PDA

View Full Version : All I Want for Christmas... *sigh*

FloVoyager
12-03-2006, 11:50 PM
...is a good agent. How about you?

Little Red Barn
12-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok...We'll get it going...
For once not to do laundry on Christmas day...I swear I do!
An agent for all of you...
To meet my AW buddy in NY, because we both have agents...I wish...
A mentor for Terri...please
Peace for one day....
Some snuggly wuggly warm socks.

Pisarz
12-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Ditto on an agent for Christmas! (Big red bow optional). If I can't get an agent, my second wish is to NOT get a rejection on a full until after the holidays.

JeanneTGC
12-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Santa Baby, just put an agent under my tree, for me. Been an awful good girl. Santa Baby, and hurry up that contract tonight.

Santa Baby, a few more sales of the shorts would be swell, as well. Been an angel all year. Santa Baby, and hurry up acceptances tonight.

Think of all the subs I've made.
Think of all the rejections I've been forced to save.
I really do believe in you.
Won't you please, believe in me?

Santa Baby, forgot to mention one little thing. A ring. From the top agent out there. Santa Baby, and hurry up that contract tonight.

(With apologies to the great Eartha Kitt, the jazziest Catwoman ever.)

stormie
12-04-2006, 12:40 AM
For anyone who's trying so hard to get a great agent, to get one.
For peace (now that would truly be a miracle, wouldn't it?)

maddythemad
12-04-2006, 03:52 AM
A fabulous agent, and news that the world won't be ending soon after all.

Rivana
12-04-2006, 04:08 AM
An acceptance letter. Or at least something that doesn't simply say my writing doesn't fit the publication.

Oh, and I want all those people deserving of publication to get it. Cuz, it really really sucks to be a starving genius. ^o^

janetbellinger
12-04-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm with the people who want agents. I also want for good things to happen for my kids and that I will still be able to fit into my New Year's outfit on Dec. 31st.

JeanneTGC
12-04-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm with the people who want agents. I also want for good things to happen for my kids and that I will still be able to fit into my New Year's outfit on Dec. 31st.

I like that one, too! But, can we say *which* NYE outfit from whichever year? Because if it's from, oh, a couple of years ago, I think I might be out of luck...:D

triceretops
12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
True story, I swear. I got my agent Christmas day last year. I asked him what in the heck/hell he was doing reading over the holidays, with a touch of humor, mind you. He said he didn't expect to read, only he got hooked on my manuscript the previous day and finished it. Nuts, I know, but I just wanted to tell you it DOES happen like that sometimes.

I just wish we found an editor who felt the same way. Gak!

Good luck and blessings to all of you for a repeat performance like that.

Tri

kuatolives
12-04-2006, 10:51 AM
agents are parasites. Wish for peace on earth or something.

Pisarz
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I also wish for kuatolives to post as often as possible in the New Year. He cracks me up like no one else on these forums. Love that humor! ;)

johnzakour
12-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Since we already have a nintendo wii I guess world peace is good.

As per the agents, they serve a purpose, but man, I wouldn’t use up on Christmas wish on one.

NCRomanceWriter
12-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd like to finally finish a manuscript. :)

karo.ambrose
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Since we already have a nintendo wii I guess world peace is good.

Well since you're wishing for world peace, I'll wish for a Wii. And for my prospective agent to love my partial submission and ask for a full.