Mike Nifong: Evil D.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This guy is just the worst.

http://www.wral.com/apsportsnews/10527673/detail.html

RALEIGH, N.C. -- DNA testing in the Duke lacrosse rape case found genetic material from several males in the accuser's body and her underwear _ but none from any team member, defense attorneys said in court papers Wednesday.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12132006/news/nationalnews/congressman__probe_duke_da_nationalnews_.htm

December 13, 2006 -- DURHAM, N.C. - A congressman asked the Department of Justice yesterday to investigate whether the district attorney prosecuting three Duke lacrosse players charged with rape has violated the athletes' civil rights.

In a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Rep. Walter Jones also asked the Justice Department to review Durham County DA Mike Nifong's actions for prosecutorial misconduct.

"Many of my constituents and a growing number of mainstream media outlets have raised serious questions about the accuser's allegations and Mr. Nifong's prosecution," wrote Jones (R-N.C.).

Yes. This guy is out of control.

In all my years on the bench I have never seen a D.A. so maliciously supress evidence, ignore common sense SUCH AS VIDEO EVIDENCE OF AN ACCUSED not at the party, engage in illegal methods of I.D.'ing the accused, such as not using pictures of people not at the party in the first place and ignore people like the other stripper who has completely blown this case out of the water.

These guys are innocent and if by some random act of complete improbability, not innocent, still completely unconvictable, if that's a word.

And yet, these three guys are still indicted and still have their lives on hold.

All so Mike Nifong could be re-elected.

Well, you were, sir.

So, it's time to finally do the right thing and dismiss these worthless charges. If you have no case, you don't proceed. It's D.A.'ing 101.

What say you?

Reaction score
Thank you.

It's past the point of ridiculousness.

Where's Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Where's my Bob Dylan song?

The Dukicanes!!

I know in the end they'll be fine, but this Nifong is evil.

Essentially this is what is happening.

Everyone knew he was doing it to get re-elected.

And he was, but the timeline isn't right for him yet to dismiss. He needs a month or two more to get some safe distance from the election before he'll dismiss.

What a hump this guy is.

I tried to e-mail him to tell him.

Couldn't find e-mail.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Billy, this is your WE ARE MARSHALL.

You must write this as an inspirational story about perserverance, truth and justice for every binge drinking, projectile puking, gangbanging, date raping frat boy athlete in America!

This could be your Oscar script or at the very least, an Espy (if they have a best sports screenplay category).

Whenever you feel yourself losing faith with this one, just picture James Caan and Billy Dee Williams running side by side in BRIAN'S SONG. You're Caan and we're Williams backing you up, right there by side all the way.

WE ARE DUKE!

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Bird of Prey said:
Jessie's worried about the DNA found in the undies.

Al's worried about an ill-spent check and a crappy campaign slogan starting with Nife. . . . .

I thought it was more simply that the defendants are white, which means no opportunity for racial extortionists like Jackson to make money.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This thing is still going on? Goodness. I thought those kids had already been exonerated by now.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
they have, jcomp. By everyone except the county DA who made this case his reelection campaign focal point.

Reaction score
tourdeforce said:
Billy, this is your WE ARE MARSHALL.

You must write this as an inspirational story about perserverance, truth and justice for every binge drinking, projectile puking, gangbanging, date raping frat boy athlete in America!

This could be your Oscar script or at the very least, an Espy (if they have a best sports screenplay category).

Whenever you feel yourself losing faith with this one, just picture James Caan and Billy Dee Williams running side by side in BRIAN'S SONG. You're Caan and we're Williams backing you up, right there by side all the way.

WE ARE DUKE!

:ROFL:

I love it.

I need it to play out though.

Because I learned in "Write a Screenplay in 21 days" that you can't start until you know your ending.

Although I forget if that applies to non-fiction.

Hmmm.

Anyway...thanks, tour.

You'll get a special thanks in the credits.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
William Haskins said:
accuser had a baby today, nine months after the alleged assault, following a pregnancy kept secret.

http://www.wral.com/news/10541437/detail.html

I just read another report that said she DIDN'T have the baby yet, but she's pregnant -- but that she got pregnant at least two weeks after the alleged incident.

:Shrug:

Susan G.

Becky Writes

Go Tarheels!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccawrites.com
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion. BUT, this Nifong fellow is so off base. This rape accusation was probably the best thing that could have happened to his re-election campaign, but enough is enough. There are holes in his case big enough to drive trucks through.

Let it go, man.

For the record, I *believe* Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpeton did make their way down this way, but went on back to wherever they come from when they saw there would be no monetary gain in this for them.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Becky Writes said:
There are holes in his case big enough to drive trucks through.

