Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Shifty

Press Any Key
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.users.tpg.com.au
I know that members can give rep points to each other. However, I have just come across my UserCP page that tells me about the rep points that others have given me - thanks everyone.

And now I have a question.

Is there some way of knowing when a rep point is awarded for a particular post? Of do we have to go looking up UserCP to check? All I find is a link to the thread, but not necessarily to the post itself.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
When you click on the thread link you're taken to the message in the thread that the rep point was given from.

What you might not know about rep points:

500 points gets you a hot date with a "rep point girl" (you'll receive a list of volunteers, with naked pics). Or if you prefer, with a "rep point boy" (there's only one guy available... you may guess who).

1,000 points gets you a new BMW -or- a two-week trip to Hawaii (unless you live in Hawaii, in which case you get a two-week tour of a German car factory).

5,000 points gets you a mansionhouse in Bel Air -or- a lifetime subscription to the Cute Fluffy Animals Channel.

But if you accumulate any negative rep points along the way, all prizes are null and void.

Good luck!

-Derek

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
dpaterso said:
500 points...Or if you prefer, with a "rep point boy" (there's only one guy available... you may guess who).

I think I'll start shamelessly begging for rep points. I could use a date! :D

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
dpaterso said:
500 points gets you a hot date with a "rep point girl" (you'll receive a list of volunteers, with naked pics).

Bartholomew cracks his whip over the toiling AWers.

More reps! Faster!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tell me about Rep Points

Sorry to rip off Forrest Gump, but rep points are like boxes of chocolate. You never know which ones you'll get.

:D

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rep points --- the secret messages of AW

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Perks said:
Derek lies. The date was not hot. All 'rep point boy' did all night was check his text messages.
Not so, I checked the rep point logbook, the entry for that night says and I quote: This woman was just too hot for me deal with! Hot? She was sizzling! I trembled so much the dinner table shook constantly. I couldn't speak, I was too busy falling into her eyes, they're so deep and knowing. I tried to secretly txt friends to ask what I should say, but I think she noticed. I prayed she would lean over and whisper in my ear, "Would you like me to seduce you?" But then I would probably have fainted. The night was a total washout thanks to me. I left a message on her answering machine but she hasn't called back. I can't eat. I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about her.

Just 7 little words could have made that night something special. All you had to do was whisper them.

-Derek

Doctor Shifty

Press Any Key
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.users.tpg.com.au
The Doctor's Rep Point giveaway!

Unique said:
Rep points --- the secret messages of AW

And that is why I was asking. When I found the points page I saw the comments. But neither points nor comments seem to be visible, or checkable, on the posts themselves.

And for every post on this thread so far I have given a point. If you posted twice that's two points. And had you voted more, lots lots more, you would have won that BMW.

Doctor Shifty

Press Any Key
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.users.tpg.com.au
Hey Fingers,

if you hit the CP link you should find the rep point list under the subscribed threads list. I just threw you a point so you've got something to check.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Rep point girl, I'm ashamed to say, was Wanda. God. I should never have opened my front door to see who it was. She's terrifying. She makes me post with five related sentences, no idiom, two three syllable words and no ellipses. I'm going to die.

copeck

Registered
Reaction score
Ok... Ehm... *clears throat...* Pardon me for reviving this thread.
icon10.gif

Can we give more than one rep point at a time to posts we find to be absolutely hilarious or creative?
icon14.gif

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Ok... Ehm... *clears throat...* Pardon me for reviving this thread.
icon10.gif

Can we give more than one rep point at a time to posts

we find to be absolutely hilarious or creative?
icon14.gif

*blushes*

No, but I appreciate the sentiment. :D

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
You can always rep multiple posts for the same user, though. I did that one time, leaving only a part of my comment with each rep. It was hilarious, at least from my end. :D (I should say I repped about twenty of that user's posts in one day...)

rhgibson

Registered
Reaction score
Does someone have to be at a certain level in terms of number of posts in order to be able to give someone else a rep point? I'm new on the board and I have over 50 posts which seems to be a level where things change (I can have a custom avatar, etc.). But while I see that I have the little thingy on my posts for people to be able to rep me, there isn't that little thingy on anyone else's posts so that I can rep them. Will that just magically appear some day?

Status
Not open for further replies.