William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
a mid-western centrist, even with close ties to the DLC, really doesn't have much of a chance of raising enough cash.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Warner was a stone-cold lock. I'm still not sure he won't run.

I really wanted an all Va. matchup--Warner vs. Allen. But Allen's bumbling pissed that away. It made me very angry. Then it made me sad. Now, I'm a little angry, again.

(I feel like a chick)​

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
you're so vulnerable today, rob.

warner un-announced so early that, i agree with you, it might not be out of the question that he's playing wait-and-see or hoping for a movement to draft him.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Dennis Kucinich has already announced. That's smart. He wants to be able to be knocked out of the race early.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
That so many potential candidates with at least some attractive qualities are saying No, thanks, isn't a good sign. It's a recognition that the next has become so fouled they'll be happy to wait another cycle for somebody else to mop it up.

caw

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
blacbird said:
That so many potential candidates with at least some attractive qualities are saying No, thanks, isn't a good sign. It's a recognition that the next has become so fouled they'll be happy to wait another cycle for somebody else to mop it up.
Nah. It's because of the lows the Clintons will stoop to. And the spectre of Gore.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Dennis Kucinich has already announced. That's smart. He wants to be able to be knocked out of the race early.

He'd get my vote!

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
something about barrack obama doesn't sit well with me. it's like he's perfect because of things outside of his actions. he's perfect because he's multicultural. he's perfect because he doesn't have a huge voting history. he's perfect because he's so darn goofy when he smiles.

he shouldn't be perfect because of the color of his skin, but because of the content of his heart.

hillary clinton tried -- ten years ago -- to DO SOMETHING about the looming healthcare crisis in this country. so she's an ambitious new yorker, and wants the office. so what? i'm more comfortable putting someone in that big chair that knows what it's like and wants to do the job bad. between her and her husband, she'll step in with lots of relationships with the diplomatic corps. not a bad thing, at all.

Gore, too, is a great candidate with lots of promise, talent, prestige, and good experience doing good things. also, he's an author. not a ghost-written author of a autobiographical marketing ploy, but an author of a farseeing science warning bell.

but, the real question to many of us is who will win the peace in Iraq? regardless of the voting history through the quagmire of bad and worse intel from the current administration, who can cut through that crap and make some good changes?

the answer: greglondon. Greg London, I hope to see you run for democratic presidential nomination.

I propose a ticket of Greg London for President, and Susan Sarandon for VP.

Also, on the republican side, isn't Angelina Jolie almost old enough to run? She'd make it cool to be a republican again.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
The early obsession with this one really baffles me. Yes, there's no incumbent of any kind, but it's not even January. The new guys haven't even taken office yet. Just lets you know this one will be even more of a "horse race" in media coverage than the last one. Who said what to who? Who is mean this week? Who had a Mexican nanny? But right now it seems like, indeed, whomever it is will be really in charge of cleaning up the vast messes of the current administration, so maybe Blacbird is right, they're all getting out of the way because it's a thankless job. We could ask Gerald Ford.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Angelina Jolie is a Republican?

That doesn't sound right.

I know Britney Spears is. And, yes, that sounds right.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Bird of Prey said:
Democrats take control of US Congress

Democrats took control of the US Congress for the first time in 12 years, promising ambitious reform and tough new oversight of Republican President George W. Bush's policy in Iraq.

Some of the thunder from the Democrats' triumphant opening of the 110th Congress, however, was stolen by a series of news leaks about sweeping personnel changes to Bush's foreign policy, intelligence and military teams. . . .

Linked to the upcoming Iraq policy announcement was a barrage Thursday of Bush team changes, according to US officials and media.

Bush was to announce Friday he was nominating US spy chief John Negroponte to be Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's deputy, and retired vice admiral Michael McConnell to replace Negroponte.

The current US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, would be named top US diplomat to the United Nations.

On the military front, nominations for a new commander in Iraq and new leaders for the US Central Command were planned. . . . .

Meanwhile, Democrats appeared ready to use their newfound clout on an ambitious domestic agenda, with legislation planned in the first 100 hours to expand stem cell research, end subsidies for big oil companies and raise the minimum wage, among other issues.http://sg.news.yahoo.com/070104/1/45rsr.html

Well, 'bout says it all. Let's see if the Dems can control the lunacy as the Reps tout throwing more bodies at Iraq.

Rumsfeld is history, the top two generals in charge of Iraq are on their way out the door, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs is almost certainly soon to follow, and Bush wants accolades for doing these things, all moves his critics have been urging for the past couple of years or more. Oh, and, yeah, Dubya now claims the right to open anyone's mail anytime he wants.

caw

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bird of Prey said:
What if we kept everybody else and just got rid of him? Would it help?

That would work. But they never let us use the best option.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Sen Chris Dodd (D - Conn) announces bid for presidency.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Dennis Kucinich thought he was signing up for candidacy for president of Match.com. With Dr. Phil as his running mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.