PDA

View Full Version : If Céline Sang At Your Church/Synagogue/Etc

darryl
12-11-2006, 02:20 AM
If Céline visited your church at Christmas, what songs/hymns would you want her to sing?

I was hoping that if they end AND at the beginning of December, that they would have a few final shows that do just Christmas music.

They could do that instead of her having the early december break. I'm going to mention this to a few people. They could bring a choir and do things like the Nutcracker dances and such. Would make a great finish to the show.

:welcome:

TatiVale
12-11-2006, 04:04 AM
ahhhh Holy night :)

ashleylovescéline
12-11-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm totally with Tati on this one, "O Holy Night"... no one sings that song like Céline! :)

Marisa Louise
12-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Carol of the Bells!

I'd die. Simply.

Filine
12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Definately 'O Holy Night'

Fanny
12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Definately 'O Holy Night'
Same here

TatiVale
12-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I have to add Ave Maria too, I forgot heheh
Ave Maria and Oh Holy Night :)

darryl
12-12-2006, 05:32 PM
There are other songs of course. For some reason, when I don't notice it, I start whispering

Ba Da, Ba-Da-Da-Da-Da Da, Ba-Da-Da-Da-Da Da DA Da Da!

when I'm working or shopping, generally concentrating on something.

Draws strange looks from people.

:D

TatiVale
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Darryl, which song (s) would you like? heheh You didn't tell, yet. eheh

Marisa Louise
12-13-2006, 12:43 AM
LOL, Darryl....

(continues)

BAAA dat-da da, ba da dat da, Ba da da da da...da da DA da..... BAAA da dat-da, BA da dat-da, ba da da ba da da BAAA da dat da.....

Oh, and by the way I'd also love to hear her sing some of these songs:

"Carol of the Bells"--with a choir behind her. OMG faaabulolus! I think people would be blown away.

"Mashmallow World"

"Blue Christmas"--Could be a good stage song. You just get a bar stool, do some simple chorography. Black background, blue lighting, and a classic "A New Day Has Come" spotlight on her. Have the little black hat tipped down as she's singing in the beginning and when she gets a little more passionate the hat comes of.. maybe she does a little jazz-ish type moves, shows a little leg and tah-dah! You have a pretty cool performance and an awesome voice.

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day"--(Melt).

"I Met An Angel on Christmas Day"

"Jingle Bell Rock"--Would be a fun performance. :) Get people up dancin'.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" OMG I'd diiie to hear her sing that one with the jazzy bluesy tone. Esp. with a voice like, say, Michael Buble!!!!!

"Let It Snow"

"Walking In A Winter Wonderland"

"Les Cloches du Hammeau"

"Silver Bells"

"God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen"

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

"I'll Be Home for Christmas"

darryl
12-13-2006, 02:53 AM
LOL, Darryl....

(continues)

BAAA dat-da da, ba da dat da, Ba da da da da...da da DA da..... BAAA da dat-da, BA da dat-da, ba da da ba da da BAAA da dat da.....

Oh, and by the way I'd also love to hear her sing some of these songs:

"Carol of the Bells"--with a choir behind her. OMG faaabulolus! I think people would be blown away.

"Mashmallow World"

"Blue Christmas"--Could be a good stage song. You just get a bar stool, do some simple chorography. Black background, blue lighting, and a classic "A New Day Has Come" spotlight on her. Have the little black hat tipped down as she's singing in the beginning and when she gets a little more passionate the hat comes of.. maybe she does a little jazz-ish type moves, shows a little leg and tah-dah! You have a pretty cool performance and an awesome voice.

"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day"--(Melt).

"I Met An Angel on Christmas Day"

"Jingle Bell Rock"--Would be a fun performance. :) Get people up dancin'.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" OMG I'd diiie to hear her sing that one with the jazzy bluesy tone. Esp. with a voice like, say, Michael Buble!!!!!

"Let It Snow"

"Walking In A Winter Wonderland"

"Les Cloches du Hammeau"

"Silver Bells"

"God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen"

"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

"I'll Be Home for Christmas"

Pretty much the whole TAST CD, and a bit more!

:snoopy:

darryl
12-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Darryl, which song (s) would you like? heheh You didn't tell, yet. eheh

It's probably easier to list the ones I wouldn't care to hear. It's funny, but like 2 weeks ago I was already tired of hearing the radio playing christmas music constantly, so I just tuned to stations like all news. LOL.

However, I do find there are 2 singers that I still love to hear Christmas songs from, and won't change the station: Céline of course, and James Taylor.

As to my list Tativale, at the top would be:

O Holy Night [spoke a few years ago with a certain Celeb Author about how special this song on TAST is. I REALLY wanted to hear her sing this at Notre Dame Basillica, with their choir and pipe organ. I missed a chance years ago, and a friend that went told me all about it. God floated through the church that day.]

The Prayer [Andrea Bocelli is special enough alone, but with Céline it's just plain magic]

Of course, really all the songs, even the kiddy ones would be special with her voice and soul.

Christmas walks within Céline.
:Hug2:

TatiVale
12-13-2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah I totally agree with you Darryl, Xmas walks within Celine! :) I remember that my Xmas day on 98 when TAST was released... was really special. I made some relatives cry with my cards... heheh 'cause I kept listening those beautiful songs and I got so inspired. :)

Notre Dame in Montreal? Omg, that would be amazing!!!! :)

PS: C'mon ... hehe you don't need to call me 'TatiVale' lol :P