to phrases here and there that my editor wants. I went through the whole MS! It took a long time. Now onto the "hard edits", the structural edits, where things have to be reshuffled and made .. . better. Still I am very proud of myself right now. That's what I wrote today.

Dave.C.Robinson
02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Yay! I just finished going through what I call the "easy edits" of my book. That is simple word changes or cuts to phrases here and there that my editor wants. I went through the whole MS! It took a long time. Now onto the "hard edits", the structural edits, where things have to be reshuffled and made .. . better. Still I am very proud of myself right now. That's what I wrote today.

Interesting view- I tend to do the "hard edits" first and finish with the "easy edits" as you call them. I think it's because the others are what I view as a polish, and it's hard to polish something and make it all fit together smoothly until it's in its final position.

Your mileage may vary but that's a very interesting take and not a way I would have handled things at all.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Ian--
I'm at a loss with your message above. I gave you a hug on another board here and a rep saying I hope today is better. Maybe it was someone else you're thinking of who replied to you?? Anyway, I do hope things work out for you!

You're right. I just now looked, and I realized it was Skelly who left the message I responded to. I guess I was so upset I didn't realize what I was typing.

I'll go ahead real quick and change the response to the proper person. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

:)

skelly
02-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I haven't written anything today, although I did finish a chapter yesterday on my re-write.

To Skelly:

I did have the right in the fight as the other guy threw the first punch. Still, I understand he's pressing charges against me. The friend involved in this is his girlfriend, and she's been off off her meds for the last few months. She's also getting on my case for things I didn't do.

I think the guy is upset that he didn't easily beat the stuffing out of me like he bragged to his girlfriend he would do. That's why, I think, he's trying to get me arrested.
Cops aren't gonna do anything with this. The dude could try to take you to court and sue you over the thing, but then you'd kick his ass there, too. Sorry you're having this trouble, Ian. Make the dude a character in your book and then humilate him mercilessly. You'll feel better almost immediately. :)

eta: oh yeah, and I am about 1500 words along today, climax looming (which would normally be a good thing, but.)

Toothpaste
02-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Dave . . .

I'm not sure if you understood my technique entirely. You see I have two specific scenes, maybe each 20 pages that require reshuffling, hard edits. I just skip those. Within those scenes are "easy edits" as well but I know there is no point in addressing them because they might not exist once I reshuffle. The rest of MS has no structural reshuffling required, just an added word here, another removed here. This isn't a situation where the reshuffling of one scene affects the whole MS. First of all my book is very episodic, and these are mini stories within the larger one complete with their own beginning climax and resolution. And also this is my second edit from my editor (I've already gone through editing my MS for myself, my agent twice, and my editor obviously once before), so things are very small and specific right now. So I get through the easy edit with the rest of the MS, and I don't have to do anything else with the rest of the MS. And then I go back to the other scenes I skipped and figure those out, and while I am doing the hard edit, I naturally am also easy editing along the way.

Hope that makes more sense!

truelyana
02-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Mostly, typing in forums. I'm attempting to take some notes, on an article now but I don't think its somewhat started yet heehee :D

stormie
02-04-2007, 04:44 AM
About a hundred words. Tops. Sheesh. Not a good day for writing. But I did do a lot of reading!

Dixie
02-04-2007, 06:04 AM
I managed to bang out 1,300 words. It is so much easier when you're typing insted of using a BIC. When you look at it from a typing standpoint 500 looks so small. From a hand-written standpoint 500 words sounds like alot. I guess I've become lazy over the last couple of days.

Chumplet
02-04-2007, 06:54 AM
I sat in a comfortable chair in our local mall for an hour while my daughter was shopping. I did some editing of my MS before sending the full to the editor who's interested in it. I hadn't touched the thing in a year and I'm amazed at the mistakes I'm still finding. Passive voice, head hopping, too many Margarets and Davids on a page. Almost there... I just hope the editor didn't lose interest while going over the first three chapters. She promised to send me a hard copy with her edits.

Pagey's_Girl
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM
A couple of short little scenelets for some fic challenges - we're reorganizing the forums on another board I'm a mod on, so I spent a good part of the day moving and merging threads.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Roughly 1,250 words, which translates to about half a chapter of my re-write.

Not much, but most of today has been spent resting up for the remainder of the week.

I hope you all have a good Sunday tomorrow.

farfromfearless
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
2,217 Words in addition to the 160K+ words of my WiP.

Dixie
02-05-2007, 06:57 AM
3,000 or so words today. It took me roughly 2 hours but I just kept going and going like the energizer bunny. I ended up re-writing the character for the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. Don't ask - I think it was one of those rare times I just let my mind go.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Finished the end of Chapter 15 today. Tomorrow, after I make a few phone calls, I plan on working on Chapter 16.

And possibly buying a typewriter... new.

Pagey's_Girl
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
2,497 words so far. And it's not quite noon. Go me!

AllyWoof
03-01-2007, 06:54 PM
3,000 or so words today. It took me roughly 2 hours but I just kept going and going like the energizer bunny. I ended up re-writing the character for the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. Don't ask - I think it was one of those rare times I just let my mind go.

In writing for three straight hours, I am lucky to get 1,000 words typed. I am about to start working on my WIP. According to my weekly chore schedual, this is sort of a free afternoon. So I think I am going to spend it picking at one of my fanfiction pieces. Not only does it get me further on my contest entry, but keeps the "writers' brain" functioning. By the way, actually I kind of think doing that on purpose(rewriting descriptions of old stories and characters) would be a great writing excersize.

Sean D. Schaffer
03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I've written absolutely nothing in the last two days.

But I do feel better about myself since a friend gave me permission to think for myself again. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Pretty soon, if I'm allowed to return home today, I'll be able to write something cool.

For whomever is wondering, the arraignment is today. Skelly, you were partially right about the cops not doing anything about this. The police officer explained to me that the individual who started everything was my former girlfriend, who played messenger-girl between myself and her new boyfriend. However, I will be answering today for my part in the whole fiasco, and though I'm not looking forward to doing so, at least I'm not waiting and wondering when I'm going to face the judge. That, at least, is one stressor I'm not going to be dealing with after today.

Anyway, back to writing:

I've been imagining like crazy since my friend told me I had the right to think for myself again. I've had more story ideas pop into my mind in the last two days than I've had in the previous 6 months. So that, I think, is a healing of my mind and soul that will really help my writing to do what I've wanted it to do for many years.

So I've got mixed feelings today. On the one hand, I'm not feeling good because I have to face a judge; on the other hand, I feel outstanding because my mind and soul are back where they were before some very hard times in my life began.

But all-in-all, I've written only posts on AW the last two days.

swvaughn
03-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Today I have written both things and stuff.

swvaughn
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Sean, good luck at the arraignment. It's a sad state to learn about a so-called friend that way -- and your friend who gave you permission to think for yourself is absolutely right.

Be well.

AllyWoof
03-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Today I have written both things and stuff. As my 6th grade science teacher used to say, you wrote carrots and peas?

swvaughn
03-01-2007, 10:45 PM
As my 6th grade science teacher used to say, you wrote carrots and peas?

LOL! I love sayings about things and stuff. :D

My mother-in-law says "Stuff is hen sh*t." I guess it's an old English saying? Her parents came here from England (sort of) and they had all sorts of weird little turns of phrase like that.

I did write carrots and peas. And hen sh*t. :D

AllyWoof
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Cool!

lfraser
03-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't written a word today. I did, however, receive a very good job offer, which I will accept. Having a full-time job will have a significant impact on my writing time, but that's life.

AllyWoof
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't written a word today. I did, however, receive a very good job offer, which I will accept. Having a full-time job will have a significant impact on my writing time, but that's life. Maybe, but you will have a steady income.

Pagey's_Girl
03-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Didn't write much, but did spend some time looking over some of my older stuff and realizing that I've come farther than I thought...

scarletpeaches
03-03-2007, 06:59 AM
1200 words and a blogisode...not bad. I can't believe I've been struggling for so long to make 500 words a day and now 1200 warrants a 'not bad'!

Things are on the up.

Sean D. Schaffer
03-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Still nothing, sadly. But I'm not really bothered by the lack of writing progress because I've been taking a break and finding myself doing more of the other things I love... including reading, which I plan on doing later tonight before I go to sleep.

And the inspirations are pretty good too. It's nice to be inspired again.

DragonHeart
04-17-2007, 07:11 PM
After not writing anything for far too long I finally got my BIC, HOK, and banged out the rough draft for a short story in about 45 minutes. Lately I'll get to a point where I have an idea for a story but I spend so much time worrying about how "good" and "original" it is that nothing ever makes it onto the page. I got so sick of it I told my inner critic to shut up and just wrote. 700 words in one day after 0 for a couple months - it feels great.

~DragonHeart~

BenPanced
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Three paragraphs of dialogue for a chapter I need to "tip in" because I'd accidentally deleted out a pivotal scene rewriting another chapter, which I'd discovered I'd done about 80 pages away from finishing an edit on the ms.

Calla Lily
04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
My bloodstained hands are in the process of eviscerating my baby--my first completed book, which isn't scary enough, isn't deep enough in POV, and ain't grabbing anyone by the throat whatsoever.

No sympathy cards accepted. :e2teeth:

Willowmound
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Four hundred and fifty words before work. I have been so good since changing continent. What a difference a move makes.

Namatu
04-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I wrote over 600 words last night and worked it into a preexisting scene. Yay!

I'm starting to feel the need to join callalily for some evisceration, however, as I begin to have thoughts of "this is stupid" and "that's lame." I should finish first though. Finish finish finish. Eviscerate later.

Claudia Gray
04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Thus far today, I've only edited the acknowledgments page for my book. At some point this afternoon, I need to put together the cover art memo.

Norman D Gutter
04-17-2007, 09:34 PM
One business letter, three e-mails, and one letter of condolences to my mother's cousin who recently lost a son.

Creative writing is a distant memory to me due to the busyness of life.

NDG

ChaosTitan
04-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Nothing yet. But I pounded out 7,000 words yesterday, so I'm giving my poor, aching wrists a rest. ;)

Sean D. Schaffer
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I wrote a 12-page, double-spaced, single chapter outline for my present WIP. I'm pretty happy about it. Now I only have 32 chapters to go. (34 in all; I started work on the outlines yesterday.)

Willowmound
04-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Words in the early morning again. These ones solved a slight character motivation issue, and did so all by themselves! So nice when that happens.

JJ Cooper
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Finished my re-write of 'Interrogated' chap 1 and posted it on SYW. Just waiting for some feedback and will be into the re-write of the other chapters.

JJ

Devil Ledbetter
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I wrote a gutwrenching 1,016 word scene where my MC finally tells his estranged wife about his childhood tragedy.

laurel29
04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I wrote one unedited poem consisting of only 72 words... I feel so inadequate looking at all these big numbers. :( I must go write something longer.

Namatu
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I wrote nothing yesterday, breaking my every-day trend. I hope to reassume the mantle later today.

truelyana
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
The start of an essay...

stormie
04-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Nothing. Absolutely positively nothing. Nor do I think I'll be able to 'til tomorrow. Oh well.

Sean D. Schaffer
04-19-2007, 04:38 AM
The third single-chapter outline of my 34 chapters. This one is 10 double-spaced pages long.

Willowmound
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Less than I wanted to. But new words did appear, and that's all I'm asking these days. They weren't too bad either.

Sean D. Schaffer
04-20-2007, 09:08 AM
This time I wrote two single-chapter play-by-play outlines. One was 12 pages long and the other was 7 pages long. Total pages today: 19.

Only 29 chapters to go before the fun of writing my Draft begins.

:hooray:

Snitchcat
04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
More on a fantasy novel about a detective and the weirdness he encounters. Although, I think I managed to delete most of those scenes. Oh, well.

Other than that, wrote a couple of non-English articles.

calamity
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Today? Nothing yet. Plan on working on my WIP. But for the past few days I've written poems. Strange because I haven't tried to write poetry since last fall, been to busy with the memoir, but this week the poetry muse ruled. She was having no prose writing, even though i had my outline and was ready to go. shrugs.

Sean D. Schaffer
04-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Eight more pages of Outline.

28 chapters to go.

Willowmound
04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
One thousand and one Saturday words. There might be more later. Or not. It's Saturday.

stormie
04-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Two thousand words yesterday. I was really on a roll! Before that, I just couldn't write for two entire days. A blue funk. I'm outta that now, thank God, and ready to write again.

BenPanced
04-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I know, I know, a couple posts to AW forums and my LiveJournal don't count...

*takes coffee and goes to bedroom to finish missing chapter, grumbling the entire time*

Sean D. Schaffer
04-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Nothing today, as this is my day off. The only writing I'll be doing is some posts here and at another forum...

stormie
04-23-2007, 03:08 AM
Revising my WIP. These past two days have been good for me and for my writing.

Sean D. Schaffer
04-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Nine pages of outline. One chapter down, one less to go.

janetbellinger
04-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Working on a freelance assignment, my new novel and have begun revising, just for fun, the first novel I ever wrote.

Novelust
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
A couple hundred words of fantasy novel - I'm really excited because I'm almost to the climax, and that's going to involve a finale like the end of a 4th of July fireworks show.

