Get your tinfoil beanies ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Awesome!

This is the kind of cool shit I've always been talking about.

I feel like I'm getting my tax dollars worth now.

To anyone who has a problem with this...

Don't break the law. No problems.

Good luck.
:)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
don't carry a cell phone - no problems

Reaction score
I'd like to thank ABC news for ruining a wonderful crime fighting method.

It's a miracle this country has survived the media's apparent incessant desire to help those that wish to harm us or their apparent incessant indifference under the guise of "freedom of speech."

Either way, thank you ABC.

You just made the list.

Reaction score
dclary said:
That's freakin' awesome.

It WAS.

Now it's over.

Thanks, ABC!!

I hope someone wins a Pulitzer so all the lives lost and unpunished crimes that can now be committed isn't without it's upside.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
No, we've already beat them, billy. Gangsters CAN'T stop using their cell phones, because we've removed all the pay phones on the street -- they can't very well go into Aunt Mamie's house and ask to use the phone every time they need to call about who the next hit is.

Now they're f*cked. "Call guido."

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"They might be listening."

This will have every paranoid creepy loser and criminal in the country even MORE paranoid and creepy.

We've got them scared and snivelling.

Right where we want them.

Reaction score
Yeah, but they can put their cellphone in the bathroom and run the shower at full blast while they go in the other room and talk. Or just take the battery out now.

Friggin ABC.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Glad I don't carry a cell phone.. they might find out about my secret double life!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too surprised some reporter finally got an angle on this story and published it. The technology isn't exactly new or anything like that.

I remember back in the late 80's when I was programming against some PBX switches we could listen in to peoples private conversations without them (anyone) actually using the phone. Audix and Nortel codes were easy to manipulate and you could do some fun stuff. I actually reprogrammed one guys phone to forward his messages to the boss while he was away on vacation. We also used to ring down to other floors and use the speaker to talk "This is god! I know what you're doing and you'll go to hell for sure if you don't stop."

Now this was way back in 1988 and 1991. Just think how far listening in to private conversations has come since then?

P.S. I worked as a database programmer for a small telecom and one of the largest, so I know just enough to have fun.

Here's another one. Don't trust your voice messages because almost every machine I've ever encountered is easy to hack and listen to the messages. Hmmmm....

Cheers, and don't panic...too much! :roll:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
About two years ago I saw ads for a company that sold cell phones that could be remotely turned on in silent mode.

Specific marketed use? Give it to your significant other. Use it to spy on him/her.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
:ROFL:
I always thought copper tubing worked best, or maybe that's just for alien interference.
It reminds me of that Will Smith movie w/ Gene Hackman... what was it called?

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Awesome!

This is the kind of cool shit I've always been talking about.

I feel like I'm getting my tax dollars worth now.

Good luck.

I never cease to be amazed by how easy it is for those who vociferously claim to be for "smaller government", etc., to justify this kind of Orwellian stuff. They can, by the way, also track your location via GPS on newer cell-phones, technology that should be ubiquitous in a couple of years.

Don't leave your house. No problems.

Good luck. You'll need it.

caw

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
dclary said:
About two years ago I saw ads for a company that sold cell phones that could be remotely turned on in silent mode.

Specific marketed use? Give it to your significant other. Use it to spy on him/her.
They've had bootstrap technology for nearly a dozen years. We (old company) have remote servers for our inbound/outbound calls that always needed to be rebooted remotely. Just send the right code and bingo...

Almost all this is already published on the internet and any smart telecom programmer can use it...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
blacbird said:
I never cease to be amazed by how easy it is for those who vociferously claim to be for "smaller government", etc., to justify this kind of Orwellian stuff. They can, by the way, also track your location via GPS on newer cell-phones, technology that should be ubiquitous in a couple of years.

Don't leave your house. No problems.

Good luck. You'll need it.

caw

I won't need it. I'm not a criminal.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
dclary said:
I won't need it. I'm not a criminal.
You don't have to be a criminal to have it affect your daily life. What's to stop a private company from using it to check on you? What's to stop criminals from using all this technology to philfer your assets? How can you not see this technology as an intrusion by both government and criminals (not to mistake the two entities)?

Don't worry, be happy!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Hope they have fun listening to me call my kids.

Me: Are you home?
Them: Yeah.
Me: Have you done your homework?
Them: Not yet.
Me: Don't forget to pick up your room.
Them: OK.

Should be really enlightening.

Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
You don't have to be a criminal to have it affect your daily life. What's to stop a private company from using it to check on you? What's to stop criminals from using all this technology to philfer your assets? How can you not see this technology as an intrusion by both government and criminals (not to mistake the two entities)?

It doesn't bother me that government does it.

Because I don't break the law. I don't have a thing to worry about.

Now if someone uses it criminally against me to steal my identity or something will then that sucks and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Lots of technology is used criminally. And that's the love goes. Find them, charge them, convict them.

Thank you.

Reaction score
blacbird said:
I never cease to be amazed by how easy it is for those who vociferously claim to be for "smaller government", etc., to justify this kind of Orwellian stuff.

Smaller government is right.

Keep a good econonic environment and keep me alive and safe from criminals like the Genovese crime family and Al Queda. That's it. And infrastructure. That's it. For sure. Maybe a couple small other ones.

And they can do that alive and safe stuff any way they want.

I don't break the law.

The only ones who need to worry about it are the ones that do.

Thank you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
It doesn't bother me that government does it.
What about your employer? Would you be happy if your employer decided to check on you when using their cellphone or personal computer after hours? Would it bother you if a company used this technology to decide what is acceptable off-hour behavior? Where do you draw the line?

I think the government should have the ability to prevent, investigate, and prosecute crime. However, I still feel that government should use caution when using this technology. The government should still be required to obtain the appropriate legal releases from the courts before engaging in any intrusive behavior.

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

Not good enough for me. MY conversations are MINE. Not the feds'. You want to listen in? Prove I'm breaking the law and fine; listen in.

But until I present a DIRECT, OBVIOUS, CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER then stay out of my cell phone, my e-mail, my personal documents, my Internet history, my library check-out records, my bank records, etc. etc. etc. and so on and so forth.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
SpookyWriter said:

Don't worry, be happy!

I see criminal use of this as bad. I see governmental use of this as good. Unlike democrats I *don't* mistake the two.

Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
What about your employer? Would you be happy if your employer decided to check on you when using their cellphone or personal computer after hours? Would it bother you if a company used this technology to decide what is acceptable off-hour behavior?

Yes and no.

A. the employer isn't the government tracking Mafia and Al Queda and embezzlers and counterfitters and whatever.
B. I wouldn't use my employers computer or cellphone for bad behavior, so this doesn't really worry me all that much either.

I don't really engage in any bad behavior other than looking at sweet naked girls on the internet, so that's why this stuff doesn't really bother me I guess.

I guess we all have our own perspective on issues.

If I was a rap scallion engaging in illegal activities, yeah, I'd probably be a lot more "this is wrong!"

:Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.