X/Cell RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdpulfer

Registered
Reaction score
In January, I'm starting an RPG (better word: Interactive Fiction) called "X/Cell". It will be the successor to another RPG I enjoyed immensely, known as "X-Men: Children of the Atom".

And you might have guessed, this takes place in the Marvel Universe.

While this might not relate exactly to comic book publishing, I have found taking part in these games can be a good way to jumpstart the brain as far as comic book writing.

Here's how it'll work: a webmaster (me) will post a situation a point of view through several character - probably though one player character and a lot of NPC (Non-Player Characters). Other players write their characters' responses (two characters per player) in their own post. I prefer it to be written in third person, since I sometimes edit the posts together into a solid narrative.

You don't have to be a comic book fan to participate, but should you chose to, you should be at least willing to learn about the current going-on's in the Marvel Universe. This goes for fans who might not have read a comic for a while, as a lot has changed with Civil War.

The current continunity is the basis for the RPG, but it won't be an exact fit. I'll still have the power to change some things as I see fit, so don't expect reading every Civil War comic to form a kind of roadmap to the RPG.

I know there are better places to post for this kind of thing, but I actually don't want a typical RPG perspective on this thing. If you've played Yahoo! Group RPGs before, fine, but since we're already a tight-knit group, I wanted to see quality over quanity in new membership, which is why I came here.

Thus, if you're interested, you can either drop me a line at [email protected] or check out this website:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/xcellrpg/?yguid=157218882

Status
Not open for further replies.