Sean D. Schaffer
04-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Six very difficult outline pages. The chapter I outlined today had to do with some disturbing content for me. I look forward to writing the next chapter, as it completely veers away from the subject matter of the chapter I worked on a little while ago.

JJ Cooper
04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Worked on POV and tightening of Chapter 1 to Interrogated. (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1288003#post1288003) Also another 1000 odd words for same WIP.

JJ

Sean D. Schaffer
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Nothing. I was so tired I could not stay awake, let alone write anything useful. I might do some writing later tonight, but earlier today I slept.

kristie911
04-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Nothing today...but the night is still young.

Wait...it's not? Shit. I guess I wrote nothing today.

What I'm supposed to be writing is the final summary on my employee yearly evaluations but I didn't do those either. <sigh>

lfraser
04-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Not a thing. Just got home from work. But I have my pen and pad of paper ready for my evening session.

kristie911
04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Alright, I felt guilty after my last post so I wrote 1200 words on my current WIP.

But I still didn't finish my employee's evaluations.

Kudra
04-25-2007, 11:44 AM
3,000 words on an article I'm supposed to submit today. Now I just have to cut out the extra 2,000. *sigh*

Sean D. Schaffer
04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Today I wrote 17 pages of outline. Yesterday, after I wrote my previous post, I wrote 10 pages.

Now I'm done with Chapter 11, and I am just a chapter shy of 1/3rd the way through the outline.

BTW, the outline weighs in at 100 pages thick right now. I look forward to using this outline when I actually write the first draft. :)

janetbellinger
04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I wrote three web articles today.

Chasing the Horizon
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I wrote 5,000 words worth of new scenes for the first two chapters of my main WIP and revised the remaining 6,000 words of said chapters. Tomorrow I get to do it all over again, but substitute chapters 3 & 4 for 1 & 2.

kristie911
04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I did another 1500 words this evening.

But...I still didn't finish my employee evaluations. Yeah, yeah...I'm going. And I'm not coming back until they're done.

Maybe.

kristie911
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm back...and they're done. Finally. :)

RMS
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Yesterday I wrote 3 articles for my sites. Too early to have written anything today yet. (For me anyway)

seun
04-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm working on the edit of one of my books (all the boring stuff like spelling and inserting missing words). In an hour, I'm going to do the same to a short story I recently finished. Then I'll start looking for any agents who might be up for a submission from a handsome devil like me.

Namatu
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I was stuck on a scene and decided to go back to the beginning and edit. Today, I embark on a massacre of twenty pages. I'll be lucky to be left with five, but something will actually happen in those five pages so I'm excited to get to it. :sharpening bladepen now:

Sean D. Schaffer
04-27-2007, 07:29 AM
I did the outlines for Chapters 12 and 13, for a total today of 16 pages.

And that might not be the total for today; I'm thinking about possibly doing Chapter 14 as well, tonight. The previous chapter was somewhat difficult to write, as there was a lot of scary content within it.

I don't know as I want to go to bed with ghosts and demons from Chapter 13 on my mind.

Willowmound
04-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Four hundred words between 3 AM and 4 AM. Two days before that I did 2600, which is roughly equal to my previous best. But two days before that again, I wrote 3700 words, which is unprecedented and a little bit fantastic.

If I say so myself.

I mean, it is for me :)

Namatu
04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I killed fifteen out of twenty pages last night. Today, I give new life to the remaining five.

paprikapink
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
"It's a boringectomy I'm performing here. A high-risk procedure."

Sean D. Schaffer
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
I wrote chapter outlines for Chapters 15 and 16 today, with 6 and 4 pages respectively.

dub
04-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Since it's 4a.m., I haven't written anything today except a query letter. I try to write 1200 words per day, but have really gotten out of the word habit and now go by computer measurement.

scarletpeaches
04-29-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm aiming for 10 pages (longhand) of my notebook each day. Today I did seven, but plead mitigating circumstances of Ali Carter playing at the Crucible today. :D

stormie
04-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Does it count that I totally revised 14,000 words of my WIP yesterday and didn't post on AW at all??? Of course, today was another matter. I've been lounging around here most of the day.:D

DragonHeart
04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Today I am working on the rough draft for a short story that's been bouncing around in my mind for about a week. It's turning out to be a fantasy/western/steampunk with a humorous flavor - I've never written anything in the western or steampunk genres and I don't generally write humor, so I have no idea how it'll turn out.

The working title is The Long Claw of the Law.

~DragonHeart~

Sean D. Schaffer
04-30-2007, 06:54 AM
My outlines for Chapters 17 and 18. I might write more tonight, but my quota of one chapter outline completed in a work-day is done.

At this rate, I might get the whole outline finished within the next two weeks.

laurel29
04-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I have been rewritting the same story I have rewritten so many times before... it makes me want to throw my laptop across the room. :( I also wrote one really quick and very bad poem. The poem was way more fun.

Writer2011
04-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Well today isn't over yet (technically) It's Monday morning here on the East Coast :) So at the end of our day I'll let you know what i've written :)

BenPanced
04-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Got the first chapter of another rewrite going properly. Not sure how long this chapter's going to be, though. Feels pretty long right now.

DamaNegra
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Finally put on 1000 words to the novel that's been sitting in my computer staring at me for a long time. Also, wrote the second part of a short story I'm uploading to Deviantart. It's hard to write with my leg on a cast :( I can't find a comfortable position. If I'm not comfortable, I just can't write :(

DragonHeart
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Just finished the rough draft of the short story I started yesterday. Only about 883 words but will probably be quite a bit longer after a full rewrite.

~DragonHeart~

seun
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I spent most of the day fiddling with a hook for one of my books. Tonight, I'll be doing the same and planning a short story which I'm excited about.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Only one chapter outline today, so far. A guy's moving out today and is not happy about it; I'm not sure if I should be using my typewriter any further with him in so sour a mood, as long as he is still in the building.

BTW, the chapter outline was for Chapter 19. I only have 15 chapters to go.

After that, I plan on writing my actual drafts with my word processor, because of all the noise my Quiet De Luxe makes when I'm typing on it.

Sassee
05-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I've been writing a lot of forum responses throughout my day. Does that count? :tongue

Angelinity
05-01-2007, 12:16 AM
nada :(

Sean D. Schaffer
05-01-2007, 06:06 AM
I know I already said I did Chapter 19, but a couple hours ago I added Chapter 20 to my 'done' list.

7 pages for Chapter 20, and 8 pages for Chapter 19. Overall, a good day.

scarletpeaches
05-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Absolutely sod all, but I did get all the ironing done.

Yup, I even use ironing as a displacement activity.

Tish Davidson
05-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Absolutely sod all, but I did get all the ironing done.

Yup, I even use ironing as a displacement activity.

