Another possibly strange question...

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello again, everyone.

I have another question, which concerns Judaism and a belief referred to as Noahism.

A Jewish friend of mine told me about how to become a 'Righteous Gentile', or a Noachite. I have decided, after much heavy deliberation, to follow this path because of my Gentile heritage.

I have seen Judaism and Noahism, in some cases, mentioned almost as though they were part of the same religion. That is where my question comes in.

Is Noahism a form of Judaism? Or am I reading the websites wrong?

I thank you all in advance for your kindness and for your help concerning this matter.

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
Judaism is sort of a funny religion. Where as in Christianity you need to be a christian to "Go to Heaven" Judaism believes there is a place for Jews and Non-Jews alike.

A Jew has 613 commandments to work on and improve themselves with.
A non-Jew has 7 commandments to work on and improve themselves with.

Even in the Jewish people there are different roles to be played. A woman has certain commandments that do not apply to a man and vice versa. As well a Cohen(priest) has a different role from non-Cohens.

Judaism doesn't look at it as we're all equal therefore we all do the same thing. But more that we are all equal but different and therefore have different roles to play.

So no, Noachites are not Jews. But they accept the laws of the Torah and play their individual role in creation.

:Hug2:10000

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Smiley,

Thank you very much for your help in showing me the difference between the Noachide faith and the Jewish one. I am glad to know that the G-d that the Noachites serve and worship is the same G-d that the Jews worship. I am also glad to know that, though our two religions are different, the end thereof seems to me to be the same.

For me, having been raised a Fundamental Baptist Christian, it is difficult to comprehend what you have said. Nevertheless, I have an open mind and heart about a lot of things now, that at one time my mind and heart were closed to. It will most likely take me my entire life to understand even a tenth of everything I was meant to understand, but I most certainly am enjoying the process. I find that I have a joy in my heart that I have never had before. I used to have some form of euphoria when in some churches, but this feeling is so much more real to me, and it does not seem to be going away like my euphoria used to.

So if I understand correctly, I as a Gentile have a different purpose in life than a Jew does, and this is reflected in the commands that G-d has given to my people. Yet, I serve and love and worship the same G-d. This is all so amazing to me, and refreshing to me as a human being. I look forward to learning more about my G-d, and about my purpose in life.

I wish you the very best that life can give you. Thank you again.

:Hug2: