PDA

View Full Version : Mike Nifong: Evil D.A.

billythrilly7th
12-15-2006, 04:49 AM
This guy is just the worst.

http://www.wral.com/apsportsnews/10527673/detail.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- DNA testing in the Duke lacrosse rape case found genetic material from several males in the accuser's body and her underwear _ but none from any team member, defense attorneys said in court papers Wednesday.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12132006/news/nationalnews/congressman__probe_duke_da_nationalnews_.htm

December 13, 2006 -- DURHAM, N.C. - A congressman asked the Department of Justice yesterday to investigate whether the district attorney prosecuting three Duke lacrosse players charged with rape has violated the athletes' civil rights.

In a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Rep. Walter Jones also asked the Justice Department to review Durham County DA Mike Nifong's actions for prosecutorial misconduct.

"Many of my constituents and a growing number of mainstream media outlets have raised serious questions about the accuser's allegations and Mr. Nifong's prosecution," wrote Jones (R-N.C.).

Yes. This guy is out of control.

In all my years on the bench I have never seen a D.A. so maliciously supress evidence, ignore common sense SUCH AS VIDEO EVIDENCE OF AN ACCUSED not at the party, engage in illegal methods of I.D.'ing the accused, such as not using pictures of people not at the party in the first place and ignore people like the other stripper who has completely blown this case out of the water.

These guys are innocent and if by some random act of complete improbability, not innocent, still completely unconvictable, if that's a word.

And yet, these three guys are still indicted and still have their lives on hold.

All so Mike Nifong could be re-elected.

Well, you were, sir.

So, it's time to finally do the right thing and dismiss these worthless charges. If you have no case, you don't proceed. It's D.A.'ing 101.

What say you?

billythrilly7th
12-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Thank you.

It's past the point of ridiculousness.

Where's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Where's my Bob Dylan song?

The Dukicanes!!

I know in the end they'll be fine, but this Nifong is evil.

Essentially this is what is happening.

Everyone knew he was doing it to get re-elected.

And he was, but the timeline isn't right for him yet to dismiss. He needs a month or two more to get some safe distance from the election before he'll dismiss.

What a hump this guy is.

I tried to e-mail him to tell him.

Couldn't find e-mail.

William Haskins
12-15-2006, 07:55 AM
accuser had a baby today, nine months after the alleged assault, following a pregnancy kept secret.

http://www.wral.com/news/10541437/detail.html

tourdeforce
12-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Billy, this is your WE ARE MARSHALL.

You must write this as an inspirational story about perserverance, truth and justice for every binge drinking, projectile puking, gangbanging, date raping frat boy athlete in America!

This could be your Oscar script or at the very least, an Espy (if they have a best sports screenplay category).

Whenever you feel yourself losing faith with this one, just picture James Caan and Billy Dee Williams running side by side in BRIAN'S SONG. You're Caan and we're Williams backing you up, right there by side all the way.

WE ARE DUKE!

dclary
12-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Jessie's worried about the DNA found in the undies.

Al's worried about an ill-spent check and a crappy campaign slogan starting with Nife. . . . .

I thought it was more simply that the defendants are white, which means no opportunity for racial extortionists like Jackson to make money.

Jcomp
12-15-2006, 09:06 PM
This thing is still going on? Goodness. I thought those kids had already been exonerated by now.

dclary
12-15-2006, 10:37 PM
they have, jcomp. By everyone except the county DA who made this case his reelection campaign focal point.

billythrilly7th
12-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Billy, this is your WE ARE MARSHALL.

You must write this as an inspirational story about perserverance, truth and justice for every binge drinking, projectile puking, gangbanging, date raping frat boy athlete in America!

This could be your Oscar script or at the very least, an Espy (if they have a best sports screenplay category).

Whenever you feel yourself losing faith with this one, just picture James Caan and Billy Dee Williams running side by side in BRIAN'S SONG. You're Caan and we're Williams backing you up, right there by side all the way.