When I am procrastinating about writing, I ask myself "Would you rather clean the toilet or write?" If the answer is the former, its going to be a bad day.

DamaNegra
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Wrote absolutely nothing today. Uncomfortable leg still killing my inspiration.

ccarver30
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I am writing my 1st query letter. :)

Claudia Gray
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Last night I finished up a document about the mythology regarding vampires, ghosts and hunters in the Evernight series; it's not for publication anywhere, but will help guide the publishers and (here's hoping) the film-rights people.

Today I'm at work and therefore not writing, though I did do a little research on family background for a character in a book I hope to work on next year. I am taking a week off before I begin writing my next book, at least in earnest, but I will do research and outlining during that time.

janetbellinger
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I did some edits of a freelance writing assignment and typed up the outline and intro of my new Children's novel.

stormie
05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Trying to cut and paste my Word doc into another Word doc and keep the formatting. So much fun....

ccarver30
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Trying to cut and paste my Word doc into another Word doc and keep the formatting. So much fun....

That is such a pita!

truelyana
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Absolutetly nothing.

My writing days have been dead for a month now.

I got to start writing an essay due in thursday, and a dissertation due in next wednesday.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Nothing yet. I won't be writing today until after 3 PM.

Jack Nog
05-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I did 2600 on my WIP.

After doing nothing this weekend and Monday. I felt I needed to catch up.

WildScribe
05-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I wrote an erotic story, and now I am having trouble focusing on my work. Oops.

Namatu
05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I cut 20,000 words last week and was taking a break, but apparently my brain doesn't want to. Woke up at 4:30 this morning and hand wrote two pages before trying to go back to sleep. Should have just kept writing.

stormie
05-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Nothing yet. It's only 8:40 AM here. Need coffee first. Rather be here catching up on posts.

DragonHeart
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Currently working on another short story, just taking a five minute "I need fresh coffee" break. ;) It's related to the last short story I mentioned - set in the same world, just a different town. I'm doing a series of short stories based in this world, following four main characters (humans and their fantastic partners, a dragon and a griffen). Each story is intended to stand alone but also to bring the series together. I've never tried anything like this but these stories are demanding to be written, and I'm not about to deny that.

I wonder how it'll turn out. Either way, back to work for me.

~DragonHeart~

swvaughn
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Far too many syndicated articles, e-mails, and ad copy, and not enough fiction. Going to get to that now. :D

Sean D. Schaffer
05-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I WILL post this, whether vBulletin likes it or not! I just finished a post and tried to post it, and the connection timed out because the board would not respond. My entire post was lost!
:rant:

---

All right, basically I wrote nothing today yet, but as I didn't give any writing from yesterday, I wanted to let you all know what I finished yesterday.

I finished only Chapter 21 of my outline, as I was pretty devastated by some stuff I learned. I was pretty down on myself for only having finished one chapter, until I realized the way I was feeling was not conducive to my doing any large amount of work. Besides that, I understand one chapter is my minimum quota for the day, so I did accomplish what I set out to accomplish every day.

So I'm feeling better about what I did yesterday, and I know now that I have slept very nicely last night, I should be able to do a grand bang-up job on the writing today.

I'll talk to you all later, and I hope you all enjoy your mid-week.

scarletpeaches
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
A few paragraphs of a presentation for next week. Not much else.

Oh, a couple of poems to stretch my brain-muscles.

WildScribe
05-03-2007, 01:31 AM
6 articles so far. I banged out the last two (750 words each) in a total of a half hour. NICE! Last one, and then I get to quite for the day!

Norman D Gutter
05-03-2007, 02:04 AM
3 business e-mails;
4 pages on the training seminar I will give next Wednesday;
minutes of a meeting held yesterday;
many scribbles on engineering drawings;
revised notice of a class I teach tonight;
with luck, I'll have a half hour to write in my journal after I get home at 8:30 PM tonight.

triceretops
05-03-2007, 02:20 AM
On my third pass of my paranormal thriller, with about 10 more passes to go. Have edited 2,100 pages in the past two weeks. Oh, my aching head.

Tri

Cyjon
05-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Today I wrote articles on starting a gumball machine business, tips for using PowerPoint, image tricks in Dreamweaver, and how project management can help small businesses.

Last week was probably the most interesting week I've had writing so far. Among other things I wrote a conspiracy article hinting at how a certain big company is picking on small companies, without actually SAYING they were, and written in such a way as not to offend the fans of the big company. I wrote an article on haunted hotels in London, and started writing one on haunted hotels in Prague that I didn't finish. Apparently Prague is so riddled with ghosts that it is just assumed your hotel is haunted. And I wrote a Mother's Day article on how my sister deals with raising a special needs child.

NEGO
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm struggling through the typical lapse I have between short stories, so I wrote two poems and a flash fiction piece about a little league pitcher beaning a batter as retaliation. I also wrote some pretty good dialogue that I'll probably try to work into my next short story.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
I wrote chapter outlines for Chapters 22, 23, and 24. The total page count for today was 21 pages. This brings my outline to a running total of 193 pages. I have ten chapters left to write the outlines for, and so I'm thinking I might have a little under 300 pages done when I finish my outline.

Overall, another good day today.

Anya Smith
05-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Only about 600 words in a short story. It was one of those 'chores days'. Boy, do I hate those.

DragonHeart
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Working on the rough draft of Peacekeepers #3: Sand and Sky. If I get it done in good time, I'll continue on to #4: Stormy Seas.

~DragonHeart~

Sean D. Schaffer
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Finished my outline today. It weighs in at 255 pages and 63,750 words using the 250 method. I also have written the beginning of the 1st Draft tonight, of which I have the first 6 pages completed. I'm pretty happy at this point, and right now I'm just taking a long break from the work. I should be back at the mill in a few minutes ... even though it is almost 11:00 PM.

:e2BIC:

dub
05-08-2007, 03:11 PM
It's a little after 7 in the morning, when my eyes refocus I will consider my tasks for the day. However, I did write a quick pithy email to my agent.

Devil Ledbetter
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
A 2,500-word courtroom scene.

Kudra
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Lots and lots of e-mails.

BenPanced
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Uh...balanced my checkbook...signed a card for somebody at work who's leaving this Friday...a couple LiveJournal comments...and this post...okay, okay, I'm goin'...

*muttergrumblegrowlsnarlhiss*:e2teeth:

The Lady
05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
I've written about 1,500 words. the best part is, I was doing a story with lots of flashbacks (and I know that's wrong) but then discovered a real cool, damn it I want to say funky so I will, way to frame the flashbacks. Now, the story is working. Yay, yet another time, writing into the void has worked for me. I sing my praises.:D

Claudia Gray
05-08-2007, 06:12 PM
It's early yet, but I've worked on the outline for a thriller I hope to have in proposal form by the fall. I want that outline in very solid shape -- ready to go -- before I start on my second vampire book. That way, hopefully, as soon as the second vampire book is done (August? September?), I can hit the ground running on the thriller.

