• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dogma Publications

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
anyone heard of these people?
I would very much like to know anything about them. I recently discovered an ad stating that they were looking for new poets to publish in their anthologies and compilations. I havent submitted yet because I'm a little weary. so any info would be much appreciated.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is the website:

Dogma Publications

...which looks like it redirects to an AOL members page. I'm not sure if that's significant in any way, shape, or form, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

They also offer a printing service (POD and litho). That sounded a little weird to me, but as I'm not a poet, I'm not sure if it's standard to put out their own anthos and be a publisher (for 299 pounds - yikes!).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

~Nancy

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
kborsden said:
I recently discovered an ad stating that they were looking for new poets to publish in their anthologies and compilations. I havent submitted yet because I'm a little weary. so any info would be much appreciated.
Two warning signs: they have an ad (reputable publisher don't advertise for submissions) and they're looking for new poets (people who are looking for new writers are usually doing so because they tend to be easier to fool).

Based on its website, it's possibly not a vanity anthology, but it's not very well-stocked in the clue department.

- Victoria

bimkat11

Hi there, just a word of warning about Dogma Publications who are advertising as being based at Bicester Innovation centre. They left the premises in Sept 2006 and have vanished. The innovation centre are telling people to contact the police or trading standards in order to recover money which is owed to them. We sent them a cheque which was cashed in June but have not received the goods but have since discovered they have gone . They are however still advertising on the internet and accepting payment by nochex and paypal. If anyone knows what has happened to them i would love to know.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Well, site's gone entirely now. Perhaps karma ran over their dogma. *ducks and runs*