Three Fingers Up

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
To hear this song, click HERE. Written for my Mrs. This particular tune garnered several #1 spots online, as well as being played on some very big Podcasts.

Enjoy,
Rick

DreamWorks

keep dreaming
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty good! If this was on the radio I would probably switch over, but I would probably do the same with my songs so don't take it personally!

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Completely understood. I never listen to my own music. Once it's finished, I move on. I'm a hasd rock kinda guy, and ballads test my patience.

Au reverb,
Rick

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Rick- as soon as I get around to hooking up my speakers here at work, I'm going to check out the stuff you posted. Busy though, holidays ya know.

I'm the opposite of you I think, I listen to my own stuff quite a bit. If anyone else was doing what I do, I would listen to their stuff too though.

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
jbal;
It's neither good nor bad to listen to your own music. I just get really antsy to move to the next thing. I'm also a painter, and my paintings are usually stacked in a corner or given away as they're finished. Bizarre, I know. For me, the enjoyment is in the making of a song, painting, what have you. Hopefully someday I'll make time to sit and listen to my stuff and enjoy it. Thanks in advance for listening.

Au reverb,
Rick

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I have the same problem with revising songs. It's only recently I've started doing it at all. Usually once something's done, if I'm not 100% satisfied, I just move on and write something else. So I've recorded about 21 albums, most of which could use some improvement.

ETA: it's nice to see some activity on this board lately. So many songsters out there, this place should be my main hangout.

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
jbal;
I've been writing songs for over 30 years. At the beginning I labored over a song for months. Now, it's usually an hour or so from beginning to finished recording. Are there mistakes in my recordings? You bet! I grew up on Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper and a zillion others. I write in many styles now. It's alot of fun.
Hope you get to listen to this one. Keep making music.

Rock on,
Rick

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Mistakes make for a better song I think. There's something about that first take vibe that's awesome. Almost Everything I hear on the radio these days is so polished that it just sounds correct, no soul, no power.

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
jbal;
You hit the nail on the head. I don't do second takes. One take per track. If I screw the solo, oh well it has feel. If I blurt a word, oh well, it's ok. Gimme garage anyday.
Always great to talk to a fellow musician/composer.

Yore pal,
Rick

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Only three? Lloyd, you ornery varmint! Now you gotta listen!

I'm not Britney,
Rick

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Three Fingers Up and Lay My Pistol Down

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
rtilryarms said:
I liked Three Fingers Up and Lay My Pistol Down

That's encouraging. Thanks for listening.

best to you,
Rick

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Moonster-finally got my d*** speaker hooked up here. Very good stuff, I particularly like your guitar playing, very tasteful. Sorry it took so long to respond. I checked out the collage too, which is more up my alley, very diverse and cool.

mooncars

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
jbal;
Thanks a billion for listening. I love the harder edged stuff myself. But I have to change up or I get very bored.

hermey.jpg

I want to be a den-tist,
Rick

Last edited: