Bah Humbug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16150563/

Since I am from Washington, my first thought upon reading this story in the local paper was that it was just negative and promoted hate.

The airport simply removed the trees because they felt that they didnt have enough time to figure out who else they were going to offend.

The first article didnt mention the Rabbi's name, but I couldnt help but feel when I read it that it was just another reason for people to spread jew hate. Why does garbage like this make the news? And why is a man of religion threatening to sue the airport?

All of this just kinda makes me sick. And since when is a Christmas tree a representation of ANY faith? I always thought it was more a representation of the holidays? Its a German tradition isnt it?

ugh..at any rate..we could do without stories like these on the holidays for sure!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it's an adapted pagan tradition. Happy holidays!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Since the bible condemns folks who decorate trees, it's certainly not a christian tradition.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Since the bible condemns folks who decorate trees, it's certainly not a christian tradition.

LOL it does not

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What if there had been a Spotted Owl in the trees?

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Jeremiah 10:2-4 dude. Jesus hates Christmas Trees!

HATES THEM!

Haha well I dont have the bible with me here at work to check that but if memory serves, Christmas trees weren't even around then LOL

Now hush you trouble maker;)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
WackAMole said:
Haha well I dont have the bible with me here at work to check that but if memory serves, Christmas trees weren't even around then LOL

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
WackAMole said:

Of COURSE Christmas trees where around in Old Testament times. How else could Jeremiah WRITE about them!?!?

;)

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Thanks for posting that! Interesting! I thought I knew the bible pretty well..apparently not..

I take it back..you dont have to hush, but youre still a trouble maker :tongue

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I don't have to go looking for trouble. He has me on speed dial.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
I don't have to go looking for trouble. He has me on speed dial.

He?

I thought we dispelled all this gender confusion stuff...who says trouble is a he? :tongue

I have it on good authority that trouble is most certainly a "she"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hey GOOD L-double-O-K-I-N-G.
I smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E.

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2715008&page=1

The man behind their disappearance, Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, told a Seattle newspaper he's "appalled" that the airport officials removed the trees. His goal was not to clear out Christmas, but rather to add a celebration of Hanukah. He asked the port of Seattle, which runs the airport, to build an eight-foot menorah and hold a lighting ceremony.

"Everyone should have their spirit of the holiday," he told the Seattle Times. "For many people, the trees are the spirit of the holidays, and adding a menorah adds light to the season."

In 1989, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Christmas trees and menorahs were sufficiently secular that they could be displayed in a government building without constituting an endorsement of a particular religion

With all due respect, Rabbi, Hanukah is not a nationally recognized holiday, and since the Supreme Court ruled this to be okay, why on earth are you suing?

Just forget about it. They don't want to put up a menorah. So what? You have to sue? Come on...there are bigger freaking problems in the world then some airport not having a menorah or a barren pole or a Kwanzaa bush.

A Christmas tree and some happy holiday signs are enough.

If people want to put up other things BY CHOICE, that's great. If not, not. You want a menorah, make a request, without threats and hopefully this year or next year or sometime it will be granted. Have people write letters, whatever.

Patricia Davis, president of the Seattle Port Commission, called the tree-clearing "regrettable."

"We tried to come to some accommodation or some resolution and could not," she said. "They issued us several ultimatums and finally said they would sue is in federal court. … The time deadline was 10 a.m. Friday. … We were faced with the choice of spending unknown amounts of the public's money on litigation, or, in the next few days, trying to figure out how to accommodate all the cultures in our society."

I understand her frustration but her "okay...now we're taking down everything, how do you like that?!" attitude makes me thinks that maybe there was another way.

I would have put up the menorah or gone to court.

Way to IMO come to the wrong solution, Patricia.

"Ahhhh, I'm taking the trees down!"

Last edited:

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2715008&page=1

With all due respect, Rabbi, Hanukah is not a nationally recognized holiday, and since the Supreme Court ruled this to be okay, why on earth are you suing?

Just forget about it. They don't want to put up a menorah. So what? You have to sue? Come on...there are bigger freaking problems in the world then some airport not having a menorah or a barren pole or a Kwanzaa bush.

A Christmas tree and some happy holiday signs are enough.

If people want to put up other things BY CHOICE, that's great. If not, not.

I understand her frustration and but her "okay...now we're taking down everything, how do you like that?!" attitude makes me thinks that maybe there was another way.

I would have put up the menorah or gone to court.

Way to IMO come to the wrong solution, Patricia.

"Ahhhh, I'm taking the trees down!"

I gotta agree with you here on all points. In a way, the response to the problem almost seemed to instigate intentionally.

Reaction score
WackAMole said:
I gotta agree with you here on all points. In a way, the response to the problem almost seemed to instigate intentionally.

Yes, well said.

I think all parties are wrong in the way this was handled.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
What the hell's wrong with you people? Agreeing on shit? In TIO?

I'm disappointed in the both of you.

Now. You two better find something to disagree with before I get back, or there'll be trouble.

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
What the hell's wrong with you people? Agreeing on shit? In TIO?

I'm disappointed in the both of you.

Now. You two better find something to disagree with before I get back, or there'll be trouble.

:roll:

:Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.