Jack Nog
05-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Um...well...

Only 300 on my WIP...it's only 1pm however...

And about 2000 for a stupid tech manual for work on Knowledge Management. FUN STUFF!

janetbellinger
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I was in a Grade 5-6 classroom, substitute teaching. I wrote a bit in my journal during silent reading/writing time but other than that just a few submissions to agents before I left for work.

Shady Lane
05-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Not much yet today...a scene or two. I got 15,000 words done yesterday, though.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Today I wrote 9 more pages of 1st Draft. I'm still on the first chapter, and presently I have 15 pages finished.

Of course, it's not quite noon yet, so I might get more writing done as the day progresses.

I sure am glad I did that outline, though. It really is a good resource for me because I already have the story finished.

Presently, I'm debating whether or not to write the final point of the outline out in the draft; though it is relevant to the story, it also doesn't seem to fit properly. I'm thinking I might cull this one portion of the outline from the WIP.

ETA:
But right now I have, using the 250 method, 3,750 words completed on the manuscript.

dub
05-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Not much, wrote a grammar lesson for my ESL class, caught up a blog, played on AW and FW, answered a dozen or so emails. Looked and deleted by pseudonym's emails, answered one.

Bummer day, think I will hang it up and try the Hemingway evening, maybe I can write better with The Captain leading the way.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Today I wrote 16 pages of my 1st Draft, for a total of 4,000 words. I've started work on Chapter 2, and the work is coming along nicely. I'm surprised I can do so much, but without all the noise my typewriter makes, I can do more typing with less worry.

I probably will do still more later on tonight, as it is only 7:42 PM here as I write this post.

Claudia Gray
05-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Tonight I worked more on the thriller outline. I didn't get finished, as I'd hoped, b/c I realized I needed to build up another character to support the plot in the middle of the book. But I did realize that, started working with the outline to get that character in there, and would say that I'm 2/3 done at this point. I'm in good shape to be done for the weekend, so I can turn to Stargazer.

NEGO
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I wrote what I think is a pretty damned good opening for a new short story. I always write to music, and I was listening to a band called Rancid today, so the sentences flow in a really rhythmic, quick way that contrasts nicely with the subject matter. I'm very pleased.

MidnightMuse
05-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Nothing yet today - I find myself stimied at the moment and I'm not sure why. I'm either going to fast in this WIP or not adding the right amount of subplot data. Something's off, and it's bugging me no end.

Could be due to my foray into Mystery/Thriller without Science Fiction aspects (first time in so many years, I've forgotten how!) I keep thinking I have to toss in something "out there" in there, and I don't wanna.

It'll work out (she chants over and over again)

ccarver30
05-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I edited my first 3 chapters.
*stabs self in the eye* :\

akiwiguy
05-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm still outlining at the moment, though almost finished. Am pleased with the way things are fitting into place and ready to launch into writing my first serious attempt at a novel. Often I've tended to write with way too fuzzy ideas in my mind, characters but no real plot, but this time round I'm pleased with my own clarity.

Uncarved
05-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I wrote and submitted 5 articles. Breezing over chapter one of my novel now.

Devil Ledbetter
05-10-2007, 08:20 AM
1326-word scene for my WIP. Also, I went over my courtroom scene with legal expert to make sure my terminology was correct and the events were plausible.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
So far I've done 6 pages of Chapter 2. I still want to get another 4 pages done tonight before I go to bed, so as to make my daily quota of 10 pages.

Still, considering all the work I did today on the apartment, 6 pages is nothing for me to sneeze at.

I might come back on later when I get done and tell you all what I've accomplished, when I get finished with Chapter 2. In the mean time, I hope you all have a good mid-week.

ETA:

I just finished my chapter, and I thought you would all like to know I did a total of 11 pages. That translates, if I understand the 250 method correctly, to 2,750 words that I have written on my WIP today.

I hope you all have a good rest-of-the-week, and I wish you all the very best with your continued writing endeavors.

Kudra
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
More e-mails. *sigh*

Sean D. Schaffer
05-11-2007, 03:36 AM
I wrote Chapter 3 today. It's 15 pages long altogether, so I quite easily made my quota for the day, page-wise. I look forward to working on Chapter 4 either later tonight or tomorrow.

I hope you all have a good day today, and I wish you all the very best.

Legionsynch
05-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Today was not a good day for the writing. :(

I've been pounding at the story in a record pace lately, so an off day can be expected, I guess.

I did, however, make some headway on the synopsis of the story up to this point. It's a good step in the right direction.

The Lady
05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
About 700 words. Torn out of me, but at least the story is back on track and the next 5000 should be plain sailing :)

dub
05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Answered a bunch of emails. Ghosted three story starters for contest entrants (Not at AW).

stormie
05-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Revised the first 14,000 words of my WIP. Again.

janetbellinger
05-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Wrote in my journal, even found time to do it during a spare period at work.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Six pages on my WIP, and four pages on a new short short. Ten pages altogether, so even though I didn't get my daily quota only on my WIP, I am happy I made the ten pages at all.

Serenity
05-13-2007, 06:13 AM
About 3100 words on my current WIP. :D

Claudia Gray
05-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I finished chapter one of Stargazer and did more polishing on the outline for my thriller-to-be, which has the working title Delilah.

Tomorrow I begin chapter two!

Legionsynch
05-13-2007, 07:47 AM
I wrote an amazing one word today. And it wasn't a real word as much as it was a placeholder for what I know comes next.

So to everyone that got a lot more accomplished today, major congrats. :)

Sean D. Schaffer
05-13-2007, 11:00 AM
11 pages on my WIP. Chapter 4 of my First Draft is finished.

Whew! One long, nightmarish chapter. It's 21 pages long, and 5,250 words. I am glad I am finished with it.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Chapter 5.

10 pages.

2,500 words.

Legionsynch
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Saturday's slump was met with two scenes that flowed perfectly. Y'know, the kind of writing where you sit down, you're not sure where to go. Half an hour later, you step back to realize you've actually gotten a lot done, and you're immensely proud of the way it comes out.

3,000 words, roughly, and ending the chapter.

CoriSCapnSkip
05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Sections of the Great American Novel, which is going, um...great. :D

scarletpeaches
05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Reporting in for yesterday - I have my mojo back. 1900+ words, aiming for the same today, trying to get it up to 4k by the end of Monday and damn this summer cold to Hades! It will not put me off!

