PDA

View Full Version : The line of text above the avatar pic

jamiehall
12-14-2006, 12:33 AM
This is a question about the line of text above the avatar picture, which can obviously be set to whatever you want.

I'm thinking of setting mine to something really silly, but before I tried that I wanted to know this: what happens if I think it was way too silly, become ashamed of it, and change it to something else?

Will the text retro-change on my older posts to whatever the text is currently, or will whatever I post under the silly label remain that way, with only newer posts reflecting the change?

alleycat
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
It's easy to change it back and forth, or reset it for your default title. It will reset the text retro to all your old posts.

Medievalist
12-17-2006, 10:18 AM
If you Edit and Save the Custom User Title all previous and future posts will display the new Custom User Title.

southernwriter
02-08-2016, 10:52 AM
I can't seem to change my custom user title. It has a "reset," but it doesn't work. AND when I try to save it, I get an error message telling me I've entered an invalid birth date.

AW Admin
02-08-2016, 08:35 PM
You've actually successfully changed your User Title; you simply need to refresh your browser's cache so that you can see that it now reads "Not Whistling Dixie."

There's a nifty FAQ: Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Avatars and User Titles (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?189978-FAQ-Everything-you-Always-Wanted-to-Know-About-Avatars-and-User-Titles) in this very forum.

southernwriter
02-09-2016, 12:43 AM
You've actually successfully changed your User Title; you simply need to refresh your browser's cache so that you can see that it now reads "Not Whistling Dixie."

There's a nifty FAQ: Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Avatars and User Titles (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?189978-FAQ-Everything-you-Always-Wanted-to-Know-About-Avatars-and-User-Titles) in this very forum.

Oh, no, NOT whistling was what it first said years ago. I'm now trying to make it say, "Born under a bad star."

southernwriter
02-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Oh, no, NOT whistling was what it first said years ago. I'm now trying to make it say, "Born under a bad star."

NOW wth? PLEASE, someone, anyone who knows - should I check the "reset" box or not? I can't begin to guess why it says what it says now! I'm really starting to get frustrated.

southernwriter
02-09-2016, 12:55 AM
NOW wth? PLEASE, someone, anyone who knows - should I check the "reset" box or not? I can't begin to guess why it says what it says now! I'm really starting to get frustrated.

FINALLY! THANKS for your help!