My Amazing Life!

• Thread starter Anna's Adventures
  • Start date

Anna's Adventures

If I could, if I had the patience of a writer, I would already have written my biography. I have wanted to get it done for a while, but just keep having so many more new experiences, that I might have to categorize all the experiences and get many books written.

Hello all you talented writers. Obviously we need each other. You guys need good stories, and I need a great writer.

Here is the question, when I pitch my story to someone, how can I protect myself from it being used elsewhere?

Is there a great writer that has nothing but time to write my life story with a full circle twist to it? I hear a book is a great way into getting it turned into a movie if read by the right people!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Anna

Scarlett_156

asdf
Registered
Reaction score
A good-- I'm not gonna say "the best" because I don't have a lot of experience in this area-- thing to do is make an outline of your story, and solicit people with writing ability to read it. Once you have a handful of writers who have expressed interest in becoming involved, let them submit ideas for treatment-- a proposal in other words. Weed through those and let the ones you feel would do your story the most justice bid for a contract.

You could have whoever reads your outline sign a little contract that they will not use your story in future writing.

I hope this was helpful! :)

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
I'd guess that your story would be pretty hard to steal from a basic outline. Put together a basic outline and see if anyone is interested?

I've been writing mine for ages, I just find living life a little more interesting than writing about it lately... Writing a book is a lot harder than writing articles, and it is a lot harder than it looks.

brutus

Registered
Reaction score
m

Last edited: