Young Writers:Please Respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliveman

Registered
Reaction score
Any young writers here under the age of 21? I'd be interested in getting to know you, and perhaps we could start a group on this website. If no one responds.. I'll assume I'm the only one, or that I should post in other forums. You can message me as well ^^b

Oh and if you don't know, I am a 17 year old senior in highschool working on a fantasy novel.

Be pleased to meet you!

EDIT December 06 2007
We now have a home: http://authoringideas.proboards75.com
Also, though our user base is mostly young writers, I welcome anyone of any age to join. Furthermore, we're still growing and changing, so anyone who wants to get involved with the actual construction of the group, the forum, or the website, CAN.

Our forum mostly concentrates on the investigation of ideas that can go into writing, although it has a section devoted just to writing. In this way it's different from these forums, and is more concentrated and progressive. Our hope is that we're able to lead a revolution of sorts in the literary world through our ideas and writing.

So come on in and introduce yourself! We don't bite, seriously.

Oh, and as a further update, I'm 18 now, and at 39k words in the novel mentioned above ;)

Last edited:

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
17 year old senior with sci-fi/fantasy novel in the works. Sounds like a cool idea you've got. Feel free to PM! :)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
20 year old fantasy lover, but my WIP is actually YA... which I never in a million years thought I'd be interested in writing. Go figure. Anyway, I barely meet the criteria, as I will be 21 in three weeks. Do you still love me?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a 15-year-old high school freshman who is writing a dark urban fantasy/horror novel. I read fantasy and horror, and some SF.

There's other teens around here. You just have to look around for them carefully to find them. ;)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Alan Yee said:
There's other teens around here. You just have to look around for them carefully to find them. ;)

You just have to look for the excess of emotes and "LOL"s. :tongue

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 14 and have written three novels. Young adult novels are my favorite things to write and read. I'm currently revising one of my novels. It's kind of girly, with a chick lit feel. The NaNoWriMo novel I just finished was a YA urban fantasy.

Yep, there's teens here! I hope you enjoy AW.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I clicked on this thread thinking "I'm young". (28)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I've still got lots of youthful life left in me. I like long walks on the beach followed by a frolic in the waves, and then a tip-toe through the tulips. I've been known to get frisky when Kenny Rogers gets my bones up on the radio.

....what?

.....it's a what thread?

Oh. Er.

Um.

Disregard. Have fun, kids.

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't feeling particularly old until my first thought on reading this post was "I'm not sure that's a wise idea; what if oliveman is a freaky internet predator luring teenagers in for nefarious purposes?"

And then I considered posting a warning for the young people in case they hadn't heard it ten thousand times before.

Now I feel really, really old.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
So what, if we have a teenager's club on AW, are we going to have an Up And Coming Club, an Established Writers Club, an Old Person Scribbler Club? Are we to segregate ourselves like this?

No matter how you divide up AW, I will still sit at the front of the bus.

(that's a reference to "history," for those of you kids.)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
'Twas my first thought/impulse as well, Soloset. :cool:

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
So what, if we have a teenager's club on AW, are we going to have an Up And Coming Club, an Established Writers Club, an Old Person Scribbler Club? Are we to segregate ourselves like this?

No matter how you divide up AW, I will still sit at the front of the bus.

(that's a reference to "history," for those of you kids.)

Behind ya all the way, Rosa!

(And no, I don't know WTF I'm doing in this thread. :ROFL: )

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Get out, you old coots! :p

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Respect your elders, get a hair cut, pull up your pants!

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Respect your elders, get a hair cut, pull up your pants!

You never understand! I hate you! Oh, and later can I have a ride to the mall?

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I use alot of LOL's and this sucks! I'm only 28 and I'm considered old. Well poop on you!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Turn that music down! And close the fridge door, I'm not paying to cool down the whole nieghborhood!

I'm with you, Soloset, and now I feel old too.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, even if I thought the OP was legit, I wouldn't actually contact them without knowing they're here for other reasons than baiting. I usually only PM people who've been here long enough to contribute and who've talked with me before.

But, just so we're all safe.... for heaven's sake, don't give out your physical address, phone number, school name, route to and from and school, date of birth, yaddayaddayadda to some person you met online. And don't arrange to meet them in real life. You might be a little surprised to find out that 18-year-old Sexy Hunk is really a 40-year-old fat guy who *really* wants to gets to know you. (Seriously, you *don't* want to get to know him.)

This message has been brought to you by AY DieselGuy. Thank you.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Alan Yee said:
But, just so we're all safe.... for heaven's sake, don't give out your physical address, phone number, school name, route to and from and school, date of birth, yaddayaddayadda to some person you met online. And don't arrange to meet them in real life. You might be a little surprised to find out that 18-year-old Sexy Hunk is really a 40-year-old fat guy who *really* wants to gets to know you. (Seriously, you *don't* want to get to know him.)

I still don't get how people are so stupid as to fall for that. Of course, there are idiots.

I believe it was through Myspace that a grown man convinced a 15 year old girl to sleep with him and birth two babies. He used the first one for a snuff film. Got caught before getting the second one, I believe.

Happyhappyhappy!

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
Um, I'm 24 but stopped maturing around age 16. Do I count?

(PS--I'd rather hang around teens than grown-ups most of the time, at least people who still act like college students.)

(PPS--I know how creepy that sounds. My intentions are noble.)

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a 12 year old boy living in a 33 year old man's body....at least so my wife tells me.

Man...first I was too old to audition for American Idol and now this! Sheesh! Where's my walker!!

(seriously...I can't find my walker....it's my eyesight, you know. My trifocals are missing and without them I can't see to find my...well...trifocals)

BruceJ

Me and my Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brucejudisch.com
Well, I'm probably old enough to tell your parents to get a hair cut and pull up their pants, but that doesn't mean I can't listen in.

Down with "age-ism"! :Soapbox:

I'll be quiet now...

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Dag nabbit!

CONWAYThe-Old-Man.jpg

Oliveman

Registered
Reaction score
LOL wow! what a responce! I was cracking up just reading some of this. You guys aren't old ^^ don't take offence. I had to stop somewhere, though :p

Oh and note the :p's and LOL's, dang it

And no im not an internet stalker, though who's to know? Muahaha o_O

Actually I think internet stalkers would have a little sense in them and not try for writers, sharp as they are.

Sorry for making anyone feel old ^_- love you all anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.