PDA

View Full Version : Raindrops?

WildScribe
12-07-2006, 02:31 AM
I am sitting in my office, listening to the sound of running water. At first I thought it was rain, but a glance out the window shows blue skies. It is 2:30 pm, and I have been hearing this sound since 9 when I got up. It is almost certainly coming from the neighbor's house, since we live in condos. The prompt is to write me a paragarph or two describing this strange activity. Ready? GO!

DreamWorks
12-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Drip... drop.
doesn't... stop.
but... what... is this drop?
every.. second.. one more plop
and still I don't know what is up with this drip
as it drops!
soon I think my head will pop
I'll lose my job
be a flop
go beserk and blow my top
hop around in riding crops
until I'm taken by the cops
all because this dripping drop
doesn't know when to stop

WildScribe
12-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Not exactly prose... but amusine nonetheless.

JeanneTGC
12-11-2006, 10:42 AM
"I keep on trying to write something clever," Jeanne moaned aloud. "But that damned dripping from next door is driving me insane."

"They've probably let the tub overflow," Claude, the grey cat, said as he cleaned himself.

"Tub would make a more whooshing sound," Harley, the Dalmatian argued.

"I agree," said Figgy, the black and white cat. She rarely agreed with any dog, let alone Harley, but she always disagreed with Claude.

"Then it's the kitchen tap," Claude suggested in a bored tone. "I mean, whatever. Why does it matter?"

"I'm trying to play a writing game here," Jeanne snapped.

"Well," Claude countered, "maybe you should write. You know, just write. God knows you're at that computer day and night." The other animals nodded their heads, including two other dogs who don't get speaking lines in this case.

"Fine," Jeanne muttered. "It's gotta be better than nothing. At least I've tried."

The animals yawned, curled up, and ignored the dripping sound. Pity that Jeanne couldn't do the same.

WildScribe
12-11-2006, 10:31 PM
You have some spunky pets.

JeanneTGC
12-12-2006, 03:15 AM
You have no idea. :D