• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for reader/mentor/partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert_dixie

Registered
Reaction score
My name is Ken and I'm looking for a like-minded reader/mentor/partner to bounce ideas off of.

I have a finished *cough* rough draft of a novel and really need to brush it up before I make an attempt to get it published.

My novel, at it's best, is supposed to represent how much potential America has and if it is willing to change, progress, there is a chance that she might avoid the circle of history that says eventually the empire will fall. But it's probably a little more, or probably even a little less, complicated than that.

That's why I'm here.

Anyway, anyone who likes Joyce, Bukowski, Abbey, Gardner, Miller, Wallace (or at the least know who these cats are) give me a shout. To give you idea of my writing style/tastes, you can check out my profile or email me at [email protected] and I'd be glad to chat with you.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
First of all, welcome to Absolute Write, Robert... er... Ken! It's good to have another novelist among us.

I don't think I'm the reader/mentor/partner you need, but I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for - the folks around here are very helpful. You might post a bit of your novel in the Share Your Work area - it's a very good place to start. Then, while you're waiting for feedback, poke around in some of the other forums. There's lots to do, see and enjoy here.

Welcome! And good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.