PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be my 4,000th rp?

Susie
12-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks to all of you, I've almost reached another milestone with my rp count. Only 5 more needed for it. Much appreciation! You're all very special to me! :e2grouphu

TsukiRyoko
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I shall contribute! You've posted at a great time, I am far more generous at 4 am. :D

Susie
12-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Bless you, Tsuki. Why aren't you getting your zzzzz's? :D I should be too. Many thanks.

TsukiRyoko
12-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Bless you, Tsuki. Why aren't you getting your zzzzz's? :D I should be too. Many thanks. Please, zzzz's are overrated. Insomnia is much funner. Late night television....well, it kind of sucks, but it's the only tv I watch, really... I should be writing....

Susie, they're holding me captive from my sleep! Send in some Nyquil! :D

Bmwhtly
12-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Insomnia is much funner.I remember those days. After a few weeks of being awake all night, walking around in daylight feels unnatural. Then the paranoia, the blurred vision, Never hallucinated but you will come close.
I've never felt so alive.

Susie
12-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm usually up myself half the night, and sometimes even get some good ideas for my writing. Yep, we're definitely nightowls!

:roll: Tsuki!

TsukiRyoko
12-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I remember those days. After a few weeks of being awake all night, walking around in daylight feels unnatural. Then the paranoia, the blurred vision, Never hallucinated but you will come close.
I've never felt so alive.

After a few weeks of being up and at 'em, I sleep for a full day and it always screws up my schedule. I've tried sleeping in a natural pattern, but it just doesn't work. As for blurred vision, I've been chased by some mangled shadowy, shaky girl (The Grudge and The Exorcist combined with epilepsy, or perhaps she only has a drug problem....) every night for a year. But then, she;s nothing compared to the dots that I've been seeing everywhere.... Maybe I should put the coffee down....

Jo
12-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Well, it's not so late here in Oz, although 5am is around the time I usually fall asleep--when the summer sun's just up.

Congrats on the upcoming 4000th rp, Susie! :hooray:

Bmwhtly
12-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, it's rolling towards 10am here. I'm at work.

But anyway, back to the point. Congrats on the mega repalicious milestone!

Susie
12-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much, guys. You're the best! :Hug2:'s

Susie
12-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you all so much and *drumroll,* please. :) my 4,000th post was given to me by:

aadams73

Sure appreciate everyone for helping me reach my milestone! :e2grouphu

Carrie in PA
12-01-2006, 07:23 PM
So what does she win????? :D :D :D

Bmwhtly
12-01-2006, 07:33 PM
So what does she win????? :D :D :DI don't know, I've offered her a *ahem* prize. All she did was notify the mods ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-01-2006, 07:38 PM
FOUR THOUSAND!?!

And here I was, proud of my 683...

Bravo
12-01-2006, 07:39 PM
hmmmmmmmm

TrainofThought
12-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Youíre generous with reps so Iíll keep moving you along - check again.

ritinrider
12-01-2006, 08:47 PM
FOUR THOUSAND!?!

And here I was, proud of my 683...

Hey, you're way ahead of me, I don't even have 500 yet. (wonder if a little over a year away from here has anything to do with it?)

rr

writerterri
12-01-2006, 09:14 PM
4,000?!!!

What are you doing that I'm not doing?:D

That's great, you sweet thang!

Freckles
12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm usually up myself half the night, and sometimes even get some good ideas for my writing. Yep, we're definitely nightowls!

:roll: Tsuki!

Susie, we must think alike! I always tend to think of the best ideas right before I fall asleep. The trouble is, I usually forget them by morning. I have to start keeping a notepad by my bed, I think.

RPs coming your way!

GPatten
12-01-2006, 10:07 PM
193 points total here. :D

Shadow_Ferret
12-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Wow. 4000! Maybe I have to change my personality and become supernice or something. I'm not even close to 1000.

Well, I think I lost about 100 during the Great May Wipe-Out though, but even with that....