WE ARE DUKE!

:ROFL:

I love it.

I need it to play out though.

Because I learned in "Write a Screenplay in 21 days" that you can't start until you know your ending.

Although I forget if that applies to non-fiction.

Hmmm.

Anyway...thanks, tour.

You'll get a special thanks in the credits.

TheGaffer
12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
I tried to e-mail him to tell him.

I don't know why, but that's the best line in this whole thing.

Susan Gable
12-16-2006, 12:43 AM
accuser had a baby today, nine months after the alleged assault, following a pregnancy kept secret.

http://www.wral.com/news/10541437/detail.html

I just read another report that said she DIDN'T have the baby yet, but she's pregnant -- but that she got pregnant at least two weeks after the alleged incident.

:Shrug:

Susan G.

Becky Writes
12-16-2006, 06:54 AM
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion. BUT, this Nifong fellow is so off base. This rape accusation was probably the best thing that could have happened to his re-election campaign, but enough is enough. There are holes in his case big enough to drive trucks through.

Let it go, man.

For the record, I *believe* Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpeton did make their way down this way, but went on back to wherever they come from when they saw there would be no monetary gain in this for them.

tourdeforce
12-16-2006, 07:01 AM
There are holes in his case big enough to drive trucks through.

Alright, the accuser clearly has issues and her claims are seemingly a sham but there is no reason to refer to her in such a derogatory fashion.

tourdeforce
12-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Rape charges dropped!

the accuser told a prosecution investigator on Thursday that she now does not know if she was penetrated during the alleged attack.

But kidnapping and sexual offense charges stand!

WTF?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/22/D8M62DCG0.html

When this whole thing finally cracks wide open with a confession from the accuser, she should face the maximum jail term any of these guys were facing.

NeuroFizz
12-23-2006, 12:50 AM
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion.

What does this mean...you dislike (with a mad passion) Duke University, most of its faculty, staff, and students? On what basis?

MattW
12-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Rape charges dropped!

WTF?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/22/D8M62DCG0.html

When this whole thing finally cracks wide open with a confession from the accuser, she should face the maximum jail term any of these guys were facing.The prosecutor should face charges too.

estateconnection
12-23-2006, 01:03 AM

WTF?

Dropping the rape charges basically does nothing for these poor guys. The sexual assault and kidnapping charges carry almost the same jail time as the rape charge. Nifong is still basically saying she was raped--or assulted, even though DNA was nil, just not vaginally. This is horrid.

GPatten
12-23-2006, 01:38 AM
The district attorney, Mike Nifong, actions must be costing Durham County a fortune. It will also take some years out of the life span of those boys.

What will the district attorney do to the stripper when itís all over? Will she go get off free for the travesty?

billythrilly7th
12-23-2006, 01:42 AM
It'll take a lot of bachelor parties, but she should be ordered to pay the legal costs of the boys.

Or maybe Nifong should.

Someone should.

Nifong should be in jail.

Amazing that only six days after the story broke that they withheld evidence on the DNA, that "Oh, I'm not sure if it was a penis or not" would happen and then they would drop the rape charges.

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE

estateconnection
12-23-2006, 03:09 AM
The thing I don't understand, well there is a lot I don't understand about this case, but one is why if he dropped the rape charge, he didn't just drop all charges. I don't know if he's going on "Assult with a foreign object" theory or what he thinks he has. If he just said, "She doesn't remember," it would be done--for now. But, he is still perpetuating this fiasco by keeping the other charges on board. Perhaps he needs time to formulate his defense for the "You're screwed Nifong and we're going to sue NC" charge that will be coming from the defendants when this is finally all said and done?

Jean Marie
12-23-2006, 03:18 AM
they have, jcomp. By everyone except the county DA who made this case his reelection campaign focal point.
Wrong. Any player that was associated w/ that particular team, regardless of whether or not they were even at the damn party, has had their professional lives ruined prior to being launched.

