still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Who's in?

I'm in.

I know this month might be a bit of a challenge, with the holidays and all, but that doesn't mean we have to throw the baby out with the keyboard. ;)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in.

(I hope I'll be doing more than that since I have most of December off work -- we'll see how that actually goes!)

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Nice try, GW! But I found you over here in this new thread even without a link. Cuz I knew you'd think you could lose me that easy. BWWWAaaahhhhhhhaaaaa!

Not skeert are ya?

I'm not writing anything today. It's not November anymore. I'm going back to my Nano (teeny weeny thing that it is) and reading it all of a piece for the first time since I started it. And cutting chunks out! I really can't even bring myself to write in there anymore it's such a mess. Like my car. I'm gonna tidy it up then go on a road trip!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to join this thread but I've had a lapse in creativity lately. Storylines that seemed great a few weeks ago seem to crumble now, so I have no story arcs to write 500 words of. Does outlining/brainstorming 500 words count?

Good Word

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Moths are cool.

Yes, by all means, count it. It's a means to a beginning.

Come on in!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
So are we logging words in this thread or the other?

Not that I have anything to log yet today.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Yep, I'm here!
I made 954 words today... hmm, I should have tossed in a few more adjectives and gotten to 960. My homeless band of 174 wretched souls is wandering alone in the wilderness without food or water. They're gonna suffer!!! Heh-heh-heh!!!

Good Word

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
This thread, AnnieColleen.

gclare, you're funny. Funny is good. Are you a vegetarian?

Paprika, bring that l'il nano baby over here and give her a bottle.

Mr. London, good sir, welcome back from the roadkill harvesting conference. Hope it was fruitful? Or meatful, if you prefer. Glad you worked on your rewrites.

JD, congrats. But is 174 an arbitrary number? Poor things. No beverages, no food? Maybe they shoulda went to Greg's seminar.

I did my 500 yesterday, more stream of consciousness than anything, and I did about 300 today so far.

I Shrugged is going to do the next roundup and dish out the suns on Monday. Thanks, Shruggles!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I wound up working on a (very overdue) cross-stitch project instead. :gone: Here's hoping for tomorrow.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
Good Word said:
JD, congrats. But is 174 an arbitrary number? Poor things. No beverages, no food? Maybe they shoulda went to Greg's seminar.

Sort of arbitrary. I started off with 462 and I've been murdering them along the way. Are there munchies and stuff to drink at the seminar? The wretched survivors could still stop by!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Good Word said:
Moths are cool.
:Thumbs: I think so too, but actually my username is an acronym for 'my own two hands'. Seeing m-o-t-h every time I log in here helps me remember I have to do the work myself, and that it's good work to do.

I too was a slug yesterday :e2paperba , but later on today is looking promising.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in too! I've kinda sorta had the weekend off while I brainstorm, so I'll be starting off tomorow.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!

This thread got me going on my first fiction writing ever and I'm about 3,000 words into the thing.

I have to see what's going to happen to my MC so I have to write! If I don't, I won't ever know what happened to her.

Thank you all for getting me addicted to writing a story.

kid

I think the 625 I did last night will go for December, is that okay?

Last edited:

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Good Word said:
Ow! Okay, okay, I got words here -- 601 today. See? Good enough?

They're probably closer to outline/drafting, but I think that's what I need right now, figuring out which parts actually go into the story.

I could probably have gone on -- it was going really well! -- but I have to go help make dinner. We're having potato soup, and the bacon smells awesome, but I told myself I couldn't snitch any til I got today's words done.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
789 words today, and my wretched band of wanderers have finally made it to the river bank, so they're not going to die of thirst, poor souls. Total word count for the WIP is now 18,763.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Whew!

I got my 501 for this evening.!

It's nine pm and now I've got to finish my lesson plan for my preschool class tomorrow. Yikes!

I am having so much fun with my story.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
greglondon said:
changing points of view suck, by the way.

It IS an interesting challenge. The trick is to keep each segment long enough that the readers don't get confused by the change. I'm also making sure that the first sentence of each new segment establishes the person, time, and place. I was a little concerned about juggling three of them, since I had only used two in the previous book, but I remembered that Tolkien used three throughout most of the middle book of his trilogy. At least that is some kind of precedent.

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
No story-arcing on new stuff, but I got 330 words on a revision I'd been letting sit. Felt good. It's only 330 words, but it's the most I've done in a week and I'm extremely glad I did them. Hopefully more later too.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I got 250 more last night -- woke up with a scene in my head and was afraid of forgetting it. Nothing yet today.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
693 for me today. About twice that in planning.