dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Clearly upset that Republicans have already reformed healthcare and education while they were in power, Democrats have made an equally bold move in their first month in power:

proposing a permanent tax cut that will benefit the rich FAR more than it will benefit the poor.

Of course, they say it's a middle-classed tax cut, but you tell me.

Here's the article:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20061130-105644-6484r.htm

Now... let's be realistic here. Who benefits most from this? The lower-classed folks paying $300 a year on their trade schools and community colleges? The middle-classed kids paying $5K a year at the state university?

Or those skull and boners at Yale, the USC rich kids, the ivy-leaguers paying $50,000 or more in college tuitions?

So spin it, lefties. How does this tax cut benefit the poor? You who've championed the demmies and cried foul at all the republican tax cuts, bemoaning the fact that they benefit the rich more than the rest of us.

Let's hear it!

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
Deek--
Just a quick question: You do realize that your go-to paper of choice to quote, the Washington Times, is owned and run by the Moonies and not considered a respectable newspaper, right?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Joe Unidos said:
Deek--
Just a quick question: You do realize that your go-to paper of choice to quote, the Washington Times, is owned and run by the Moonies and not considered a respectable newspaper, right?
Is the WT in the NYT's "Least Respected Newspapers" list? I believe the NYT was on the top of the NYT's "Most Respected Newspapers" list, followed closely by The Miami Herald...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
gclare said:
It's fair across the spectrum of all incomes. But what was that you were saying about "already reformed healthcare and education" again?

Medicare Prescription Plan reform. No Child Left Behind.

Next?

ETA: And whenever I point out that any tax cut that cuts by scale will ALWAYS benefit the rich more than the poor, simply because they're already PAYING more, it gets cut down by the left. Why not this one?

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
Is the WT in the NYT's "Least Respected Newspapers" list? I believe the NYT was on the top of the NYT's "Most Respected Newspapers" list, followed closely by The Miami Herald...

Is that some effort to cloud the issue without having to actually come right out and fib, and pretend that you think the Washington Times is a reputable newspaper?

:D

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Medicare Prescription Plan reform. No Child Left Behind.

Next?

hahahahahahahahaha!

You forgot "Mission Accomplished!"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Joe Unidos said:
Deek--

Joe, if your newspapers would report on this, I'd be happy to use them. But since they have a vested interest in protecting democrats from criticism, this isn't likely to happen, is it?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
TheGaffer said:
How about, cram it with walnuts, Deek?

There, that's good. Happy weekend everyone!

I don't even know what that means. Must be some ethnic thing.

;)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Joe Unidos said:
hahahahahahahahaha!

You forgot "Mission Accomplished!"

Laugh it up fuzzball. Your side has b*tched about the need to reform education and medicare for the 30 years they've held the house and senate. We held it for ten and did both. It's your own damn fault if you don't like how we did it. You should have done the job yourselves while you had the chance.

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Laugh it up fuzzball. Your side has b*tched about the need to reform education and medicare for the 30 years they've held the house and senate. We held it for ten and did both. It's your own damn fault if you don't like how we did it. You should have done the job yourselves while you had the chance.

It'll take another decade to undo the damage you cats did "fixing" it. The GOP's like an old grandfather coming over to fix the dishwasher --you know it's gonna end up costing you more than if he hadn't fvcked around with it first when you finally do have someone who knows what they're doing come and do it right.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Joe Unidos said:
It'll take another decade to undo the damage you cats did "fixing" it. The GOP's like an old grandfather coming over to fix the dishwasher --you know it's gonna end up costing you more than if he hadn't fvcked around with it first when you finally do have someone who knows what they're doing come and do it right.

Like I said. Your own damn fault for not taking it to Sears before he got there in the first place.

Reaction score
gclare said:
really do that much to help most of us.

I'm still amazed that people rely on the government to "help them."

Even the biggest tax cut isn't gonna do anything.

"Wow, honey, Hillary just got a huge middle class tax cut passed! We're gonna have an extra $1700 a year!!"

Big freaking deal.

Because $1700 doesn't matter. It's not life changing. It's cool. It's nice. I remember getting my rebate check a few years ago.

"Oh cool...I'll buy a new TV."

It's not life altering. It's not "I'm rich!! Thank you!!!"

But having a robust economy where you have a job that's worth $57,000 or $35,000 or $98,0000 or whatever, is. The tax cuts that really matter are the ones that go to the people that create jobs.

"Oh, the tax cuts are only for corportations and rich people. It doesn't help me!!"

Yeah, I guess that job you have doesn't help.

And as dclary pointed out...if you're only making $52,000, sadly unlike the guy who is making $3,000,000 we can't give you a tax return back of $140,000. You only paid $15,000!!!

Thank you.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
I don't even know what that means. Must be some ethnic thing.

It's a Homer Simpson-ism.

Signalling that I'm just not interested enough but I'm happy to throw some shouting around in the room. I'm like Brick Tamblyn. "I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!"

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Joe Unidos said:
Is that some effort to cloud the issue without having to actually come right out and fib, and pretend that you think the Washington Times is a reputable newspaper?

:D
Nah...I'm just curious about what newspaper actually is respectable. I only get the NYT and the Miami Herald so I have something to line my tortoise cage with...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
billythrilly7th said:
Because $1700 doesn't matter. It's not life changing. It's cool. It's nice. I remember getting my rebate check a few years ago.
It's not life changing for people who just blow their rebate checks on new toys. But keeping an extra hundred or so of your own money every month could allow some people to start saving for their retirement.

Reaction score
robeiae said:
It's not life changing for people who just blow their rebate checks on new toys. But keeping an extra hundred or so of your own money every month could allow some people to start saving for their retirement.

Yeah...it's nice.

But if they don't have a job, they won't be able to save at all.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
If they don't have a job, why are we sending them a tax rebate?

Reaction score
dclary said:
If they don't have a job, why are we sending them a tax rebate?

Excellent point.

Write that down for our administration.

No job = No tax rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.