Devil Ledbetter
05-15-2007, 03:32 AM
I composed and edited an 846-word scene for my WIP.

BenPanced
05-15-2007, 04:02 AM
The first sentence for what I hope to be a creeptastic manuscript.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Today I wrote 18 pages on my WIP. I finally broke down and decided to use my typewriter again because of the way my computer has been acting up.

So far, I've just hit Page 100 of the First Draft, and I'm pretty excited about it. At this rate, it looks as though my First Draft will be roughly a third longer than the outline was.

So I'm right at 25,000 words finished on the WIP, using the 250 method.

Shady Lane
05-15-2007, 04:53 AM
Started the first draft of a new book. I'm having fun, too.

ATP
05-15-2007, 05:20 PM
1300 words of a 2000 word article due on Wed. 16-5-07. Very, very much looking forward to its completion and submission tomorrow.

AndreaGS
05-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Bleh. So far, 774 words. I've started re-writing my first chapter. Fortunately, this is the only one I've resolved to re-write from scratch. Here's hoping this actually makes it more interesting. I haven't decided yet.

dub
05-16-2007, 02:43 AM
About 2000 words on an old project I dug up after a suggestion here on the boards. :)

Siddow
05-16-2007, 03:34 AM
A whole chapter!

I couldn't be more pleased.

Sassee
05-16-2007, 04:11 AM
700 words! Woo!

<vanishes in a puff of smoke>

ccarver30
05-16-2007, 04:52 AM
My 3rd and 4th query letters. Slowly but surely, damn it! :)

Devil Ledbetter
05-16-2007, 08:15 AM
1,014 words for a new scene.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-16-2007, 08:44 AM
15 pages on the WIP, finishing Chapter 8.

Now, though, my typewriter is busted and I can't fix it. I went to Goodwill and found another typewriter, and it doesn't work either. So I borrowed my girlfriend's typewriter and I'm using it for the time being.

But soon I'm going to have to break down and get myself a brand-new machine. I cannot keep buying nickel-and-dime junk that I'm not even sure will do its job.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm pretty upset right now.

But if I can eventually get my new typewriter fixed, I'll have a nice conversation piece (It's a three-bank Underwood portable that looks like it was built more than 100 years ago. I'm surprised it's even all there, whether it works or not).

dub
05-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Typewriter, hmmm, I know another writer who composes on a typewriter, I thought he was a bit...well, anyway, I see my assumption was wrong. Best of luck finding the typewriter that works.

This morning...a couple of emails, a number of posts, and one short technical article.

Shadow_Ferret
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Absolutely nothing.

For several weeks now.

*sigh*

Norman D Gutter
05-16-2007, 04:02 PM
- a letter to my son-in-law, who has a big decision to make
- an e-mail to the big bosses about an opportunity to be an expert witness
- many pages in a construction specification
- draft of a letter to an editor who has had my poetry book mss over six months with no response. Will send it today or tomorrow if I don't chicken out.
- a page in my journal
- zilch on creative stuff--again--though I did some research for a possible op-ed piece and for some adult Sunday School lessons I'm writing.

seun
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Sod all so far although I'm still at work. Last night, I spent two hours trying to come up with a decent synopsis. I turned the computer off, went downstairs and picked up a pen and some paper. An hour later, I had four pages of scribbled notes that will hopefully turn into a decent synopsis tonight.

danseur90
05-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I posted an entry at my blog, which says,

"I'm nervous.

Enough said."

Sean D. Schaffer
05-17-2007, 07:15 AM
14 more pages of my WIP First Draft. Chapter 9 be done for the time being.

BTW, I finally got another typewriter. I'm pretty happy about it, as it was free.

Our building has a freebie table in the lobby, and someone left an Olympia manual portable typewriter thereunder. As I once owned this machine, I knew it would work pretty well. The keys are a little hard to push down, even for a manual typewriter, but I'm getting used to it as I continue to use it.

So I'm back on my feet where my WIP is concerned.

I wish you all the very best with your writing endeavors, and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week.

ATP
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I wrote an amazing one word today. And it wasn't a real word as much as it was a placeholder for what I know comes next.

So to everyone that got a lot more accomplished today, major congrats. :)

Don't feel so badly - there's a famous quotation concerning Oscar Wilde and something along the lines of him working hard all day having to decide where to place a comma. Or something like this.

The Lady
05-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Today? Editing, editing, editing, editing, editing, editing, editing, editing. OK it wasn't so bad. It got me back on track and I'm more confident about where I'm going, but, yeah, a lot of editing. :)

dub
05-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Probably a thousand words of transitions on a WIP.

janetbellinger
05-18-2007, 05:13 AM
A total rewrite of my novels' beginning plus am deleting about 90 percent of the novel's present content. I know - bummer but I have no choice since I've deleted one of the main characters.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-18-2007, 05:24 AM
15 more pages. Chapter 10 is finished, and I'm working on Chapter 11 now.

I might do some more work tonight; I'm not certain of it. I'd like to finish my short Chapter 11 tonight if possible.

janetbellinger
05-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Hey Sean, you're the same colour as me. It ain't easy being green, is it?

Sean D. Schaffer
05-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Hey Sean, you're the same colour as me. It ain't easy being green, is it?

Not really.

:D

I hope you have a good rest-of-the-week, Janet.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Okay, I just finished Chapter 11 of my WIP, bringing me to a total of 20 pages finished today.

So far the WIP is 152 pages long, whereas the corresponding place in the outline was Page 100. That gives me, so far, 38,000 words via the 250 method completed on the manuscript. Chapter-wise, I'm a little under a third of the way done.

This does not mean, however, that this is the way things are page-wise. In that respect I'm probably right around two-fifths of the way finished.

In any case, I'm quite happy the work is coming along so well. I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

seun
05-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Still working on my synopsis. :Shrug:

Legionsynch
05-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I hit 45K words last night, and did a little dance of joy. My original goal was 50 thousand, and I'm going to surpass that by the end of the month. I'm pretty ecstatic.

ccarver30
05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I wrote some more in my WIP and 2 more queries last night. :)

swvaughn
05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
#$%&*!#*!! ad copy. Interview notes. Forum posts. Really carefully worded e-mails so as not to confuse certain easily confused people.

