Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've decided to put my obssessive cooking habits to use for the holidays. I'll home alone most of the time, so I'll be using that time to do nothing but cook (and write, of course). I need ideas for what to make. I've already started making the traditional, delicious chocolate chip cookie batches, but I need more, more, more!

Throw them out there. Nothing that requires any expensive ingredients, though. Can't afford that.

And yes, I'll be making some more crepes.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Lasgna! Oh, I looooove lasagna. I make it from scratch, so it takes about 2.5 hours, but it is easy to make with pre-made sauce, etc. as well.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
WildScribe said:
Lasgna! Oh, I looooove lasagna. I make it from scratch, so it takes about 2.5 hours, but it is easy to make with pre-made sauce, etc. as well.
Excellent idea! But no pre-made sauce, no no, we're making it all from scratch! I shall make 30 lbs of lasagna!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Please bake and send me a batch of peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses in the middle. In addition, add a batch of Pecan balls with a Christmas Card that says, “Merry Christmas ToT! AW isn’t the same without you.”

Isn’t this the “What gift would you give an AWer” thread? I'm helping you out.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
TrainofThought said:
Please bake and send me a batch of peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses in the middle. In addition, add a batch of Pecan balls with a Christmas Card that says, “Merry Christmas ToT! AW isn’t the same without you.”

Heehee. Actually, I might be able to send you some :D. But, they come with crepes.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Oh man, I love almond cookies. They're one of my favorites :D. I'm making.....

17 batches. Ha! (Yes, I might seriously make 17 batches)

Are you doing this all in one day? That's a whole lot of baking! :) Have fun!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TrainofThought said:

Those are the ones. Peatnut butter blossems. I'll think of another one for you (tsuki). I'm going to be baking too in a couple of weeks.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Rum balls! So easy, and you don't even cook them: Just crush vanilla wafers with a rolling pin (or toss them in the blender), moisten with condensed milk and a bit of rum until they hold their shape when you form them into marble-sized balls. Roll them in powdered sugar, and store in a tightly-sealed container. If rum is too expensive, use artificial rum flavoring.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A cake shaped like a Christmas tree, or Santa, or Frosty the Snowman.

And for me, some sausage balls. :)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
ditto on bread. make a huge batch of yeast-dough and you can make lots of things from it. cinnamon rolls, mmm, nothing like rolls from scratch. cheesey bread sticks.
also, other no-rise breads like zuccinni bread are great.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Pies! Cherry and apple pies are easy as hell to make and tasty. Also, I would suggest some sort of meat pie, those are extra good because they combine the two best things in the food world, meat and pie! I could probably get you a recipe from my grandma is you want.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chaostitan said:
Puppy Chow! The recipe comes on the Rice Chex box, and it's absolutely divine! I make it every year.
God, that stuff is great. Every time I make it, I have to make more and more of it because everyone eats it all. One of these days, I'll end up having to fill the tub with it.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
JDCrayne said:
Rum balls! So easy, and you don't even cook them: Just crush vanilla wafers with a rolling pin (or toss them in the blender), moisten with condensed milk and a bit of rum until they hold their shape when you form them into marble-sized balls. Roll them in powdered sugar, and store in a tightly-sealed container. If rum is too expensive, use artificial rum flavoring.
That sounds like an awesome idea. One side of my family is full of alcoholics, so free rum won't be a problem. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.