Auction #16 NOT Guaranteed by Christmas, but Worth the Wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Here's a really special auction, ladies and gentlemen. We've got a lot of talented people on Absolute Write, obviously!, and WriterTerri's one of the most talented of all. I've purchased several of her offerings and they're beautiful.

Through the generosity of another Secret Donor (no, not the SAME one!), we're offering:

Wrap yourself in the warmth of personal comfort. This blanket is made of cotton or cotton blend squares on the top, made to your liking. Then a layer of Pellon for warmth and finally layered with a soft sheet of cozy flannel. Oh, so warm! 6'X45"

The starting bid for this one is $50... sounds like a lot, but remember: you get to pick the colors and this one will be made to order, just for YOU or for the loved one of your choice.

This auction starts NOW and runs through Sunday evening, 8PM, CDT. No incremental bids of less than $1.

If you've been waiting for something special, something that'll keep your feet warm or tell that special someone you care... this is it!

Let's bid!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
So.... is $50 too steep a starting bid? Is it too close to Christmas to be committing such a sum? I bet we can work something out for after the holidays!

Let's try for $40? Who'll gimme $40?

And I'm going to extend this auction 'cause ya'll will be kickin' yourselves for missing Terri's super blanket... new close for this one will be Wednesday evening, 8PM, CDT.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
We checked on shipping to Scotland and it's about $25. Are you willing to pay Terri the extra $25? :)

Absolument, mon bra.

(yes)

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
There's gotta be a joke in here somewhere about my bra... :D

Sorry, Jen. It's a misheard quote from a TV show that has entered the clockwork family vocab and slipped out in a rare lapse of diligence.

However, if you'd like me to comment on your bra, I'd be more than happy to. :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
LOL! Gotcha. We've got some of those 'family vocab' lines in our family, too. Some of them are so old, we don't remember where they came from until we hear them again from their original source. Then we're mostly shocked that that's where they came from in the first place.

As for commenting on my bra... wait'll I wear the pretty one. This one's way too utilitarian for comment. :D

Now, folks, we've $40 for Terri's wonderful blanket! Do I hear - or read! - $45?

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
LOL! Gotcha. We've got some of those 'family vocab' lines in our family, too. Some of them are so old, we don't remember where they came from until we hear them again from their original source. Then we're mostly shocked that that's where they came from in the first place.
The original line was (I think) "Mais oui, mon brave."

Meaning (I think) "But of course, my brave man."

How it mutated into "Absolutmont, mon bra," is unclear. But it's enjoyable to say to people when replying to something benign like, "Do you want a Sprite?" Because they either hear the bra part and find it odd or they just hear one long word, "absolutmontmonbra" and find that odd too.

I haven't had a Sprite in years.

Ahem.

Back to the auction.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Ooo... I've got $45 and a bidding war is heating up!

And even though I AM a fiction writer, I promise I'm not exagerating much on the number of my bras it would take to make a blanket. ;) Much.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Ooo... I've got $45 and a bidding war is heating up!

And even though I AM a fiction writer, I promise I'm not exagerating much on the number of my bras it would take to make a blanket. ;) Much.

Lucky.

I've got supply and surplus. :e2brows: :e2brows:

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Sorry Jen and Terri, fifty's my ceiling.

And should you win, I'd advise you to snuggle with the blanket quickly, Mr. Ben. For it shall be your last.

Mwahahahaaa!!!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Well, technically it's $85. (sorry, I'm a geek) But if I do bid more it means I won't have enough to enter the triple a screenwriting competition next week.

I tell you what, I'll bid on the screenwriting books in the other thread, how's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.