Is it dark yet?! No... #$%&*!#*!!, I say!

ccarver30
05-18-2007, 08:59 PM
"Forum posts"!??! That doesn't count, swvaughn!!!!!
I wrote a few hundred words in my WIP today. :)

swvaughn
05-18-2007, 09:02 PM
"Forum posts"!??! That doesn't count, swvaughn!!!!!
I wrote a few hundred words in my WIP today. :)

Why not? *sniffle* They're words... :D

A few hundred is good. I need to do that. Have to placate my *&^%$*#!! clients first, though... *sigh*

The Lady
05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
I lost about two thousand words through editing:cry: but they were really bad and kinda unsalvagable so actually :hooray: Anyway, they served their purpose as I now know what happened and can tell it in a much less unwieldy format.
Also added another 700 words of pure gold :D

ccarver30
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I lost about two thousand words through editing:cry: but they were really bad and kinda unsalvagable so actually :hooray: Anyway, they served their purpose as I now know what happened and can tell it in a much less unwieldy format.
Also added another 700 words of pure gold :D

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/moontower07/banana.gif

Jack Nog
05-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, I went out to my car at lunch with my laptop and put in 2100 words on my WIP. Yeah me. This did wonders for my concentration. I've written in the office before, but it stinks because I'm always wondering who's watching me :). Out in the car...it's just me and the writing.

Now a rant...I'm revising. I've not revised in some time, but I need to resubmit some things, and I've put off a 7000 word thriller for about 3 months. The thought of going through it produces a feeling akin to falling into a rose bush when I was four. I've decided I just don't like revising. I have a hard enough time as it is writing sometimes, but when I do, the ebb and flow just feel like pure genius.

Unfortunately, as we all know, it's never genius. Thus, revision...Good Lord but I hate having to get out the red pen.
[/rant]

Claudia Gray
05-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Nothing, today. I worked about 14 hours yesterday, which means today I'm as limp as a dishrag. The prose will have to start up again tomorrow.

janetbellinger
05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Revisions

MidnightMuse
05-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Reached chapter 5, realized what wasn't working out, threw it away. Started again. Today I'm two pages into chapter 2 :)

Dave.C.Robinson
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I got about 380 words done on the WIP before the kids got home from school today. Not a ton but something.

I also managed to get finished revising Chapter 5 on another novel day before yesterday.

zahra
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Did about a page and a half on the screenplay I've recently done CPR on. Then had to go to rotten old work. But I stopped in the flow, so it'll be easy to get back to tomorrow.

The Lady
05-19-2007, 03:35 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/moontower07/banana.gif

I know. I am the banana. ;)

stormie
05-19-2007, 04:13 AM
Reworked part of an old ms. And found I like it!

scarletpeaches
05-19-2007, 04:34 AM
I haven't worked out my exact word count for today yet, but I've done over 7k in three days!!!

Someone put speed on my cornflakes this morning! :D

Sean D. Schaffer
05-19-2007, 07:12 AM
13 pages done today, finishing up Chapter 12. My total word-count for the week is 27,000, using the 250 method.

I don't think I've ever written that much in a week.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about the accomplishment.

:hooray:

seun
05-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I have finished the first draft of my synopsis :)
Now I'm going back to a story I finished a few weeks ago. It's got potential if I can just get it away from total crap at the moment.

lfraser
05-20-2007, 12:04 PM
In true Master of Procrastination form, I have only now decided to start my writing for the day.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-21-2007, 04:13 AM
I wrote Chapter 13 today. At 12 pages in length, it brings my total page count to 177 so far.

I'm almost to the halfway point with my corresponding outline. At this rate, I may very well end up with a 400 page First Draft, or using the 250 method, a 100,000 word piece.

At least this is a possibility, although I'm not counting chickens just yet.

Pat~
05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
The only thing I wrote today was a cover letter to accompany 3 poem submissions.

I need some inspiration...

janetbellinger
05-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I didn't do any writing at all today except for in my journal. I was busy reading for a freelance editing assignment I have accepted and also preparing food for the writing retreat I am attending tomorrow.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi again,

I wrote another 6 pages on the WIP tonight, bringing my total for today up to 18 pages altogether.

At present, the page number I ended on is 183.

And I'm done for the night. I can barely keep my eyes open, so I'm in no condition to be writing at the moment.

I hope to talk to you all in the morning, and happy writing!

alisarish
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
It is indeed marvellous to see that most of you write so regularly and so passionately. I have written a book which is now being copyedited by Kristen King. Today, I just extended the list of ideas for my next book. I will choose the one that appears to be the best and then will start the writing process.

lfraser
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I finally got moving again and wrote two pages in the past hour, which is pretty fast writing for me. And the odd thing is, I like what I've written.

I'm beginning to think that I write best when I'm going full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes.

I have to admit, though, that for the past month I have written almost nothing. My new job sucks the energy our of me, and after I get home and make dinner and iron my clthes for the next day, there seems to be nothing left in the creative well. It's no suprise that it took a long weekend to get me back into it.

truelyana
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
A poem! Now, that is a shocker considering, I have not flowed in months.

Devil Ledbetter
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Yesterday - 1,500-word scene roughed out to fix a plotting problem.

dub
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Wrote a bunch of transitions, and a new chapter for The Professor's Chronicles. I also wrote about ten posts on discussion boards.

Jack Nog
05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Wrote an entry in my journal, wrote a tech presentation for work.

Then, lo and behold, I wrote "The End".

No not just the words, but the ending for my WIP. It came to me on the way to work, so I had to write it. It is about 1500 words, and will probably change. The other part of the WIP is around 24k with some scraps in other places bringing it to around 30K. I've got many more things I want to include however.

MajorDrums
05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Banged out a bunch of shite (well, okay, only 4 pages). I'm just glad I got something down on paper; I'm easily stagnated.

MidnightMuse
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
There's still hope for me - but so far today nothin' ! A request for a partial on a story I'd completely given up all hope on has my head spinning - gotta get back on track.

But Friday was good - got tons of notes jotted down - that counts for something, right :D

stormie
05-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Revised a synopsis.

Siddow
05-22-2007, 12:34 AM
No writing (it's my day off...for housekeeping, dang it!), but I did send a shortie out on submission.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-22-2007, 05:14 AM
I just finished writing the end of Chapter 14, and ran through Chapter 15. I wrote 13 pages total today, ending up on Page 196.

I'm almost to the 50,000 word mark on the WIP, and I just passed the half-way point on the outline, page-wise.

I'm pretty happy right at the moment.

Dave.C.Robinson
05-22-2007, 05:21 AM
So far, one 77 word paragraph in my WIP. Also a half-dozen notes on the characters background.

