Garden of Eden Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some good news from Iraq....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6217240.stm

Partial recovery for Iraq marshes

Saddam's dams diverted waters away from the marshes

About half of the marshlands area of Iraq has been restored to its 1970s condition, according to the United Nations Environment Programme (Unep).

UN officials and Iraqi ministers told a seminar in Japan that drinking water supplies for the local population had improved, but remained a concern.

The area is believed by some to be the site of the Biblical "Garden of Eden".

Large areas were drained in the 1990s to punish the Marsh Arabs for rebelling against former leader Saddam Hussein.

"Working with Iraqi institutions and local communities, Unep is now providing safe drinking water to up to 22,000 people in six pilot communities by common distribution taps," said Dr Chizuru Aoki, Unep's Iraq project coordinator.

The agency has trained about 300 residents in marshland management.

Drinking water, learning new skills, like marshland management which to be quite honest with you, I wouldn't mind learning. Garden of Eden on the mend.

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
The US Government is working as hard as it can at taking even the very shirts off the backs of every Iraqi, Maestro. You'll just have to be patient.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
whistlelock said:
I'll just settle for a naked Eve. Which we all know was white, blonde haired and blue eyed, with large perky boobs.
And legs that never needed shaving.

Reaction score
whistlelock said:
I'll just settle for a naked Eve. Which we all know was white, blonde haired and blue eyed, with large perky boobs.

As a matter of fact she was. And god bless her!
:)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
The only good snake is a trouser snake.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
This is stupid. Every good Mormon knows the Garden of Eden was in Missouri.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Well, I've been to Missouri.

They're wrong.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
No offense to Stew. I would imagine any spot on earth within touching distance of her skin would be eden for me.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
GPatten said:
Couldn’t have been. Missouri hadn’t been discovered yet, back then.

Hey man, I was just bringing the truthiness.

In 1838, Joseph Smith led a group of followers seventy miles north of present-day Kansas City, Missouri. There he founded a new settlement that he called Adam-ondi-Ahman. The place is significant in Mormon history for it is here that Smith claimed the first man, Adam, lived.

According to Smith, the Garden of Eden was located nearby in Jackson county, Missouri. Following his expulsion from the garden, Adam traveled northward to present-day Daviess county.

Tenth Mormon President Joseph Fielding Smith wrote, "In accord with the revelations given to the Prophet Joseph Smith, we teach that the Garden of Eden was on the American continent located where the city of Zion, or the New Jerusalem will be built. When Adam and Eve were driven out of the Garden, they eventually dwelt at a place called Adam-ondi-Ahman, situated in what is now Daviess County, Missouri" (Doctrines of Salvation 3:74).

http://www.mrm.org/multimedia/text/american-eden.html

Status
Not open for further replies.