shameful lovechild of fiction & non-fiction writer union!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
[Now, that was a catchy title, wasn't it, huh??]

Now that you're here, I might as well confess. I am involved - but not the perpetrator! I am but the Perpetual Overseer, the Wizened Uncle of this terribly wanton couple's er...coupling.

Its whispered name is...bookkeeping. How we all simply love to gossip about this, yes?? No! - this should be whispered.

....On a more serious note, others have mentioned losing precious life time (!) with a perceived addiction to the internet and its electrical impulses.

AW takes most of my spare time. I admit it.

Yet, when I finally have time to get around to doing my bookkeeping,which has been incomplete these past months, I balk, procrastinate, and further talk about it by writing about it here, and procrastinate further rather than doing it! (Dear William Shakespeare, you were soooo right, if only you knew).

I wish to confess that I simply loathe the tediousness of receipt sorting, and data entry. And then the rechecking of the data from my excel file. All up, essential P & L data. An activity that, yes, novelists and straight journalists can do - and even together! But it can be dangerous in doing this.

I will get it done - or some of it, or maybe even most of - by this weekend. Such an activity just has to be the worst part of being an independent operator. Show me any such person who likes doing this (except accountants, of course) and I am sure that that person is a bald-faced confabulator.

[sound of heavy exhalation]. I will psyche myself to doing this...just after I go out to my favourite local bakery for a cappachino and cake!!

Thanks.
[hope you're having a good weekend...]

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Wow. You are clearly making a LOT more money from your writing than I am! Well done. Um, enjoy the bookkeeping. If that's even possible...

And, yeah, that was a GREAT title. :D

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to be quite content doing things data-entry. Let the mind drift. Ideas tend to surface that way.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You have my sympathies, ATP. Balancing a checkbook is icky enough. Bookkeeping for other endeavors is akin to toruture.

Maybe some jazzy stickers in a separate column for a job well done....i.e. done early. You can use the :tongue for those times you procrastinate. Good luck. Numbers make my brain hurt.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Och, I wouldn't worry, ATP. My accounts books are probably as much fiction as the ones I write.

'Close enough.' is my motto when it comes to figures.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.