Alright, the accuser clearly has issues and her claims are seemingly a sham but there is no reason to refer to her in such a derogatory fashion.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Rape charges dropped!

the accuser told a prosecution investigator on Thursday that she now does not know if she was penetrated during the alleged attack.

But kidnapping and sexual offense charges stand!

WTF?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/22/D8M62DCG0.html

When this whole thing finally cracks wide open with a confession from the accuser, she should face the maximum jail term any of these guys were facing.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Becky Writes said:
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion.

What does this mean...you dislike (with a mad passion) Duke University, most of its faculty, staff, and students? On what basis?

estateconnection

Registered
Reaction score
tourdeforce said:
But kidnapping and sexual offense charges stand!

WTF?

Dropping the rape charges basically does nothing for these poor guys. The sexual assault and kidnapping charges carry almost the same jail time as the rape charge. Nifong is still basically saying she was raped--or assulted, even though DNA was nil, just not vaginally. This is horrid.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
The district attorney, Mike Nifong, actions must be costing Durham County a fortune. It will also take some years out of the life span of those boys.

What will the district attorney do to the stripper when it’s all over? Will she go get off free for the travesty?

Reaction score
It'll take a lot of bachelor parties, but she should be ordered to pay the legal costs of the boys.

Or maybe Nifong should.

Someone should.

Nifong should be in jail.

Amazing that only six days after the story broke that they withheld evidence on the DNA, that "Oh, I'm not sure if it was a penis or not" would happen and then they would drop the rape charges.

UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE

estateconnection

Registered
Reaction score
The thing I don't understand, well there is a lot I don't understand about this case, but one is why if he dropped the rape charge, he didn't just drop all charges. I don't know if he's going on "Assult with a foreign object" theory or what he thinks he has. If he just said, "She doesn't remember," it would be done--for now. But, he is still perpetuating this fiasco by keeping the other charges on board. Perhaps he needs time to formulate his defense for the "You're screwed Nifong and we're going to sue NC" charge that will be coming from the defendants when this is finally all said and done?

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
dclary said:
they have, jcomp. By everyone except the county DA who made this case his reelection campaign focal point.
Wrong. Any player that was associated w/ that particular team, regardless of whether or not they were even at the damn party, has had their professional lives ruined prior to being launched.

I know of one individual (through a friend whose son plays lacrosse for another school in the same division) who was supposed to be hired by a brokerage firm in Manhattan, last summer. He graduated Duke and was not at the party. He was with this person's son and family at a local restaurant at the time of the party. But by the mere fact that he was on the Duke Lacrosse starting roster, he lost his spot.

Thanks to bastard Nifong and his personal crusade.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Becky Writes said:
First let me say that I dislike Duke and most people associated with it a mad passion.
Woof!

I'll be sure and mention that to my cousins who did their undergrad studies there...one of whom is just finishing up her PhD at Columbia, when I see 'em at Christmas :) She's only a couple sentences short on her thesis--she'll be thrilled to hear your opinion, though ;)

Last edited:

estateconnection

Registered
Reaction score
You're right Jean Marie, this is a travesty! One of the news programs brought up Richard Jewel's name referring to the fact that even though he was acquitted, everyone knows who he is. When these guys are eventually acquitted, everyone, regardless of the guy's vindication, will associate them with the word rape. How horrible.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
estateconnection said:
You're right Jean Marie, this is a travesty! One of the news programs brought up Richard Jewel's name referring to the fact that even though he was acquitted, everyone knows who he is. When these guys are eventually acquitted, everyone, regardless of the guy's vindication, will associate them with the word rape. How horrible.
It's sad, 'cause team sports are supposed to be something to be proud of. And they're listed on your resume upon graduation. Anyone who was on that lacrosse squad, forget it. They're toast if they mention it, to anybody. That's a shame.

My nephew is a Stanford grad and is very proud of having played water polo. Okay, they won the NCAA 3 times, but still to have to leave that off his resume, would be horrible.

That does not excuse what happened, if something did happen. Therein lies the question. The charges, at this point, are sketchy, at best. And, they're beginning to sound false. How Nifong was able to ruin lives and withold evidence at the same time is beyond me.

I'm the first person who believes in severe punishment when it comes to rape. But do not trump up charges. Ever. Because when the charges are real, do you realize how much more difficult it makes it for women to come forward? That's what makes Nifong such a bastard, he's done such a huge disservice at these kids' expense.

I hope Nifong goes to prison for what he's done as well as the girl for bringing false charges.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
So...whatever happened to the girl's fingernail that had one of the defendents' DNA under it? That had me virtually convinced she had at least been assaulted, like it broke off during a struggle or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.