Long, Long Way

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Nice. The end is kind of ambiguous though. Can you tell I hover nearby this forum a lot?

moblues

Banned
Reaction score
I was going from memory. I'm missing a couple of verses. I'll look for my notebooks and flesh it out more. They are in boxes in my garage. Have you any idea how cold it has been in Chicago lately? ;)

I'll find it and give you the whole piece. I'll just have to put my mittens on.

Mike

Scarlett_156

asdf
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the other one you posted better. And yeah-- the end sort of takes it in another direction that's sort of surprising. Another verse at the end would probably fix that though.

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm... nice start indeed something is missing. looking forward to seeing the rest!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I SWEAR I have heard that on the radio... or at least the long way from Memphis part...

moblues

Banned
Reaction score
WildScribe said:
I SWEAR I have heard that on the radio... or at least the long way from Memphis part...

Well, if you heard this on the radio, I better contact my attorney. I don't listen to the radio much anymore--especially country music. Mostly sports or news while I'm driving. This is over ten years old.

Mike

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
It's just that line. It sounds familiar. Maybe I'm thinking of Whalin's "a long way from home"... (which is way older than ten years) ;)