Passionate writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJ and G

I've got around 34 pages of script written and already have found myself laughing or crying as I write. It's almost as if the scenes are real. I shouldn't admit this because there are children reading this, but there were even parts that made me feel horney.

Has anyone else experienced this passion or are you like the stone-faced surgeon type doing an operation.

I never imagined my script would get to me so.

NikeeGoddess

ok

great! if it comes across that way to your reading public then you may actually have something.

write on!

mammamaia

Re: ok

my writing always affects me the way i want my readers/audience to feel... if it didn't, i wouldn't be writing it like that...

and yeah, the triple-x-rated stuff in my 'old life' work sure didn't hurt my real-life love life any!... fortunately, i had someone handy with whom i could choreograph the more 'intricate' manuevers:ssh

dchapma123

It's good that the writing excites you. But--if you'll permit me to rain on your parade just a tad--you'll need to be careful once you get to the revision stage to force yourself to be as ojbective as possible about this stuff.

I believe William Faulkner said that, as a writer, you have to "kill all of your darlings". The things that you think are very funny or very sad or very erotic might genuinely be so, but they might not actually be serving your script very well. It's not really adviseable to keep a scene or even a moment just because it's "the funniest". If it gets in the way of your story, it's got to go.

If you're still on the first draft, I wouldn't worry about this though. Just enjoy the writing.

Dave...

FJ and G

One other thing I'd like to add about "passion." Since I've been writing (only last month & now about 1/2 thru w/1st draft), I've been jotting down thoughts throughout the day on 3x5 cards that I carry with me. My mind is continually conjuring up variations on scenes. It's become a consumming passion.

It's a wonderful feeling.

uk writer

Its great that you have this kind of passion for your work! Personally i think that you have to have passion for the story and characters to make it work, just think if you the creator who knows more about the characters than any one else, have no feelings about them.. why should your readers.

I have just finished writing a 20 minute short, A love story with a twist and there were times i felt my heart beat faster, times i smiled with happiness for the character and times i wanted to cry for them! Its the first short i have completed.. and im sure it needs some work doing to it! But finishing it gave me an amazing feeling! :thumbs

absolutewrite

FJ: I love that feeling! My family used to make fun of me when I was working on a script because I would talk about my characters at the dinner table-- like...

"I can't BELIEVE what Sonya did today! She quit her job and moved to Alaska!"

That's just how stuff felt to me-- like these were real people and I was along for the ride. If you can keep up that genuine passion throughout a script, it puts you at a great advantage for keeping the reader's attention. If you start to get bored, it's a good sign that the reader may, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.