Whoo Hoo for those Chicks! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was happy to see the Dixie Chicks may be in line for the prestigious honor, Album of the Year. I am passionate about preserving the Chick's freedom, as well as seeing them move on to bigger and better.
I am still furious that my local radio stations still continue to band them, But you can't keep me from buying their CD's...I just unplugged your stations and slapped in my CD...I banned you!
I think Natalie said it best when she came to my town...walked on stage to a sell out crowd...quiet in the house as her big eyes grew wide...she was really nervous...It was tense...She looked around and simply said..."...and they said you wouldn't come..."
Like Clear Channel could keep that from happening! You took the long way Chicks...Glad you're home!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
I think Natalie said it best when she came to my town...
She's the chubby one, right?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MattW said:
She's the chubby one, right?

Sorry, but I've never been able to identify people by their weight or size...Natalie is the lead singer...sassy mouth one!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
My motto: shut up and sing. Laura Ingraham stole it from me.

The witch.

Kinda like "shut up and write?" uh...nope

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Mornin' Kimmi!

I heard a great interview with the group on NPR's Fresh Air. I'll try finding it for you in their archives. Sassy mouth is right. I loved it, and I'm not a huge fan of the group. I don't think I even own one of their CDs--though I did support them by buying one for my sister-in-law. That must count for something.

Good for your town.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
With the recent turn back towards sanity that the country is undergoing, I wonder if the anti-Chicks crowd are feeling really stupid now.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
I'm good with that, too. Why do you think I wouldn't be?

oh Rob, I don't know, I guess I'm not fond of anyone telling someone to shut up and do anything...

morn Alia, thanks kiddo

Wow did I just write that sentence, I need some more caffeine...ummm or maybe a li'' less

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
kimmi 57 said:
oh Rob, I don't know, I guess I'm not fond of anyone telling someone to shut up and do anything...
Well, I meant it in the nicest way...

I'm not fond of people who love cheap shots. Dissent is fine. But bring something to the table.

But I think the banning stuff is just as dumb. Actually, worse than dumb. So I'm cool if they win. Until Maines accepts the award, I bet...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
Well, I meant it in the nicest way...

I'm not fond of people who love cheap shots. Dissent is fine. But bring something to the table.

But I think the banning stuff is just as dumb. Actually, worse than dumb. So I'm cool if they win. Until Maines accepts the award, I bet...

Er, Rob, kinda like the ol' grade school thingy when the other kid stands up and says, "just kidding?" for defense.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimmi 57 said:
Er, Rob, kinda like the ol' grade school thingy when the other kid stands up and says, "just kidding?" for defense.
No, I wasn't kidding. I'd rather people stick to what they know. But it's my choice to feel that way. And it's someone else's choice to play the fool.

I get that you're a fan. I'm a fan of Barbara Streisand. Really. But I think she's an @ss.

On the flip side, there's Bono. I don't always agree with him. But he knows what he's talking about...

"Music can change the world because it can change people."

Shut-up and sing.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
No, I wasn't kidding. I'd rather people stick to what they know. But it's my choice to feel that way. And it's someone else's choice to play the fool.

I get that you're a fan. I'm a fan of Barbara Streisand. Really. But I think she's an @ss.

On the flip side, there's Bono. I don't always agree with him. But he knows what he's talking about...

"Music can change the world because it can change people."

Shut-up and sing.
Thank you for sharing your feelings Rob. You certainly are entiltled. As were the Chicks.
Yes a fan and a champion of these girls. It's been a long time coming...so now its, Praise The Lord and Pass the Ammunition...
They did their time out, made their babies, and grew in the process. Just made them stronger.

Barbara?
Bono..dunno... but my teens a fan!

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
There's flapping your gums just for the hell of it. Actually, because you've got the stage, per se. And then there's taking a stand and following it through with an action. If I were to draw a direct comparison between the Chicks and Bono, the Chicks do the former and Bono does the latter.

I have tremendous respect for Bono; he's a true ambassador and utilizes his celebrity with class and dignity.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:
There's flapping your gums just for the hell of it. Actually, because you've got the stage, per se. And then there's taking a stand and following it through with an action. If I were to draw a direct comparison between the Chicks and Bono, the Chicks do the former and Bono does the latter.

I have tremendous respect for Bono; he's a true ambassador and utilizes his celebrity with class and dignity.

I wonder if you would have the same position if Maines had said "We are so proud that Bush is from Texas".

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
natalie maines makes gandhi, MLK and jesus christ look like the three stooges.

she should have a national holiday named after her and anyone speaking out against her should be flogged.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:

thank you Jean-Marie, hope all is well with you.

I feel a big difference was due to lack of maturity, or naive on Natalies part...I truely believed she just said what many others felt. I admire her spirit...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
natalie maines makes gandhi, MLK and jesus christ look like the three stooges.

she should have a national holiday named after her and anyone speaking out against her should be flogged.

Yep, in agreement Haskins, but not about Jesus, and as I warned earlier, Im quite passionate about the treatment of these Chicks.
Still mad as **ll.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Jean Marie said:

Yes.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
kimmi 57 said:
Yep, in agreement Haskins, but not about Jesus, and as I warned earlier, Im quite passionate about the treatment of these Chicks.
Still mad as **ll.

yes, they're so persecuted.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tourdeforce said:
If everyone is shutting up, then who gets to speak on any topic?
robeiae said:
:rolleyes:

'Course, I don't think feelings trump all else. And I'm an e-litist snob.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bird of Prey said:
I think if they eliminated "Dixie" from their name, they'd enjoy unprecedented national exaltation and all the fawning they could endure without becoming dripping wet in spit.

Thats it? ....well, slap my knee and smack my Grandpa....so simple, wonder why they didn't figure that one out?

Status
Not open for further replies.