I know of one individual (through a friend whose son plays lacrosse for another school in the same division) who was supposed to be hired by a brokerage firm in Manhattan, last summer. He graduated Duke and was not at the party. He was with this person's son and family at a local restaurant at the time of the party. But by the mere fact that he was on the Duke Lacrosse starting roster, he lost his spot.

Thanks to bastard Nifong and his personal crusade.

Jean Marie
12-23-2006, 03:23 AM
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion.
Woof!

I'll be sure and mention that to my cousins who did their undergrad studies there...one of whom is just finishing up her PhD at Columbia, when I see 'em at Christmas :) She's only a couple sentences short on her thesis--she'll be thrilled to hear your opinion, though ;)

estateconnection
12-23-2006, 03:26 AM
You're right Jean Marie, this is a travesty! One of the news programs brought up Richard Jewel's name referring to the fact that even though he was acquitted, everyone knows who he is. When these guys are eventually acquitted, everyone, regardless of the guy's vindication, will associate them with the word rape. How horrible.

Jean Marie
12-23-2006, 03:41 AM
You're right Jean Marie, this is a travesty! One of the news programs brought up Richard Jewel's name referring to the fact that even though he was acquitted, everyone knows who he is. When these guys are eventually acquitted, everyone, regardless of the guy's vindication, will associate them with the word rape. How horrible.
It's sad, 'cause team sports are supposed to be something to be proud of. And they're listed on your resume upon graduation. Anyone who was on that lacrosse squad, forget it. They're toast if they mention it, to anybody. That's a shame.

My nephew is a Stanford grad and is very proud of having played water polo. Okay, they won the NCAA 3 times, but still to have to leave that off his resume, would be horrible.

That does not excuse what happened, if something did happen. Therein lies the question. The charges, at this point, are sketchy, at best. And, they're beginning to sound false. How Nifong was able to ruin lives and withold evidence at the same time is beyond me.

I'm the first person who believes in severe punishment when it comes to rape. But do not trump up charges. Ever. Because when the charges are real, do you realize how much more difficult it makes it for women to come forward? That's what makes Nifong such a bastard, he's done such a huge disservice at these kids' expense.

I hope Nifong goes to prison for what he's done as well as the girl for bringing false charges.

SC Harrison
12-23-2006, 04:03 AM
So...whatever happened to the girl's fingernail that had one of the defendents' DNA under it? That had me virtually convinced she had at least been assaulted, like it broke off during a struggle or something.

robeiae
12-23-2006, 04:11 AM
It turned out it was a press-on nail that belonged to one of the guys. Don't ask.

estateconnection
12-23-2006, 04:16 AM
I'm the first person who believes in severe punishment when it comes to rape. But do not trump up charges. Ever. Because when the charges are real, do you realize how much more difficult it makes it for women to come forward? That's what makes Nifong such a bastard, he's done such a huge disservice at these kids' expense.

Agreed again. That is the other side that makes this so outrageous. One of the perils some true victims of sexual assault face, and makes it difficult to come forward, is the fear of or reality of over or agressive interrogation. After this case is done, and winds up the way it appears it may, I would guess this case will be used as a benchmark in which over-interrogation could actually increase.

I remember hearing about the fingernail SC, but I don't know what ever happened with that.

Jamesaritchie
12-23-2006, 04:41 AM
I strongly suspect the Duke players are innocent of some of the charges, guilty of others, and I know an awful lot of people are making judgements based only on news accounts, and this is just stupid.

tourdeforce
12-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Are these 'sexual offenses' acts that would normally be services covered by the standard fee for a good party-type stripper?

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 02:01 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/11/duke.lacrosse/index.html

All charges have been dropped in the sexual assault case against three former Duke University lacrosse players, North Carolina's attorney general announced Wednesday.

