Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
We have a submission pledge.
We have a rejection pledge.

But what about those of us that aren't there yet?

So here it is! What you have all been waiting for to get yourself BICing.
THE GRAND AND EXCITING DAILY WORDCOUNT PLEDGE

Just sign up right here with your daily word count goal and drop it in your signature for everyone to see.

I found that NaNo gave me the support to get me writing everyday. So now I want to bring that into the rest of the year.

I don't care how many words you pledge. If you want to write one Haiku that's fine. Maybe you want to aim for the magic 2000 words; super! Just make sure it is realistic and that you stick to it.

I am handing out virtual prizes to everyone that participates and sticks to their goal.

Good luck, and get BICing!
:e2BIC:10000

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
I submit and get rejected and everything in between, but hell, I want to play too!

I'll start with 500 words a day.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I pledge to write 1600 words today. Why? Because I have deadlines looming for 2 - 800 word articles. Pledging to do it today may actually entice me to do it today. Thanks.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I wanna play! Let me think about what I want my goal to be. Would a weekly word goal be okay too?

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Make stuff up.

I think the consensus is for now that we'll leave them as is and folks can post where they like/have been comfortable. There are other similar sorts of threads in a couple of the other forums.

The point is to write, right? Whichever works for you. Post here, post here, hell, post in both, I don't care. (that sorta rhymed, heh)

Maybe we can have a duel at some point...mwahahahaha and pick teams. (Oh, I have such wicked, wicked ideas.)

I love that these threads exist.

Write away,

Lisa

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I did 2K a day for NaNo, but some days I actually did 4 and some I did none. I'll say that I commit to 8K a week. Aw, heck. I can do 10K a week. That's reasonable. I've only written 1K today. Better get busy :)

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
I pledge to write thirteen words today (if I can find the time).

smiley10000

Registered
Reaction score
:e2cheer: Keep those pledges coming guys! :e2cheer:

I am happy to see everyone diving right in.
homecookiestack.jpg
Cookies for everyone that has joined so far.

KitKat --> That's a great start. Let's see how you do with building up those articles.

KTC --> I hope you made yesterday's goal. 1,600 words can be tough on a Friday...

MeowGirl --> Weekly goals are words too. And a very good idea. Think up a number that is not too daunting and dive right in!

Cath --> Wow! 10,000 words a week? We'll be watching how all you big goal people do... I may have to get you something yummire than cookies...

I_Shrugged and Good Word --> thanks for not merging. I don't want anyone to feel they have to choose a specific number (like 500) and I thought if it was here in the roundtable people would know it is open to everyone (I know many other threads are, but when their hidden in the genre sections it can be pretty daunting to join)

SoccerMom --> You can do 10k. I know it after watchign you sail through NaNo without breaking a sweat! Keep us updated on how it goes...

Riddler --> 13 is better than none... And if you see you can do that, maybe you can eventually build up to 42. ;)

KiwiChick --> 2,000 is a steep goal! I am impressed with your daring. Now get writing!

Bartholomew --> I am going to watch you long and hard for that one word. And it better be a good one! No articles allowed for your pledge!

brunoshouse --> you're in and we're happy to have you! 750, seemed like a safe number to me as well.

Come 'on? Who else is up for the challenge?
By the way... Thread mascot is:
dory.jpg

Because you have to remember to:
Just keep writing, just keep writing...
:e2BIC:10000

Kudra

Back and on track
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInternationalFreelancer.com
Did 500 words today. Half of a personal essay. Might become part of a larger piece. Or not. Point is, I wrote. And it ain't half-bad either.

(The number of words in these posts, counts, right? RIGHT? :tongue )

lauram

Freddie Mercury Devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Woah, I might as well get crazy and go for 10,000 a week too. Although I am not on track to meet my last pledge: the rejection pledge. :( The year isn't over yet!

Laura

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
All right, I'm in. 1000 words a day, or 7000/week. My mileage may vary.

(Crap, now what have I done?)

I had to join now that Dory is our mascot.

I'll figure out how to alter my sig line later...

Karen

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
One word is seriously my minimum. If I sit in front of the paper for an hour and write one good, solid word that fits, I'm happy, because I've usually spent that hour thinking about where the story should go.

:)

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Okay, here we go. *deep breath*

I pledge to write 2500 words a week. It may not sound like much to some people, but it's a lot more than I'm producing now.

Good luck, everyone!

ModoReese

Bang head here for service
Registered
Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking about this today after failing miserably at NaNoWriMo (and then writing furiously during every conference call I've had at work the past two days), so I'll step up as well:

I pledge to write 500 words a day.

I think this is also my 50th post, woo-hoo!

Michelle

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I think I will do this daily word pledge. One caveat, however: I don't write on Saturdays.

Aside from that, I will make my goal a nice 250 words each day of the six remaining throughout the week.

That is one typewritten page, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.

I look forward to telling you all how I am doing.

ShannonC_77

Registered
Reaction score
I need all the motivation I can get at this point... so I'm in too. :)

I'll pledge for 1500 on my fiction piece right now and then another 1500 for non-fiction work, whether it's my book or else online website articles. (although depending on my mood that may all get transfered to one genre).

Either way, the goal is minimum 3000 per day.

smiley10000

Registered
Reaction score
:Clap:Keep those pledge's coming! You guys are awesome! :Clap:

KitKat! You did it! One day at a time and you'll be churning out those words in no time. Here have some virtual jewelry fro your efforts:
Sterling-Silver-Five-Round-Cubic-Zirconia-Band-Ring-cr-dce-cfaw.jpg

It ain't real... but maybe we can upgrade as the days of writing flow by...

LauraM --> You can do this pledge. By a Dory off of Ebay hang it up by your BICing spot and Just Keep Writing...

Poetic Pen --> A good goal. We're watching you! You can do it!

allion --> there is no better motivator than an annoying blue fish :D

Bartholomew --> If it gets you writing that's most important.

MeowGirl --> Every word is a word. And every goal is a goal. Better to have a goal within reach than one that is unattainable so that you give up without even a trying... Write those 2,500/week and we'll be proud.

Michelle --> 500 words signed in blood. No turning back now. You're up to 50 posts and have made a pledge; you're stuck with us for life. ;)

Ian --> glad to see you jumping in here. It's great to have a day off. One page is a good goal. If it keeps you writing, that's all that matters.

I'm off to do my words for the day...
Until next time,
Just keep writing, just keep writing...
:e2writer:10000

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, got nothing done over the weekend. (slumber party. at my house. Need I say more?)

But I've gotten half of today's quota. I'm getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.