My debut column in Creative Screenwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryNotes

By now, it's been delivered to the homes of subscribers throughout America -- or at least those in Southern California. And it's wending its way to the rest of the country at this very moment.

And it's on newstands and in bookstores now -- at least those that carry show biz stuff.

I'm speaking of the July issue of "Creative Screenwriting" (with a "Pirates of the Caribbean" photo-cover).

My new column "Our Craft" debuts in this issue. The initial series of columns will be about debunking dubious screenwriting advice.

I just sent in the article for the September issue yesterday. These are actually fun to write -- I get a chance to say "Now wait a minute" to some erroneous, so-called "rules" that one sees a lot, which, being either partially and in some cases wholly inaccurate, do more damage than good. And no doubt, are the cause of much confusion and/or frustration to new writers.

While I have a list of over 30 such decrees, dictums, and commandments, if anyone has suggestions for future issues, I'd be pleased to hear them.

Or even questions as to "is this one legit?"

That's "Creative Screenwriting" magazine -- on sale at better bookstores now!

(And probably a few sleazy and disreputable ones, too.)

Jeff Newman

To register for my Midpoint seminar at Expo 2:
65.61.183.178/product.asp...=218&3=242

Status
Not open for further replies.