"The result of our review and investigation shows clearly that there is insufficient evidence to proceed on any of the charges," North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper said. (Watch Cooper exonerate the players )

All charges against Reade Seligmann, David Evans and Collin Finnerty would be dismissed and "no more criminal proceedings will occur," Cooper said.

Cooper said inconsistencies in the accuser's accounts "were so significant and so contrary to the evidence" that investigators could not conclude that an attack occurred.

The accuser will not face any charges, Cooper added.

Players, attorneys react with joy, outrage
The exonerated players and their families were greeted by prolonged applause at a news conference later in the day. Many male and female Duke lacrosse players were present.

"All of the men of the Duke University men's lacrosse team have gone to hell and back, but I hope and all of us sincerely hope it was not in vain," Evans said.

The players and their attorneys lashed out at the media and acknowledged that many innocent people go to prison because they can't afford high-powered legal teams.

"This whole experience has opened my eyes to a world of injustice that I never knew existed," Seligmann said.

"A great disservice has been done to the sport of lacrosse in this whole thing. A lot of stereotypes, and they're just not true," Evans said. "... I hope these allegations don't come to define me."

Evans' attorney, Joe Cheshire, admonished the media not to judge suspects before the legal system does:

"Roy Cooper said a word today; the word is I-N-N-O-C-E-N-T. I wanted to make sure everybody got that."

State pursuing case against local district attorney

In January, Cooper's office took over the case from Michael Nifong, the Durham County district attorney who had been handling it. Nifong faces multiple ethics complaints from the state bar over his handling of the case.

Wednesday, defense sources told CNN the defense plans to pursue civil suits against Nifong.

The same sources said there were no plans to sue the accuser, who was described as "a troubled soul."

Cooper would not comment on possible civil suits, but said, "I think a lot of people owe a lot of apologies to other people. I think that those people ought to consider doing that."

Yeah, Mike.

Well, that was a nightmare for these boys.

Glad it's over.

Hope they sue for millions.

Well done, Mike.

Well done.

Moron.

tourdeforce
04-12-2007, 02:11 AM
I think anyone that falsely accusses anyone else of a crime should be sent to jail for the max that the accussed could have gotten under a worst case scenario.

blacbird
04-12-2007, 02:13 AM
It ain't just a matter of lawsuits. Nifong has been charged with misuse of his office and serious ethical violations. He's probably going to get disbarred. This guy, Trilz, you can truly describe as a "tool".

caw

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 02:14 AM
I think anyone that falsely accusses anyone else of a crime should be sent to jail for the max that the accussed could have gotten under a worst case scenario.

I think they're showing a little compassion by not going after the whack job stripper.

I commend them.

You condemn them for it.*

Thank you.

*P.S. I just wanted to sound really serious there for a second. How did it play?

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 02:15 AM
This guy, Trilz, you can truly describe as a "tool".

caw

Yes.

We can all agree on that.

wordmonkey
04-12-2007, 03:26 AM
What does this mean...you dislike (with a mad passion) Duke University, most of its faculty, staff, and students? On what basis?

Were I to venture a guess, I'd say this is due to being in the NCSU or UNC camp. Around these parts it's kinda rabid.

Unique
04-12-2007, 03:38 AM
He's probably going to get disbarred.

caw

I hope.

I'll be happy with nothing less for what he did. All of it. But with holding evidence put it over the top for me.

William Haskins
04-12-2007, 04:01 AM
white boys get away with it again.

no justice, no peace.

*this post brought to you in honor of tawana brawley.

Unique
04-12-2007, 04:54 AM
yeah, right.

Cav Guy
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
I hope.

I'll be happy with nothing less for what he did. All of it. But with holding evidence put it over the top for me.
No matter...I'm sure there's a segment of the Duke faculty that will be happy to give him a job. From what I've read, the conduct of many of them during this whole incident has been disgraceful.

tourdeforce
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Whoo-hoo!

Celebration!

Duke Lacrosse Team is going to celebrate with a party!

