How to get an Angent

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd1988

My question has nothing to do with agents, but I thought it might attract attention. How does this sound as an idea?

Retired superhero in identity crisis comedy flick.

Request feedback and possible suggestions.

xtz

My answer has nothing to do with your question, but I just love this jumping emoticon.

:jump

xtz

Re: How to be lazy and ask other people for ideas

Anyway -- you don't have an idea yet. What kind of identity crisis? What kind of Superhero? 'Retired' is screenwriter's cliche, and a 'comedy', well that's not original either. Not till you've come up with your own Superhero's highly original special power(s) and a unique letter/picture on his chest that nobody else's superhero has...

... how about this...

:jump

maestrowork

Re: How to be lazy and ask other people for ideas

With the hypes surrounding X-Man, Spiderman, Catwoman, Daredevil, Hell Boy, Hulk, Superman (ITW), Batman (ITW), Wonder Woman, not to mention Pixar's very funny The Incredibles coming in November... there're probably a gazillion comic superhero stories. What sets yours apart?

Ravenlocks01

angent, n. an'-gent

A heavenly being who represents godly aspiring writers.

dd1988

Just asking for help, not ideas.

It really doesn't have a whole lot to do with the fact that the guy's a superhero. I'ts more of a character study kind of thing, relevant to the life of any working class person who has just lost their job. Imagine Superman meets About Shmidt meets Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. I already wrote it, but am afraid I'm not using proper "screenwriting lingo."

Thanks for further help.

Status
Not open for further replies.