• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

fairly established SF writer looking to write Romance novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
Hello:

Every since Romantic Times reviewed one of my SF novels, I wanted to branch out some and write a true romantic SF novel. I figure my odds are much better if I teamed with an established romantic novelist.

Anybody out there who might be interesting in a collaboration?

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty much a newbie (never published) but I have written a lot of fantasy romance/adventures. I just never submitted them until the last few weeks. I'd be glad to help however I could.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Romance

johnzakour said:
Hello:

Every since Romantic Times reviewed one of my SF novels, I wanted to branch out some and write a true romantic SF novel. I figure my odds are much better if I teamed with an established romantic novelist.

Anybody out there who might be interesting in a collaboration?

I've written two romance novel, one with a partner, and one on my one. I think you may be better off going solo. Besides, It' pretty difficult to find an established romance writer who has any reason to collaborate. Most already have contracts and deadlines, and can write and sell novels without a partner.

But assuming you actually read a lot of romance novels, your skills should be more than enough to do the job. The romance genre is the easiest one there is to crack. If you don't read romance novels, of course, not even an established romance writer is going to be of any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.