Bio within query letter or on a seperate page?

M.A.Gardener

Registered
Reaction score
I have a couple of sentences in my query letter that tell that I'm in a writer's group, was awarded a scholarship to a large writer's conference, read for contests and why I'm especially qualified to have written this novel. Should I leave it in? or does this go on a seperate page?

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
I put it in the last paragraph in my query letter. When I was asked for a full I wrote a separate paragraph on a separate piece of paper along with a cover letter.

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
Yes but not super detailed. Just basically where I was born, college attended, jobs done, interesting facts etc. Only about a paragraph. I think I must have done it right because my publisher is using it with only a couple minor alterations.

sarahcypher

Editor, writer, moving target
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarahcypher.com
Last paragraph in the letter for sure -- you may consider leaving out the bit about your writer's group. They're a dime a dozen, some good, some not, and it's assumed you will have gotten as much feedback on the MS as possible before submitting. Mention the group only if it's led by somebody the agent or editor will recognize.