Bo Sullivan
05-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Murder in the Dark - Barbara O'Sullivan - opening lines. I keep skipping back and forth through the story (1692) London, England:

Mrs Vanwicke who resided at Buckingham Court, near Charing Cross, looked across the Parlour at her two children who were sitting at the table waiting for their meal, and yet all she had to feed them on was bread and water. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying and she paced the room, raising her hand to her face intermittently and then running her fingers through her hair in despair of her situation. She placed the bread before them, giving them a plate each, containing one slice per child, and poured out the water into little cups. All the children could do was stare down at it. Her boy of ten was the first to complain and he cried, “I am so hungry mother and this will not fill me.” Her daughter of 8 was the next to speak and she said, “Why bread and water? Why not slices of delicious meat and some potatoes?” And then they both looked at each other and then back at her in a pitiful manner, after which her son poked at the bread and cried “This bread is stale mother.”
“Just eat the bread and think yourselves lucky that we have that at least” said Mrs Vanwicke in an agitated voice as she moved about the kitchen trying to keep herself busy. The worry on her otherwise beautiful face was evidence that she was finding life a strain at the moment but she had tried to hide it from the children until now.
Gone were the fine meals they all enjoyed when her husband was alive, and he had died a year ago. Gone were the splendid clothes she used to dress the children in, because they had grown out of them long ago and she had no money to replace them. All she could think about was where the next meal was coming from to feed the children. They had all been living on the legacy of 500 that Mr Cornelius Vaninanker, a merchant had left her, but after buying the house they now lived in, there had been little left to live on. Mr Rowe the Trustee had taken a fine cut of the money in fees, leaving her still less to make ends meet.

NEGO
05-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Two pieces for my school's newspaper: an article that analyzes Nas's "Illmatic" album for the forthcoming issue's hip hop themed entertainment section and an editorial.

janetbellinger
05-22-2007, 08:01 AM
I just wrote in my journal and wrote a poem. I was at a writing retreat all day with my writing group and got some valuable suggestions for improving my novel.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I wrote another five pages this evening, bringing my total page count to 201. I finally broke the 50,000 word mark! Cool!

lfraser
05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
I wrote about 2,000 words -- better than I've done for weeks. My enthusiasm has come back. Even better, I've hit the 100 page mark and am just about to begin Part Two, which is completely uncharted territory other than a vague idea of what happens next. All hell breaks loose, that much I know. Should be fun.

Of course, Part One is still comprises several scenes that aren't yet joined up into a cohesive narrative, but I'm determined to keep moving forward.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Yesterday, I wrote another ten pages on my First Draft. They were a tough ten pages for me, because the chapter had mostly dialogue within it.

But I finally got it taken care of, and hopefully I won't have too much more of this dialogue-ridden work to have to deal with.

Word count yesterday: 2,500.

Jack Nog
05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Yesterday I wrote a 900 word scene for my WIP that had been gnawing at me.
Later, I went back to where I'd left off the day before and popped in another 1200 words.

Got the revision bug for a 6300 word short I wrote about three months ago. So far I'm halfway through and I've already cut to 4900 words.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-23-2007, 09:42 PM
So far today, I've written five pages of the WIP, and I'm in the middle of the sixth page of my 10 page quota. Right now, though, there is so much dialogue within the work that I am about ready to scream because of the frustration. I cannot stand writing nothing but talk. I know it's part of the story and has to be written, but man! I am just so frustrated right now. I hope Chapter 19 isn't so talkative and instead is more action-filled.

Dave.C.Robinson
05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
So far Word tells me I've written 916 words on my WIP, as well as doing some brainstorming notes of things that are going on behind the scenes.

stormie
05-23-2007, 10:47 PM
A letter to Social Security. That's always fun. :Headbang:

MidnightMuse
05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
My to-do list for the long weekend :)

Sean D. Schaffer
05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Total of seven pages today. I had to scrap them all and I'll be starting over on the chapter tomorrow. And I had to lower my quota of pages per day. I'm going from 10 a day to 5 a day, so as not to completely tear myself to pieces working too hard on my WIP.

Stew21
05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
1500 words. and if it wasn't for working I'd keep going.

dub
05-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I didn't total my word count cause I pasted some work from a side file, but the total manuscript is about 1900 words right now (Chapter 4) - all today's work. I'll work on it tomorrow and my guess is that it will top out in the 3K range.

Jack Nog
05-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Woot. 2000 for lunch. Didn't think I had it in me, but once I sat down, out the words came.

Some days are better than others.

pconsidine
05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
85 emails
3 billing information summaries
1 project summary
and 2000 words on mergers and acquisitions in mid-level grocery distribution.

And a suicide note.

scarletpeaches
05-24-2007, 02:15 AM
2,300 words on my WIP, although I'll probably do a bit more after I've taken care of the dishes and watched a TV show about writers.

I want to get up to 13k tonight so I only have 2k to do tomorrow. I have hardly any free time on a Thursday until later on in the evening and I'll be knackered by then as I'm out most of the day.

Lori demands 15k off me by Friday or she spills the beans. :D

janetbellinger
05-24-2007, 02:19 AM
I did some work on t he rewrite of one of my novels, substantially changing it.

jhtatroe
05-24-2007, 02:32 AM
I managed about 150 words on my novel rewrite before the new Sudden Fiction challenge was posted and I got distracted writing about ninja pirates and zombies.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Well, I feel kinda dumb. I finished my chapter today when I said I wasn't going to be writing for the rest of the day.

But the truth is, when I stopped today I was in the middle of a page. So I finished my chapter, which is 8 pages long altogether.

I don't know how much I finished in my previous posts today, but 2,000 words in a day is pretty good.

So my WIP page count so far is 219 and my word count is 54,750 using the 250 method.

And that's where I am right now with my stuff. I don't know if I'm going to write any more today or not, but I've done a goodly amount already so I'm pretty happy about that, considering what all I went through today.

DragonHeart
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Unfortunately, nothing today. I haven't had a day off from work in a week and my brain is teetering on shutdown mode.

~DragonHeart~

Beyondian
05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
A few e-mails and finished a crit of a friend's first chapter. A detailed crit, I might add. In blue.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Yet another 7 pages tonight. After that bad dialogue chapter, I find Chapter 19 to be quite refreshing. I'm almost done with Chapter 19, but I will probably finish it tomorrow if I can.

WIP page count so far: 226. WIP word count so far: 56,500.

Jack Nog
05-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Passed the 30k mark. So far I've gotten in about 600 words. Tough scene to write and I struggled for hours.

Stew21
05-25-2007, 12:26 AM
about 500. Not as much as yesterday, but I'm still working on it.

MidnightMuse
05-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes ! Finally got through a phone conversation I was struggling with - even though it was pretty short, it contained one important plot issue. Now I'm movin' along nicely once again.

Spiny Norman
05-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Eh, only 1150, but I had a really busy day. On the other hand, I did have the explicit joy about a girl walking in the cold wearing nothing but a blanket and a frown.

Sean D. Schaffer
05-25-2007, 02:35 AM
3,000 words. Chapters 19 and 20 are done.

So far, I'm on page 238 and therefore I'm at 59,500 words.

dub
05-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Wrote a really terrible page for my WIP - it's going to the trash in a few.