Susie
12-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks so much, guys. You're all so appreciated. I hope I didn't make anyone feel that their rp amounts weren't great, cuz they sure are. :e2grouphu

TrainofThought
12-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Susie, How do I go about getting 4000 reps? Iím sure it was the Ďniceí thing that got you here. Oh well. :banana:

Susie
12-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks so much, Train. I think it was just that I joined early.:) and all you guys are so nice to me! Oh, aadams gift was, of course, a rp and my eternal gratititude!

fredfuller
12-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Okay, I'll play stupid. What are RPs, and what does one have to do to get them? I'm old and senile.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Okay, I'll play stupid. What are RPs, and what does one have to do to get them? I'm old and senile.

Rep points are given for various reasons - some good, some bad - and some are positive and some are negative. Not many folks give the negative kind.

If you'll look over at the left-hand side of my post, you'll see three little icons. One's a round circle - that circle may be green, or it may be gray. Green means the person's online; gray means either they're offline or lurking. Next to that circle is a funny looking something that's either a scale or a lobster dancing on its tail - if you click on that, it'll bring up the Rep screen where you give the good or bad rep. You can leave a comment with it, if you wish - a lot of folks use it to send quick messages to one another to keep from mucking up the threads with 'Me, too!' and 'Howdy!'

The icon next to the right of the scale is a triangle - you use that one to report a post if you think the poster has broken one of the rules (the mightiest of which is 'Respect Your Fellow Writer').

People keep watch on their rep points by clicking on 'User CP' at the top of the left-hand side, about a third of the way down. You can also see your 'Rep Point Level' by moving your cursor to the space just under the 'P' in 'Posts', where it shows your post count under your avatar. There are levels associated with these that are posted here. (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10217&highlight=reputation+levels)

If you haven't been to the Newbie thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886), it's a good source of info.

fredfuller
12-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Thanks, Ol' Girl. Beautiful reply and very clear explanation.

Susie
12-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Hahaha, KTC. That's me! I made a rhyme. :D

Susie
12-02-2006, 04:44 AM
Just so you all know, I wasn't bragging about my rp amount, I was just so happy that I had a reached a milestone with them.

dclary
12-02-2006, 04:51 AM
You toot your horn, dear, and don't let the snivel-nosed no-gooders get you down!!!

dclary
12-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Rep points are given for various reasons - some good, some bad - and some are positive and some are negative. Not many folks give the negative kind.

If you'll look over at the left-hand side of my post, you'll see three little icons. One's a round circle - that circle may be green, or it may be gray. Green means the person's online; gray means either they're offline or lurking. Next to that circle is a funny looking something that's either a scale or a lobster dancing on its tail - if you click on that, it'll bring up the Rep screen where you give the good or bad rep. You can leave a comment with it, if you wish - a lot of folks use it to send quick messages to one another to keep from mucking up the threads with 'Me, too!' and 'Howdy!'

The icon next to the right of the scale is a triangle - you use that one to report a post if you think the poster has broken one of the rules (the mightiest of which is 'Respect Your Fellow Writer').

People keep watch on their rep points by clicking on 'User CP' at the top of the left-hand side, about a third of the way down. You can also see your 'Rep Point Level' by moving your cursor to the space just under the 'P' in 'Posts', where it shows your post count under your avatar. There are levels associated with these that are posted here. (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10217&highlight=reputation+levels)

If you haven't been to the Newbie thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886), it's a good source of info.

Howdy!

Crap! Shoulda RP'd that!

WackAMole
12-02-2006, 04:53 AM
You toot your horn, dear, and don't let the snivel-nosed no-gooders get you down!!!

Agreed! And just FYI..i didnt see your post as a brag!

jbal
12-02-2006, 05:00 AM
I didn't either.

Bartholomew
12-02-2006, 05:03 AM
I didn't either.

Me either.

My initial was reaction was actually, "Martin ****ing Luther--tell me she forgot the decimal point!"

Susie
12-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Aww, thanks so much, guys. You sure know how to make this ol' gal smile! Ok, anything you want is yours in the house of PCS! :D

fredfuller
12-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I sorry, I must have offended someone. I really did not know what RPs are. I was looking for information. I'm new at this and was just curious. I apologize. Very sorry.

Susie
12-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Fred, you didn't offend anyone. I just misunderstood someone else's post. Nothing to do with you at all, honest and no need to apologize. :welcome: to the cooler. You'll really like it here.