Anyone have the number of a good stripper?

Unique
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
No matter...I'm sure there's a segment of the Duke faculty that will be happy to give him a job. From what I've read, the conduct of many of them during this whole incident has been disgraceful.

You think so?

Duke is a university. Mike Nifong is/was the DA charged with enforcing and upholding the law - bit of a difference there, don't you think?

"The State Bar revised the ethics complaint it filed in December, adding that Nifong allegedly withheld exculpatory evidence (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1177453) from defense attorneys and lied about it."

Whatever happened or did not happen at Duke after the event has no bearing on what I said. I'm talking about Mike Nifong the DA and no one else. Would you like your DA to withhold evidence clearing you of a crime?

Do you think it's okay to manufacture or withhold evidence in anyone's trial? Don't you think that people who are charged with upholding the law should actually do so themselves?

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM

Yes.

This was great from last night O'Reilly.

O'REILLY: What would you do with the 88 Duke professors who signed this insane letter that didn't convict the kids but basically said, you know, they're scum? What would you do with them?
MILLER: Well, you can't do anything, can you, because they're tenured. Listen, if they can't do anything with a moron like Ward Churchill (javascript:siteSearch('Ward Churchill');), if that guy is still out there teaching and Colorado can't get rid of him, what are you going to do with these guys?
Listen, it's the last bastion of aging hippies. It's the one place where they can still feel, you know, like they're at a, you know, Weather Underground speech with a loudspeaker or something. It's sad.
But the simple fact is that is the place where most aging guys go who still have that leftist agenda, is college campuses.

:ROFL: at the bold.

tourdeforce
04-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Can't be sure if it is across the board but those professors get a lot of primo chicks.

I knew a few hot chicks in college who seemed to make it a habit of 'dating' their professors.

College professor seems like a pretty good job.

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
College professor seems like a pretty good job.

Tell me about it, yo.

Dream job.

tourdeforce
04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Two semesters a year of-

Professor Thrilly, after your office hours, I was thinking about going bikini shopping but I don't have anyone to tell me what looks good on me. What should I do?

billythrilly7th
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Two semesters a year of-

Professor Thrilly, after your office hours, I was thinking about going bikini shopping but I don't have anyone to tell me what looks good on me. What should I do?

I could go with you or you can take my credit card and go buy yourself 20 bikinis and then come on over my place at about nine and you can put on a little fashion show for me and we'll figure out which ones look the best.

How does that sound?

Cav Guy
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
You think so?

Duke is a university. Mike Nifong is/was the DA charged with enforcing and upholding the law - bit of a difference there, don't you think?

"The State Bar revised the ethics complaint it filed in December, adding that Nifong allegedly withheld exculpatory evidence (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1177453) from defense attorneys and lied about it."

Whatever happened or did not happen at Duke after the event has no bearing on what I said. I'm talking about Mike Nifong the DA and no one else. Would you like your DA to withhold evidence clearing you of a crime?

Do you think it's okay to manufacture or withhold evidence in anyone's trial? Don't you think that people who are charged with upholding the law should actually do so themselves?

I think you misunderstand. If you think for a moment that I approve of Nifong and his junk, you'd best think again. My implication is that given the rush to judgment on his part and that of some factions of the Duke faculty joined him in both that rush and that agenda they'd be a perfect match.

robeiae
04-12-2007, 11:35 PM
How does that sound?Like a certain Fox News personality, while he was an adjunct at a certain university in the eighties. Not that I was there and would know anything about it...

MattW
04-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Was the Imus mess blown up because Sharpton wanted something to overshadow his last failed attempt?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192277,00.html

But I think that all of the facts that you have laid out the DA had ó and I know this DA is probably not one that is crazy. He would not have proceeded if he did not feel that he could convict. ...You know, a lot of those community leaders down there, pro and con, wanted a lot of people to come in. I know for a fact asked Jesse Jackson to come