Redbook. REJECTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Who's gotten a snail mail rejection from Redbook? I got one today, in which they actually included the title of my essay and said that even though it doesn't fit the editorial needs, it has great potential for success.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a form letter or not. Anyone else receive a rejection similar to this?

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
There is more than one form letter at any given agency/publisher.

There are the standard no thanks, not for us, then there are complimentary ones, then there are praise ones. Some companies have as much as five different form letters for rejection. If the one you recieved was a form, it was probably the best one they have and yes it is meant as it is said, they don't have time nor the desire to encourage bad writers.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I never liked that magazine anyway. (So, no, I've never submitted anything there. ;) )

Is it possible you could post a little bit of it for us, and we could see if Redbook and similar magazines should really be your target market for it?

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
Actually Freckles ist's a m ore positive rejection from the one I got from Redbook around 1994 when I was just told my story didn't fit current editorial needs or somthing similar.

v
Freckles said:
Who's gotten a snail mail rejection from Redbook? I got one today, in which they actually included the title of my essay and said that even though it doesn't fit the editorial needs, it has great potential for success.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a form letter or not. Anyone else receive a rejection similar to this?

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
piscesgirl80 said:
Eh, I never liked that magazine anyway. (So, no, I've never submitted anything there. ;) )

Is it possible you could post a little bit of it for us, and we could see if Redbook and similar magazines should really be your target market for it?

Good idea, PG...hop on over to SYW. I'll post it there.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
So have you decided what you're going to do with the piece now? Don't keep us in suspense!

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Redbook

Redbook receives more than 30,000 submissions in a slow year, so being rejected by them does not automatically mean something is bad, whether you receive a form or not.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds positive to me, Freckles. You keep at it and send it out to other places, and if you want, make any revisions you think are necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.