Any Labrador retriever stories/service labs

SHBueche

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
Hi All--I have just been made the "In Their Debt," for Just Labs magazine. I have written for the column in the past on the subjects of: Psychiatric Service Dogs, READ therapy dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs and traditional working dog titles. If anyone at the forum has a great lead/story idea, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks!

SHBueche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
Thanks Anne! I already have several article ideas in mind, labs as you know are the most popular breed in America.

BlueBadger

Knows notebooks can kill.
Registered
Reaction score
I've written for Just Labs! I wrote "Time for a Trim" for the October / September edition, and I just pitched another idea. ;)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a pair of rescued Labs myself. What about Labs who are rescue dogs themselves? I used to know some people from CESAR (Children's Emergency Search And Rescue). You might check out the CESAR people.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I could've written "Marley and Me." I'd be in the Bahamas now, away from all this freakin' snow.

BlueBadger

Knows notebooks can kill.
Registered
Reaction score
Same. That was a great book.

At the very least, Just Labs bought my latest dog story. It's a step! Even if the cheque will go to ramen and kraft dinner instead of rum and cokes on the beach!

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
Gosh, can't remember the name of this place, but they place rescue dogs with vets from the Iraq war--there was a piece on it in the Chicago Tribune recently--a guy with an amputation had a labbie....

Some 17 year old kid around here is working to raise money for the cause....

Hope that helps!

SHBueche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
Cate, that sounds perfect. I'll try to find out what I can about that group. In the meantime, just read that Jenna had her baby--congratulations!

Tika

Old kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thistlewoodpubllishing.com
Here's a good story for you. Our neighbors at the lake have 2 labe. One blonde one named Koda and an old black one named Gus. They are both great dogs.

My little grand daughter who was probably four at the time stood in the middle of the yard watching Gus walk toward her. He sniffed her and wagged his tail. He was such a friendly guy. After about 30 seconds, he lifted his leg, peed on her and walked away as if nothing was wrong.

YUK!

Tika