Pizza Hut Buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going there for lunch today. Right now, actually. ;)

*Hides head in shame*

All you dieters, please don't think any less of me. I just can't resist! :( I'm weak. I know.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Out West, it's Shakey's Bunch-a-Lunch. They even ran an ad campaign years ago with this challenge:

"Bankrupt a Shakey's for Lunch."

Pizza, fried chicken, Mojo (breaded and fried) potatoes, pasta. . .forget about staying awake after all that. :)

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis said:
Out West, it's Shakey's Bunch-a-Lunch. They even ran an ad campaign years ago with this challenge:

"Bankrupt a Shakey's for Lunch."

Pizza, fried chicken, Mojo (breaded and fried) potatoes, pasta. . .forget about staying awake after all that. :)

Shakeys all went out of business here...did we eat them to death?

It was the best pizza place ever and I STILL miss the dang pizza!

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I have two good pizza places within walking distance of my house. They have good Italian food: stromboli's, baked ziti, subs, calamari etc etc etc. On summer evenings the aroma of garlic is everywhere, and the smell of steaks cooking, things frying; it smells like a boardwalk on the Jersey shore.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
We have a bunch-a-lunch shakey's near my work.

Lclary doesn't like it, because Shakeys is (i think) the ONLY national chain that makes an authentic beer crust -- you can taste the beer in it, and she hates that.

But she loves her mojo chicken and potatoes, so it's all good.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
No Shakeys here, no Giordinos, not even a Godfathers anymore (Lord, I loved that pizza). Nothing but godawful Dominos, Pizza Butt, and Cici's ("now with even skimpier toppings of greasy crap!"). Cincinnati is the nether end of the universe for real manly pizza, lemme tell ya.

Reaction score
TrainofThought said:
It's a Chicago Pizza place. Very good!

It's the greatest pizza I have ever tasted in my life and after my trip to Chicago this summer, all pizza has been ruined for me.

I eat Pizza Hut now out of desperation while I dream of Giordanos, which is truly heaven on earth.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Gravity said:
No Shakeys here, no Giordinos, not even a Godfathers anymore (Lord, I loved that pizza). Nothing but godawful Dominos, Pizza Butt, and Cici's ("now with even skimpier toppings of greasy crap!"). Cincinnati is the nether end of the universe for real manly pizza, lemme tell ya.
Ah, cici's. What we call "feces Pizza" around these 'yere parts.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
The best pizza I've ever had was at a summer camp for disabled kids at which I used to be a counselor. Every Wednesday. Handmade everything, real real Wisconsin cheese, and perfect spices. I have no idea why the cook was working at a backwoods summer camp. If he opened a pizzaria, he'd be world famous in a year.

I can't do Pizza Hut, unless it's free. That cheese is awful!

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
BottomlessCup said:
I can't do Pizza Hut, unless it's free. That cheese is awful!

Quite a few years ago, when my bride and I were young and broke, Kroger's had made a stab at selling generic stuff. Anybody with a few years on 'em has seen their wares, boxes and bags and cans consisting of jet black lettering on stark white labels. CORN, it said. BLEACH. DIET COLA. And so on. The line included everything, including canned veggies, dog food, cat litter, cigarettes...and yes, mozzerella cheese product. That's what the label not-so-proudly proclaimed was inside that ziplock bag, in a stab at painful truth in advertising. Because the reality was, the stuff wasn't cheese. I'm not really sure what it was. Packing material, perhaps, or the adhesive NASA uses to glue tiles on the space shuttle. The melting point of said "mozzerella cheese product" was somewhere of that found around the core of the sun; inconvenient when one is running a pizzeria. The goop was completely, utterly, irredeemably inedible, by anyone, in living memory.

All that to say, I think Pizza Butt must have bought out the nation's entire supply of the material in 1975, and uses it on their abysmal pies to this day.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I'm okay with pizza hut, but not their buffet. The food is just not that good.

Hell, the buffet shield is high and far enough out that people have to duck under it to get to the food anyway. ICK.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hey, at least cici's lets you eat as much shit as you want for just $4.

Here in Saugus (and in the valley too) there's a restaurant called ChiChis, which has a wonderful meat sauce for their very americanized pasta (think Spaghetti factory)... Their pizza is generally awesome, VERY cheesy (i.e. extra greasy lol), and it's the most original (non chain) stuff we have where I live.

I miss Godfathers. That was great pizza. I miss Numero Uno. I could live on slaughterhouse 5's exclusively.

I don't miss thin, fat, greasy NYC pizza. Those goombahs don't know shit about pizza.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Best pizza I've ever had was made on base at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach at the Enlisted Men's Club. $5 for a large with everything on it, and a pitcher of beer was $3.

Of course that was in the early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.