The Neocons who were for the war but are against the war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Richard Perle:

"I think if I had been delphic, and had seen where we are today, and people had said, 'Should we go into Iraq?,' I think now I probably would have said, 'No, let's consider other strategies for dealing with the thing that concerns us most, which is Saddam supplying weapons of mass destruction to terrorists.'

See more here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2006/12/neocons200612

Too little. Too late.

Just remember this BS when the nuts and the flip floppers start parroting up Iran as the big new bad.

Reaction score
Bird of Prey said:
Those who want peace will prevail.

While enslaved people around the world live in hell.

:Shrug:

Oh well.

Keep drinking your lattes, and listening to your IPods while others suffer, "peace lovers."

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

Oh well.

Keep drinking your lattes, and listening to your IPods while others suffer, "peace lovers."

Dear Senator Salazar,

I would like to request that you push President Bush to immediately withdraw from Iraq and invade:

Sudan
Chile
Chad
Nigeria
Russian Federation
Israel
Ireland
Tunisia
Viet Nam
Albania
Iran
China
Syria
Lebanon
Zimbabwe
Uganda
Mexico
Philippines
Sierra Leone
Turkey
Nepal
Democratic Republic of Congo
Myanmar
Nigeria
Colombia
Greece
Rwanda
Equatorial Guinea
Indonesia
etc.

And that's just today. I will gladly enlist to help out.
Yours,

Billy Thrilly

greglondon

Planet Wookie techno geek
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
Website
www.greglondon.com
billythrilly7th said:

Meanwhile, more Iraqi civilians have been killed in three years of American occupation than in the last decade of Saddam's rule when the US stopped backing him.

Keep drinking your koolaid and reading propaganda, "neocon".

Reaction score
Joe Unidos said:
And that's just today. I will gladly enlist to help out.
Yours,

Billy Thrilly

Essentially, you got that right. Many of your countries are ridiculous and I certainly don't think we should leave Iraq, but yes.

Any country where people are enslaved that can be invaded without starting a nuclear winter should be invaded by the world community as a whole.

But since the world community is made up of many countries envolved in the enslaving, it's still not a viable option. We'll have to go one at a time as we have been.

We're getting there.

Thank god for the United States.

Statue-of-Liberty-3.jpg

Gotta go.

Good day, Joe.

Last edited:

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Any country where people are enslaved that can be invaded without starting a nuclear winter should be invaded by the world community as a whole.

Sure, because people who invade always have good intentions, or use good methods, or, um, my god, this statement is so bonkers I don't know where to start. Maybe if I have a latte, I'll understand better.

Reaction score
That's too bad.

A few bad lattes and maybe millions of people could have been freed and/or saved.

Sorry to see you aren't willing to make the sacrifice.

Oh well.

Reaction score
ColoradoGuy said:
And I suppose we get to decide who's "enslaved" and who's not?

Real simple.

Are you allowed to freely leave and return to your country and leave again and live anywhere on the planet?

Yes?

Congrats, you are not enslaved.

No?

Sorry, you are enslaved, and hopefully we'll soon be there to help you.

I say we start with Cuba and work outwards in concentric circles.

greglondon

VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greglondon.com
BoP, sorry, lemme try again.

billythrilly7th said:
Are you allowed to freely leave and return to your country and leave again and live anywhere on the planet?

No? Sorry, you are enslaved, and hopefully we'll soon be there to help you.

I say we start with Cuba and work outwards in concentric circles.

Billy, I agree with your idea that we should help free enslaved people. It is a fine a noble concept. Especially when done in such a way that it does not cause more harm than the original enslavement.

Now, given your definition of enslavement, I would point out that Palestine is currently being enslaved by the Israeli construction of its "Wall". And I therefore recommend that you personally enlist in the war for Palestinian freedom, and work outwards from there in concentric hypocritical circles.

Better?

Reaction score
greglondon said:
So, Palestinians are enslaved by the Wall put in place by Israel.

No they aren't. Let me know when Israel puts a unpenetrable bubble over Gaza and the West Bank and then we'll talk.

But in the interest of being perfectly clear....

Will your own government let you leave if you want?

Yes? Free.
No? Slave.

Thank you.

greglondon

VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greglondon.com
billythrilly7th said:
No they aren't. Let me know when Israel puts a unpenetrable bubble over Gaza and the West Bank and then we'll talk.

An impenatrable bubble? Hm. Haven't seen one of those since, oh, some cheesy fifty's science fiction movie. Invade a lot of countries wrapped in impenatrable bubbles do you Billy?

greglondon

VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greglondon.com
billythrilly7th said:
Will your own government let you leave if you want?

You do realize that there is no official palestinian state, per se. Gaza and the West Bank are occupied territories, occupied by Israel. That whole "lack of palestinian statehood" thing has sort of been a thorn in the side fo the peace process for some time.

I'm sure you were aware of that.

So, since Israel is currently the occupying force for these lands, yeah, I think teh Palestinians are enslaved, according to your definition.

Reaction score
greglondon said:
You do realize that there is no official palestinian state, per se. Gaza and the West Bank are occupied territories, occupied by Israel. That whole "lack of palestinian statehood" thing has sort of been a thorn in the side fo the peace process for some time.

I'm sure you were aware of that.

So, since Israel is currently the occupying force for these lands, yeah, I think teh Palestinians are enslaved, according to your definition.

Occupying force no = government.

This is a war.

Regardless, Palestinians have had fair elections and they are allowed to apply for Visas and are allowed to leave the country.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1161811251277

Palestinians are leaving the territories due to the harsh security and economic situation there, the Palestinian Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

Israel Radio reported that thousands of Palestinians have received permits to emigrate to Arab and other foreign countries.

Ahmed Suboh, a Palestinian Foreign Ministry official, said at a Ramallah press conference that over the last four months, foreign and Arab diplomats in the territories have authorized 10,000 Palestinians to enter their countries.

Suboh said that some 45,000 additional emigration requests were currently being evaluated by various foreign representatives.

They get approved, they leave.= Not enslaved.

Cuba, North Korea = no visas, no leaving except by escape. Enslaved.

Thank you.

Reaction score
greglondon said:
A testament to the scientific method, billy, fudge your rules to fit your data, and fudge your data to fit your rules.

Whatever that means and however you feel like applying it to my post....

Thank you.

Enjoy your ability to leave Palestine, Palestinians.

The Cubans and North Koreans should be so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.